[Kernel][GB] holoNote Kernel 0.1 (Ghost Touch detection removed)
Notice: Saurom RCV users, there is a fix so that you can flash other kernels. The problem was caused by an incompatible library being flashed over Saurom's RTL modded library. In the future, my kernels will ship without modified libraries, and a cwm zip containing only the libraries will be offered (for those who need them).
For your pleasure, here is a new kernel for the ATT Galaxy Note. This kernel is forked from Da_G's Overclock kernel, so you are still getting all the features of that excellent piece of code.
For those a bit confused as to what 'Ghost thouch' is, and why it is removed:
Samsung added a bit of code to the touchscreen driver on the non-intl version of the note to detect 'ghost' touch input events, similar to the raindrop detection on the original Motorola Atrix (and others). While a nice idea on paper, this had un-intended consequences when trying to perform multi-touch input that continues longer than around 5 seconds; such as playing some games. It is now disabled in this kernel.
Edit: There also seems to be a pleasant side effect that I hadn't noticed... keyboard input is improved. Makes sense I suppose, since now there isn't this constant check for false touches slowing things down. Let me know if you see this on your device.
1. I have only tested this kernel on the ATT Galaxy Note running stock rom
2. This kernel has no option to turn ghost touch detection on and off (I am considering this for version 0.2)
3. I will likely not fix the issues where more than 6 fingers are not reliably detected.... why do you need that many fingers on the screen??
4. As always, you are flashing something on to your expensive phone and it very well could kill you, burn [more] holes in the ozone layer, intoxicate innocent kittens, etc. (oh, and break your phone). You always flash at your own risk.
5. The only change at the moment over Da_G's 0.2 kernel is the touchscreen stated above. As such, all the other good or bad remains the same.
Have fun, Let me know what you think.
Saurom RC4 -- Works fine
Saurom RC5 -- holoNote kernel is bundled already, but if you want to flash a different kernel you must apply a cwm zip containing a RTL modded lib
TPC V2 -- Works fine
Rogers -- Works fine
Kallsyms version of my Kernel is now up (file ending with suffix 'k'). Please confirm that it is working for you guys that use that feature (I do not).
Per request: Version without su/busybox (and install script) is now up. Please NOTE: this kernel does not remove root, just no longer installs root.
An oversight of mine has resulted in android reporting kernel version unavailable. Apps such as cpuspy report correct kernel name/ version.