[Q] Boot Loop Frustration

OP mmcounts

19th March 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
I have searched around and can't seem to find a similar problem with a solution that I can understand. I used superoneclick to root my Verizon Galaxy 7" tablet. Everything seemed to go fine, but I really didn't have time to do anything "techy" with it. After a couple of weeks the tablet was acting kind of glitchy, nothing terrible, so I should have just left it alone. Instead I tried to do a complete factory reset. I tried several times, but it would never completely reset. My personalized wallpaper would show up, then all my apps were still there, settings didn't appear to change, etc.

I tried using Heimdall and loading new cache, param, system & zImage files. Now I am stuck in a boot loop. The machine will power up to the setup wizard, but every step generates multiple FCs until the setup wizard itself FC. Then it powers down and starts all over again. "Wipe data/factory reset" produces no change to the problem.

At this point I just want to restore my tablet to stock. No root, nothing fancy.

Can someone recommend a clear, easy to follow, current tutorial for me? I have downloaded Odin, but am uncertain which ROM I need to use. I really don't care which method you recommend as long as it is detailed (ie. written for a complete idiot to follow).

Thanks for any help.
20th March 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

88 posts
I've gone back to stock using this tutorial, but you also can upgrade it to the Overcome GB ROM using this tutorial and you should have no issues. I know everything worked for for me using it:

Overcome Guide

Complete with filedownloads.
20th March 2012, 04:41 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,260

3,138 posts
More
I think people have to stop recommending Overcome guide for CDMA tabs.
They may end up bricking their tab further.
22nd March 2012, 07:46 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 165

296 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by priyana

I think people have to stop recommending Overcome guide for CDMA tabs.
They may end up bricking their tab further.

Agree!!

If your G-Tab is CDMA, please make sure to find CDMA ROMs in the Development section. Installing a GSM rom on your CDMA G-tab will mess up your device further.

Better yet, since yours is verizon, just search 'Verizon" in the Development section for Verizon ROMs (Firmwares).
E.g.:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...hlight=verizon
Last edited by yappoe; 22nd March 2012 at 07:58 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
boot loop, root, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread