[Updated 4/3]An unofficial kernel and home button patch for YP-G70 INTL CM9/MIUI

Search This thread

noisyfox

Jan 20, 2012
Nanjing
It won't detect your model so take you own risk!

Just flash it with CWM.
This package contains ambrice's CM kernel and my home button patch.

Code:
Ver 2.0
    Using ambrice's CM kernel Beta 1. This fixed the vibration problem.
    -- I'v tested it on CM9 beta 1(Let's just call it beta 1) and my own MIUI based on
       CM9 alpha and it works great. The only problem is when you press menu and
       back, it won't have vibration. But i don't think it is the kernel's matter.;)
Ver 1.0
    Original package.
    ambrice's CM kernel Alpha 2.
    noisyfox's home button patch for INTL.

Attachments

• Noisyfoxs_G70_INTL_CM_Patch_Package.1.Signed.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 6,525
  • Noisyfoxs_G70_INTL_CM_Patch_Package.2.unsigned.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 4,297
Last edited:

fromnowon

Mar 20, 2012
Awesome!
I will try this when i get my device:D
-------
小狐狸我顶你,鉴于此版禁水,匿了。。。

turbanator

Feb 24, 2007
Thank you noisyfox and of course, JackpotCalvin & the team working on the ICS port!

I used noisyfox's Unofficial Kernel & Home button patch and followed this proceedure:

1. Booted into CWM, was using a ROM with rumirand's R13 kernel.
  2. Backed up my device using CWM [optional].
  3. Applied noisyfox's patch, I applied this first to ensure the kernel I was using for ICS would match the kernel that was active during the install. No idea if this step makes a difference, it was pre-emptive.
  4. Installed ICS using JackpotCalvin's instructions here. Followed by installation of gapps using gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip as described by JackpotCalvin.
  5. Installed once again, noisyfox's patch. This ensured not only that I was on the right kernel, but also patched ICS for working home button.

Now, I have a working YP-G70 with ICS!! Thank you so much guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapydax

noisyfox

Jan 20, 2012
Nanjing
Thank you noisyfox and of course, JackpotCalvin & the team working on the ICS port!

I used noisyfox's Unofficial Kernel & Home button patch and followed this proceedure:

3. Applied noisyfox's patch, I applied this first to ensure the kernel I was using for ICS would match the kernel that was active during the install. No idea if this step makes a difference, it was pre-emptive.
  4. Installed ICS using JackpotCalvin's instructions here. Followed by installation of gapps using gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip as described by JackpotCalvin.
  5. Installed once again, noisyfox's patch. This ensured not only that I was on the right kernel, but also patched ICS for working home button.

You don't need to install the patch before you install CM9. Anyhow, thanks and congratulate.

NullUser

Mar 13, 2012
Just like this? :'( Do u know of anything going on?

Sent from my YP-G70 using XDA

marcusmarcus

Dec 3, 2010
I used your version 1 with the CM9 ROM Here and it booted up OK but the physical home key did not work. I just installed your version 2 kernel on the ROM and now my home key works as it did back on the pre alpha CM9. Thanks!!!
I haven't noticed any vibration working but I haven't tried to much yet.

noisyfox

Jan 20, 2012
Nanjing
I used your version 1 with the CM9 ROM Here and it booted up OK but the physical home key did not work. I just installed your version 2 kernel on the ROM and now my home key works as it did back on the pre alpha CM9. Thanks!!!
I haven't noticed any vibration working but I haven't tried to much yet.

you will get vibration when you typing.

noisyfox

Jan 20, 2012
Nanjing
OK. I've tested it on that rom and it works well. I have vibration when i press the app icon and it looks fine. I don't know what's happened to your device but maybe you should flash the patch again.

Reactions: marcusmarcus

kfirbep

Feb 9, 2012
Whats is the difference between the first release. To the second release?

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium

cvcduty

Feb 24, 2011
Holly
So, I flashed your signed version and could not get the vibration to work. I flashed it 4 time and no go. Then I flashed your unsigned one and the vibration is working for unlocking and typing...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It won't detect your model so take you own risk!

Just flash it with CWM.
    This package contains ambrice's CM kernel and my home button patch.

Code:
    Ver 2.0
        Using ambrice's CM kernel Beta 1. This fixed the vibration problem.
        -- I'v tested it on CM9 beta 1(Let's just call it beta 1) and my own MIUI based on
           CM9 alpha and it works great. The only problem is when you press menu and
           back, it won't have vibration. But i don't think it is the kernel's matter.;)
    Ver 1.0
        Original package.
        ambrice's CM kernel Alpha 2.
        noisyfox's home button patch for INTL.
    Can patch be modifided to work on CM10 international.

I'll try.
    I'm not sure if this is being developed anymore, but do you have the source on Github or somewhere similar? I'd like to learn a bit more about kernels and seeing as I have an INTL device, I thought it might be a good idea to study this kernel a bit. Thanks in advance!

My github:
    https://github.com/Noisyfox

Updated ver 2.0