Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,868 Members 42,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][05.9.12] CleanROM Developer Edition 1.4 -★| ICS 4.0.3 | Tweaks | New Kernel |★-

Tip us?

scrosler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 51,166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by trkorecky View Post
I'm not really an Android dev so I'm sure I should stay away for a few versions but man do I hate Sense. So tempting Scott...
Just remember its an Alpha quality ROM and is in a work in progress!

Maybe you can help troubleshoot and find some bugs!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 51,166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troider View Post
Thank you! I think I'm ready to run the RUU with the new firmware, but I just wanted to double check that we shouldn't run into any issues in the future. If the OTA has a lower mainver or a lower HBOOT, would we be screwed? And if you went back and ran the GB RUU, everything would be back to normal except you would have a new HBOOT (2.21 I think)?
Looking forward to flashing this. I love senseless and was holding off on updating to the new RUU until someone made one.

There is no going back to the Gingerbread RUU when you update. However you can still flash GB ROMs.

I cannot predict the future as far as what HTC is going to release. I heard they did drop a final release that had a lower hboot than a leak but thats a one off situation and the chance you have to take to be on the bleeding edge.

I did it and I am not too woried about final having a lower hboot. If it does.. It does.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phyba
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Does the apex launcher perform good on this? I know on cleanrom 4.0 the apex launcher is not smooth at all. Very rough scrolling and laggy. App drawer is smooth though lol

Scott - I see where qualcomm released new adreno drivers for ics, would there be anyway to implement those new drivers to see if they help with performance?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

trkorecky
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Well you've convinced me. Just sitting at home relearning C++, SDL and OpenGL anyway so I might as well take a stab at it.

BeagleBoy
Old
Thanks Meter 34

DONATE TO ME
Thank you!! Sense has been growing on me (much like a fungus) but there are still things that I can't stand.

And yes, I understand the meaning of Alpha, so you don't need to post your warning again.

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 51,166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyba View Post
Does the apex launcher perform good on this? I know on cleanrom 4.0 the apex launcher is not smooth at all. Very rough scrolling and laggy. App drawer is smooth though lol

Scott - I see where qualcomm released new adreno drivers for ics, would there be anyway to implement those new drivers to see if they help with performance?

I might check those out but I didint have time. When inspiration hits I just have to go with it. If I stop to check something I will get side tracked,lol

Quote:
Well you've convinced me. Just sitting at home relearning C++, SDL and OpenGL anyway so I might as well take a stab at it.

Have fun with all that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleBoy View Post
Thank you!! Sense has been growing on me (much like a fungus) but there are still things that I can't stand.

And yes, I understand the meaning of Alpha, so you don't need to post your warning again.
Sense is that bad but after running this ROM... I dont really miss it. This ROM is fast and fluid.

Just remember its an Alpha quality ROM and is in a work in progress! (HAHA! I said it!)

-Scott
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

con247
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

Just remember its an Alpha quality ROM and is in a work in progress! (HAHA! I said it!)

-Scott
I am beginning to get the vibe that this rom is a WIP? Am I on the right track? lol
Current Phone: iPhone 5[s]
Check out my GS3 Splash Screen Changer

scrosler
Old
Thanks Meter 51,166

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by con247 View Post
I am beginning to get the vibe that this rom is a WIP? Am I on the right track? lol
Well, actually Con,

Its an Alpha quality ROM and is in a work in progress...

So yeah, you are right, ahahahahaha...

I just dont want certain people coming in in the thread and freaking out on me. You remember Senseless v 2.0? And a couple certain poeple just FREAKING OUT when an issue was found. And you remember that one guy... when I got the very first ICS leak running? Remmeber him... I am just not putting up with that ****... So....

Just remember its an Alpha quality ROM and is in a work in progress! (but its a damn smooth one I will tell you that!)
The Following User Says Thank You to scrosler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phyba
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post

I might check those out but I didint have time. When inspiration hits I just have to go with it. If I stop to check something I will get side tracked,lol

Have fun with all that!

Sense is that bad but after running this ROM... I dont really miss it. This ROM is fast and fluid.

-Scott
Lol. I got a 6 year old who side tracks me every day lol.

I was asking about the apex launcher because its laggy on ur clean rom 4.0 rom ans was just wondering if that's how that launcher runs? Guess coming from sense with the ultra smooth Rosie tweak, it makes the apex launcher seem "rough" when scrolling

prdog1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4,517
Quote:
I'm not really an Android dev so I'm sure I should stay away for a few versions but man do I hate Sense. So tempting Scott...
Rom is sweet. lol