Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 40,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [ICS][ROM] roms with IA2SD+ script

Tip us?

Calibrae
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] [ICS][ROM] roms with IA2SD+ script

Hello,

I'm one of the unlucky who used MeDroidMod and got his mic ****ed with the last update.. following by the blatant disregard for an open source community.
I really like the way IA2SD+ handled things tho, I've looked around but didn't find any other rom using it.
Is there any? Or can experts having used a few scripts like that can enlighten me about other and just as nice scripts to boost the internal memory?

Thanks

Theshawty
Old
Thanks Meter 4,433
I don't know internally how iA2SD but it does seem to mount /sd-ext as /data, which basically all AD2SDX scripts do, so amarullz AD2SDX script should do, even though iA2SD is much better

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

timbit123
Old
Thanks Meter 294

DONATE TO ME
Yeah the idea of ia2sd is coming from a2sdx but on my second version with ia2sd app I changed all my script for a more optimized one and still the same idea but with the idea of choosing whitch app you want internal or external. Anyway, for now, I didn't really try my script on other version and medroidmod will continue to be updated event if the thread is closed, our Google code always contain the last version and will continue to update over ota too.

For your mic try 1.4.3 with full wipe first and backup before starting.
First time that don't have mic issue too.
New kernel, new drivers on that version
You can now follow MedroidMod and my work on twitter : @MedroidMod
The Following User Says Thank You to timbit123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Calibrae
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thanks timbit123, I'll be sure to check it out. I rolled back to 1.4.2 for now - didn't have much time to full wipe yesterday.

I have to say your script really rocks. Other 2SD scripts usually ****ed up my backups, and restores, and I didn't like the fact I didn't know what was going where. If the 1X was released a few months later, I'd keep on using my N1 for a while thanks to you.

cpm
Old
(Last edited by cpm; 21st March 2012 at 02:35 PM.)
Thanks Meter 109
Timbit, I really think your ia2sd is a fantastic solution for our aging Nexus Ones.

Is there any chance it can be made available stand alone so that it can be used with any ROM? You could give it its on well deserved thread on XDA Android Dev forum (will it work on any rooted Android phone?)

Anyhow, could make many people happy

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
Samsung Note 2 - Dr Ketan's ROM
Nexus One - CM 7.1 final (still using as a backup phone!)

timbit123
Old
Thanks Meter 294

DONATE TO ME
Yeah as long the rom is compatible with init.d it should work without issue. I will probably make it installable from the ia2sd app. Just need some times to make this out and make tests

taodan
Old
(Last edited by taodan; 21st March 2012 at 09:25 PM.)
Thanks Meter 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit123 View Post
Yeah the idea of ia2sd is coming from a2sdx but on my second version with ia2sd app I changed all my script for a more optimized one and still the same idea but with the idea of choosing whitch app you want internal or external. Anyway, for now, I didn't really try my script on other version and medroidmod will continue to be updated event if the thread is closed, our Google code always contain the last version and will continue to update over ota too.

For your mic try 1.4.3 with full wipe first and backup before starting.
First time that don't have mic issue too.
New kernel, new drivers on that version
Regarding the mic issue, it still exists in v1.4.3 even though I did full wipe and format system before flashing the ROM. I had to wipe cache and dalvik-cache after the phone rebooted and that solved the mic issue.
DISCLAIMER: Click the button at your own risk! I am not responsible for your mistake.

~!~ Backup Phone: Nexus One ~!~
  • HBOOT: Latest Blackrose S-off
  • Recovery: Amon_RA v2.21
  • ROM: ICS AOKP Milestone 5
  • Kernel: Tiamat & Shaky156 ICS 03142012
  • SD Card: 16GB
~!~ Acer Iconia A500 Tablet ~!~
  • Recovery: CWM rev1.7 by Thor2002ro
  • ROM: CM10 JellyTime 4.1.2
  • Kernel: 2.6.39.4+
  • SD Card: 8GB

sarshadd
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbit123 View Post
Yeah as long the rom is compatible with init.d it should work without issue. I will probably make it installable from the ia2sd app. Just need some times to make this out and make tests
please!!!!

timbit123
Old
(Last edited by timbit123; 23rd March 2012 at 06:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 294

DONATE TO ME
ok, i'll build a version sometime next week and start a thread in dev section when i'll release a version. Probably it will be only the script because, application can only run in ics, not compatible with gingerbread. need some times to remake that application
The Following User Says Thank You to timbit123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cpm
Old
Thanks Meter 109
That's great news TimBit. Merci!

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
Samsung Note 2 - Dr Ketan's ROM
Nexus One - CM 7.1 final (still using as a backup phone!)

Tags
ia2sd+, ics, rom