[Important] Verizon Droid Pro stock update 4.7.3 - READ BEFORE PROCEED
You cant imagine, Moto just released 4.7.3 update for our DP.
Google around, you will get some image whats going on on new improvements
PLUS: Android version updated from 2.3.3 to 2.3.4
2.3.3 has been so notorious for its daxned battery drainage. And from my experience with Xperia SK17I, 2.3.4 has solved this problem, so it is so worthwhile for you to update.
[Very Important - ROOT]
You will loss root if you go directly for the update, no existing rooting method would work on 4.7.3 directly
1. Before update, backup all your Apps and data
2. Install "OTA Root Keeper" from Market
3. Save Root information by OTA RootKeeper
4. Update by the below section's methods
5. Reboot, restore root information by RootKeeper
6. Restore backuped Apps/Data
A. Go to Setting>About Phone>Check Update
B. Use update.zip of 4.7.3 to update through Recovery Mode
(I prefer this. My experience, higher success rate + you can see the commandlines running, you would know if it is halted or not)