Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: CNA stop Developping. On what porting, should be based the Next Tiramisu?
AOKP 199 45.96%
Dark Knight 33 7.62%
Slim ICS 79 18.24%
CM9 130 30.02%
Other Tell me 20 4.62%
CNA (no new updates) 8 1.85%
Gummy 8 1.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

[ICS ROM]Tiramisu+ I.C.E.A.G.E. V.1.9.6 I'M DIFFERENT![CWM FileManager][AROMA][OTA]

OP DjSound

13th April 2012, 02:33 PM   |  #351  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 883

738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by carols

yes

very strange... it's first time i hear of this bug... something goes wrong during installation re-flash the rom doing all wipe and format of only system...
13th April 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #352  
Thanks Meter: 13

92 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu86

very strange... it's first time i hear of this bug... something goes wrong during installation re-flash the rom doing all wipe and format of only system...

You should have told him 'LONG Press' power button.
13th April 2012, 03:54 PM   |  #353  
OP Senior Member

738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom89

You should have told him 'LONG Press' power button.

Well, this I took for granted ... since we are talking of extended menu, accessible only if you hold the power button
The Following User Says Thank You to DjSound For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #354  
Flag Akureyri
Thanks Meter: 214

1,897 posts
Donate to Me
More
345MB for one ROM ? ... I must be missing something, is this Tiramisau another ROM with ICE AGE or what is going on with the size?
I have read the OP from top to toe but I am no closer in knowing why this ROM is 300MB+ , never seen such a big ROM.

Peace
13th April 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #355  
Flag Iloilo
Thanks Meter: 40

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEVARM3

345MB for one ROM ? ... I must be missing something, is this Tiramisau another ROM with ICE AGE or what is going on with the size?
I have read the OP from top to toe but I am no closer in knowing why this ROM is 300MB+ , never seen such a big ROM.

Peace

Its because of the aroma installer which allows you to customize your installation. So it contains many other files or apks.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Last edited by ryandabao; 13th April 2012 at 04:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ryandabao For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #356  
Flag Akureyri

1,897 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryandabao

Its because of the aroma installer which allows you to customize your installation. Read the op.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Read my comment please, I have read the OP ..... I just didnīt think Aroma installer would be that big :/
13th April 2012, 05:07 PM   |  #357  
Thanks Meter: 61

469 posts
More
Quote:

done it i went back to 1.6 installed that then wiped everthing then installed 1.8 all is good so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to carols For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #358  
OP Senior Member

738 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Read my comment please, I have read the OP ..... I just didnīt think Aroma installer would be that big :/

higher size = more customization, you can choose almost everything... From kernel to modem, from bootanimation to theme, from animation to app, you can back if do some error of choice or modify the installation after installed the ROM and so on...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2
Last edited by DjSound; 13th April 2012 at 05:24 PM.
13th April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #359  
Flag Akureyri

1,897 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

higher size = more customization, you can choose almost everything... From kernel to modem, from bootanimation to theme, from animation to app, you can back if do some error of choice or modify the installation after installed the ROM and so on...

Inviato dal mio GT-I9000 con Tapatalk 2

okey, so I go to this thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1461712 ) and download the Aroma installer and Install it on my phone ... and flash the ROM from Aroma?
Or do I just put the 350MB ZIP file onto my SD Card and flash it via Recovery and then when the ROM has booted up I customize it with Aroma after I have flashed the ROM?
Feels like this has been answered million times but Iīm not finding it, realy sorry about that :/

Peace
13th April 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #360  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 3,843

3,439 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

okey, so I go to this thread ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1461712 ) and download the Aroma installer and Install it on my phone ... and flash the ROM from Aroma?
Or do I just put the 350MB ZIP file onto my SD Card and flash it via Recovery and then when the ROM has booted up I customize it with Aroma after I have flashed the ROM?
Feels like this has been answered million times but Iīm not finding it, realy sorry about that :/

Peace

Just start zip file from cwm and enjoy

The Following User Says Thank You to malcho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android 4.0.3, android 4.0.4, aroma, galaxy s, i9000, ics, tiramisu
Previous Thread Next Thread