Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,578 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: CNA stop Developping. On what porting, should be based the Next Tiramisu?
AOKP 199 45.96%
Dark Knight 33 7.62%
Slim ICS 79 18.24%
CM9 130 30.02%
Other Tell me 20 4.62%
CNA (no new updates) 8 1.85%
Gummy 8 1.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

[ICS ROM]Tiramisu+ I.C.E.A.G.E. V.1.9.6 I'M DIFFERENT![CWM FileManager][AROMA][OTA]

Tip us?

Stoux2
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariachi202 View Post
That's what i'm talking about!

One more question and then i'm buggering off.

Will this work with the latest gapps from 2904?

I guess I should try it for myself, yet I know that the chances of the talk app dissapearing are quite large.

If anyone should find a fix or has an idea on how to avoid this, please, do consider not witholding this valuable information

Sent from my SGH-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
He kicked a few apps out of the package (like talk), just flash the talk app from RootzWiki?

Hit the Thanks button if anything I said was usefull

Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2
  • Samsung Galaxy S [Status: Dying]

mariachi202
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Just did the flash, and i'm happy to report that everything works like a charm. And looks sexy too!

Perhaps the way i did it this time has something to do with it?

This time i flashed gapps as a separate package through CWM and then did the modification through the aroma installer.
I'm just hoping that this info could help someone.

Stoux, thanks a ton for your constructive comments.

As for DjSound, I trully believe that he deserves an action figure of somekind bearing his developing abilities ")

The Following User Says Thank You to mariachi202 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Denton.S
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Nope,sadly this super user is very strange and hates build prop changes in the settings. Going to go back to the old app I think as the 3g tweaks really help my speed. Aside from that ( and it's by no means the roms fault) everythings working very well

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Denton.S For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mariachi202
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denton.S View Post
Nope,sadly this super user is very strange and hates build prop changes in the settings. Going to go back to the old app I think as the 3g tweaks really help my speed. Aside from that ( and it's by no means the roms fault) everythings working very well

I believe the 3g speed hack to be enabled by default?

And for your build.prop-tweak-needs, why don't you consider the rom toolbox app from the play store. Could help you.

The Following User Says Thank You to mariachi202 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stoux2
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariachi202 View Post
Just did the flash, and i'm happy to report that everything works like a charm. And looks sexy too!

Perhaps the way i did it this time has something to do with it?

This time i flashed gapps as a separate package through CWM and then did the modification through the aroma installer.
I'm just hoping that this info could help someone.

Stoux, thanks a ton for your constructive comments.

As for DjSound, I trully believe that he deserves an action figure of somekind bearing his developing abilities ")

You're welcome and enjoy the awesomeness DJSound has given us !!

Quote:

It doesnt recognize that it wants root acces and therefore doesn't give a message for you to allow it. Let me know if reverting to the old SU works ?

Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoux2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Denton.S
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Ok first off let me state for the record, I'm an idiot. Had no back up of my old su app. How ever that was easily solved by getting the apk from Tiramisu 1.8.

I can confirm that root can now acces build prop settings ( and maybe anything else?) the new superSU won't.

Process is pretty simple- Get hold of previous superuser apk file ( if you can't find it on the market let me know and I'll host it some where,it didn't show up for me)
Install this file, go into prefrences and hit update binary.
Let it do its thing, grant any acces asked by either new or old apps (SU or newly installed)
Run update again.
That should be it.
Old (by old I mean original from previous rom versions) su program should now be default for any root permissions.
Then i disabled and force stoped the SU app the rom came with.
So far no problems, I apologise for the long post but maybe it can help someone else out too.

The Following User Says Thank You to Denton.S For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stoux2
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Quote:
Ok first off let me state for the record, I'm an idiot. Had no back up of my old su app. How ever that was easily solved by getting the apk from Tiramisu 1.8.

I can confirm that root can now acces build prop settings ( and maybe anything else?) the new superSU won't.

Process is pretty simple- Get hold of previous superuser apk file ( if you can't find it on the market let me know and I'll host it some where,it didn't show up for me)
Install this file, go into prefrences and hit update binary.
Let it do its thing, grant any acces asked by either new or old apps (SU or newly installed)
Run update again.
That should be it.
Old (by old I mean original from previous rom versions) su program should now be default for any root permissions.
Then i disabled and force stoped the SU app the rom came with.
So far no problems, I apologise for the long post but maybe it can help someone else out too.

Ok good to hear, I know it requires some work but could you maybe try to re-install the new SuperSU again (that comes with the new rom) (and thus deleting the old one again).
It might give you an option to grant Superuser premissions this time (it might have something to do with the fact that it comes preflashed, and if it still doesn't give you the option to grant root acces it has to do with the way the app asks for SuperUser permissions).
The reason the old one doesn't show up in the market is because Chainfire deleted it from the market (play store..) and replaced it with the new one.

Stoux

Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Stoux2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Denton.S
Old
Thanks Meter 22
To be honest, I didn't really like the look of the new version anyway. I think I'm going to be stuborn on this one and stick with what I know works It's not damaged anything else and everything such as OTA still works just fine. So from now on this shall be my highly convoluted way of getting it back.

Didn't know it had been taken off the market though,I found it in the browser version but it said it wasn't compatible with my device. Very strange.

But cheers for your advice, I tend to flash far too many times so despite what I said theres a good chance I'll try your idea

ruk_design
Old
Thanks Meter 10

DONATE TO ME
Hi Djsound. Very nice work.. gret rom.
i just have one question and suggestion too if possible.
well is it possible to port the ACCESS CONTROL from MIUI roms for builtin App security.? as MIUI have the best builtin app access control security.

Thanks.

carols
Old
Thanks Meter 61
iam trying to install cnd launcher but every time i try to install it it don't install.
sent from my galaxy in essex

Tags
android 4.0.3, android 4.0.4, aroma, galaxy s, i9000, ics, tiramisu