Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,457 Members 42,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[discussion/faq] codename rom

Tip us?

BigJPNut
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungovernable1977 View Post
do people really use the stock cable? With the OG epic we tossed it or ONLY used for charging... it caused so many issues with Odin flashing.
I know there are better, but there are worse like og epic cable. Thats why I said stock so atleast he has a shot.

ungovernable1977
Old
Thanks Meter 97
so you think the stock with the touch is better than the one from the OG Epic? Serious question, I honestly have not tried, you think its better quality than the old one? I just use this old BBerry cable thats as thick as a Cat6... never failed...

flashback7
Old
Thanks Meter 1,327
Quote:
do people really use the stock cable? With the OG epic we tossed it or ONLY used for charging... it caused so many issues with Odin flashing.
I've always just used the Samsung usb cable. Only thing is when I use autoroot I have to jiggle the end around for it to catch it, but then it takes off.. :sly:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Sprint-Moto X/Gummy nightly/TWRP 2.7.1.1

BigJPNut
Old
Thanks Meter 437
Quote:
so you think the stock with the touch is better than the one from the OG Epic? Serious question, I honestly have not tried, you think its better quality than the old one? I just use this old BBerry cable thats as thick as a Cat6... never failed...
Blackberry cable is awsome, thats the one I use now. Also the stock touch cable has never failed me with odin either. All I know is when I had the og epic, that cable caused me loads of issues.

b1g.p0ppa
Old
(Last edited by b1g.p0ppa; 10th April 2012 at 06:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 195
So I heimdalled boot.img from the AOKP 31 build. Now I have FD02 kernel. Seems a little snappier.
Anyone know whether I can access the video camera fixes? I don't have any idea what files I need or if it's even possible. Tried pushing /system/lib/hw/* as well as /system/app/Camera.apk (wiped caches and rebooted) but it still fails.

Edit: Found /system/lib/libcamera_client.so and libcameraservice.so. Pushed, chmodded, wiped caches, rebooted. Still no go.

Looks like this needs to be (and has been maybe?) fixed in source. CNA / android_device_samsung_galaxys2

Wish I knew how to program. Le sigh.
The Following User Says Thank You to b1g.p0ppa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gershee
Old
Thanks Meter 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g.p0ppa View Post
So I heimdalled boot.img from the AOKP 31 build. Now I have FD02 kernel. Seems a little snappier.
Anyone know whether I can access the video camera fixes? I don't have any idea what files I need or if it's even possible. Tried pushing /system/lib/hw/* as well as /system/app/Camera.apk (wiped caches and rebooted) but it still fails.

Edit: Found /system/lib/libcamera_client.so and libcameraservice.so. Pushed, chmodded, wiped caches, rebooted. Still no go.

Looks like this needs to be (and has been maybe?) fixed in source. CNA / android_device_samsung_galaxys2

I like where your heads at!
wish I could help..
neeeeeeed sleeeeeep....
Samsung Epic 4G Touch (E4GT)

"if i'm too drunk to walk, i rock a party on crutches"

T.C.P
Old
(Last edited by T.C.P; 10th April 2012 at 06:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3,604

DONATE TO ME
I know I said next time u c Me here I would link u guys.. but wanted to chime in on the camera fix. Its all the stage fright libs. Omx libs omx folder, camera .so from hw folder and modded camera from cm9 that will fix the video camera and playback issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T.C.P For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b1g.p0ppa
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.P View Post
I know I said next time u c Me here I would link u guys.. but wanted to chime in on the camera fix. Its all the stage fright libs. Omx libs omx folder, camera .so from hw folder and modded camera from cm9 that will fix the video camera and playback issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Wow, thanks Erick. Really appreciate that. I'm off to bed for more but will resume hacking first thing when I get to work in the morning

Wizard Knight
Old
Thanks Meter 257
Quote:

If you honestly want to learn programming, as I'm trying to as well...

Friend of mine said learn Python first because of its ease then from there move on to Java then pick your destiny. He pointed me to a great open source textbook for python which is linked at bottom of post... if you have any questions, pm me and I'll help any way I can

Sorry for the off-topic, just thought a few starters might find this helpful.

http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/p...h2e/index.html

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard Knight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

b1g.p0ppa
Old
(Last edited by b1g.p0ppa; 10th April 2012 at 07:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Wow, thanks Erick. Really appreciate that. I'm off to bed for more but will resume hacking first thing when I get to work in the morning

Yeah, right! So close having pushed everything except the *stagefright* and omx stuff. Doing that right now.

EDIT: /system/lib/libmediaservice.so was missing too so the ui wouldn't load. Slight pucker moment but the phone was responding to adb just fine so I pushed it and lo and behold the ui loaded without even having to reboot.
Video camera still failing, but I'm closer I think! Using all these files from the AOKP 31 zip.

Still failing. Pushed a bunch of stuff from the AOKP ROM but /system/bin/mediaserver (yes, I pushed that too) keeps dying. It's late, I'm gonna sleep on it.

This immediately precedes the stack trace:
Quote:
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.TI.DUCATI1.VIDEO.MPEG4E'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.qcom.7x30.video.encoder.mpeg4'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.TI.Video.encoder'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.Nvidia.mp4.encoder'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.SEC.MPEG4.Encoder'
I/M4vH263Encoder( 3625): Construct software M4vH263Encoder
E/M4vH263Encoder( 3625): Color format 2130706434 is not supported
F/libc ( 3625): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000010 (code=1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Knight View Post
If you honestly want to learn programming, as I'm trying to as well...

Friend of mine said learn Python first because of its ease then from there move on to Java then pick your destiny. He pointed me to a great open source textbook for python which is linked at bottom of post... if you have any questions, pm me and I'll help any way I can

Sorry for the off-topic, just thought a few starters might find this helpful.

http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/p...h2e/index.html

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
Thanks man. I honestly would like to program but I'm not sure how cut out for it I am. Been a Unix admin for like 20 years and yeah, I can hack already written stuff, but writing--and worse, debugging--new stuff conflicts with my ADD real bad. But who knows, I've been meaning to look into python. More and more stuff is being written in it. Thanks for the recommendation.