Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[discussion/faq] codename rom

OP cidica

10th April 2012, 06:32 AM   |  #1941  
BigJPNut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 453
 
1,593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungovernable1977

do people really use the stock cable? With the OG epic we tossed it or ONLY used for charging... it caused so many issues with Odin flashing.

I know there are better, but there are worse like og epic cable. Thats why I said stock so atleast he has a shot.
10th April 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #1942  
ungovernable1977's Avatar
Senior Member
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 97
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
so you think the stock with the touch is better than the one from the OG Epic? Serious question, I honestly have not tried, you think its better quality than the old one? I just use this old BBerry cable thats as thick as a Cat6... never failed...
10th April 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #1943  
flashback7's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag San Antonio Texas
Thanks Meter: 1,368
 
2,794 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungovernable1977

do people really use the stock cable? With the OG epic we tossed it or ONLY used for charging... it caused so many issues with Odin flashing.

I've always just used the Samsung usb cable. Only thing is when I use autoroot I have to jiggle the end around for it to catch it, but then it takes off.. :sly:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
10th April 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #1944  
BigJPNut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 453
 
1,593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ungovernable1977

so you think the stock with the touch is better than the one from the OG Epic? Serious question, I honestly have not tried, you think its better quality than the old one? I just use this old BBerry cable thats as thick as a Cat6... never failed...

Blackberry cable is awsome, thats the one I use now. Also the stock touch cable has never failed me with odin either. All I know is when I had the og epic, that cable caused me loads of issues.
10th April 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #1945  
b1g.p0ppa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roam
Thanks Meter: 204
 
760 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
So I heimdalled boot.img from the AOKP 31 build. Now I have FD02 kernel. Seems a little snappier.
Anyone know whether I can access the video camera fixes? I don't have any idea what files I need or if it's even possible. Tried pushing /system/lib/hw/* as well as /system/app/Camera.apk (wiped caches and rebooted) but it still fails.

Edit: Found /system/lib/libcamera_client.so and libcameraservice.so. Pushed, chmodded, wiped caches, rebooted. Still no go.

Looks like this needs to be (and has been maybe?) fixed in source. CNA / android_device_samsung_galaxys2

Wish I knew how to program. Le sigh.
Last edited by b1g.p0ppa; 10th April 2012 at 07:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to b1g.p0ppa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 07:16 AM   |  #1946  
gershee's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, Florida
Thanks Meter: 584
 
1,532 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g.p0ppa

So I heimdalled boot.img from the AOKP 31 build. Now I have FD02 kernel. Seems a little snappier.
Anyone know whether I can access the video camera fixes? I don't have any idea what files I need or if it's even possible. Tried pushing /system/lib/hw/* as well as /system/app/Camera.apk (wiped caches and rebooted) but it still fails.

Edit: Found /system/lib/libcamera_client.so and libcameraservice.so. Pushed, chmodded, wiped caches, rebooted. Still no go.

Looks like this needs to be (and has been maybe?) fixed in source. CNA / android_device_samsung_galaxys2

Wish I knew how to program. Le sigh.

I like where your heads at!
wish I could help..
neeeeeeed sleeeeeep....
10th April 2012, 07:21 AM   |  #1947  
T.C.P's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockton
Thanks Meter: 3,608
 
4,545 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
Donate to Me
More
I know I said next time u c Me here I would link u guys.. but wanted to chime in on the camera fix. Its all the stage fright libs. Omx libs omx folder, camera .so from hw folder and modded camera from cm9 that will fix the video camera and playback issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Last edited by T.C.P; 10th April 2012 at 07:25 AM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to T.C.P For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 07:31 AM   |  #1948  
b1g.p0ppa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roam
Thanks Meter: 204
 
760 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.P

I know I said next time u c Me here I would link u guys.. but wanted to chime in on the camera fix. Its all the stage fright libs. Omx libs omx folder, camera .so from hw folder and modded camera from cm9 that will fix the video camera and playback issues

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Wow, thanks Erick. Really appreciate that. I'm off to bed for more but will resume hacking first thing when I get to work in the morning

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
10th April 2012, 07:32 AM   |  #1949  
Wizard Knight's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Long Island, New York
Thanks Meter: 261
 
975 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g.p0ppa

So I heimdalled boot.img from the AOKP 31 build. Now I have FD02 kernel. Seems a little snappier.
Anyone know whether I can access the video camera fixes? I don't have any idea what files I need or if it's even possible. Tried pushing /system/lib/hw/* as well as /system/app/Camera.apk (wiped caches and rebooted) but it still fails.

Edit: Found /system/lib/libcamera_client.so and libcameraservice.so. Pushed, chmodded, wiped caches, rebooted. Still no go.

Looks like this needs to be (and has been maybe?) fixed in source. CNA / android_device_samsung_galaxys2

Wish I knew how to program. Le sigh.

If you honestly want to learn programming, as I'm trying to as well...

Friend of mine said learn Python first because of its ease then from there move on to Java then pick your destiny. He pointed me to a great open source textbook for python which is linked at bottom of post... if you have any questions, pm me and I'll help any way I can

Sorry for the off-topic, just thought a few starters might find this helpful.

http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/p...h2e/index.html

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
The Following User Says Thank You to Wizard Knight For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #1950  
b1g.p0ppa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Roam
Thanks Meter: 204
 
760 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1g.p0ppa

Wow, thanks Erick. Really appreciate that. I'm off to bed for more but will resume hacking first thing when I get to work in the morning

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yeah, right! So close having pushed everything except the *stagefright* and omx stuff. Doing that right now.

EDIT: /system/lib/libmediaservice.so was missing too so the ui wouldn't load. Slight pucker moment but the phone was responding to adb just fine so I pushed it and lo and behold the ui loaded without even having to reboot.
Video camera still failing, but I'm closer I think! Using all these files from the AOKP 31 zip.

Still failing. Pushed a bunch of stuff from the AOKP ROM but /system/bin/mediaserver (yes, I pushed that too) keeps dying. It's late, I'm gonna sleep on it.

This immediately precedes the stack trace:
Quote:

E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.TI.DUCATI1.VIDEO.MPEG4E'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.qcom.7x30.video.encoder.mpeg4'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.qcom.video.encoder.mpeg4'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.TI.Video.encoder'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.Nvidia.mp4.encoder'
E/OMXCodec( 3625): Attempting to allocate OMX node 'OMX.SEC.MPEG4.Encoder'
I/M4vH263Encoder( 3625): Construct software M4vH263Encoder
E/M4vH263Encoder( 3625): Color format 2130706434 is not supported
F/libc ( 3625): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000010 (code=1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Knight

If you honestly want to learn programming, as I'm trying to as well...

Friend of mine said learn Python first because of its ease then from there move on to Java then pick your destiny. He pointed me to a great open source textbook for python which is linked at bottom of post... if you have any questions, pm me and I'll help any way I can

Sorry for the off-topic, just thought a few starters might find this helpful.

http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/p...h2e/index.html

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

Thanks man. I honestly would like to program but I'm not sure how cut out for it I am. Been a Unix admin for like 20 years and yeah, I can hack already written stuff, but writing--and worse, debugging--new stuff conflicts with my ADD real bad. But who knows, I've been meaning to look into python. More and more stuff is being written in it. Thanks for the recommendation.
Last edited by b1g.p0ppa; 10th April 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes