Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,477 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Chrome on Android

Tip us?

leonironchef
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default Chrome on Android

I'm an idiot...I've been using Chrome since it came out...I just realized when you have multiple tabs, you can quickly go from one to another by swiping on the edge of the screen....I was always clicking on the dots and then changing tabs...grrr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

DeeMat11
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I cannot wait until I get ICS or get Chrome on GB. Desktop-wise, I have been a Chrome user for a while now.

ManicIce
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default chrome to phone

Using chrome to phone addon is a quick way to get links and other stuff to your phone from your computer

Stadsport
Old
Thanks Meter 40
I like Chrome a lot, I just prefer the appearance of the stock ICS browser, with the full-screen and thumb controls and stuff (which admittedly would be tricky to implement into Chrome with the tab switching, which I also really like). Chrome also has MUCH better tap-to-zoom and text entry than the stock ICS Browser.

But is it just me, or does Chrome seem like a bit of a battery hog?
mako - T-Mobile

gchild320
Old
Thanks Meter 1330

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadsport View Post
I like Chrome a lot, I just prefer the appearance of the stock ICS browser, with the full-screen and thumb controls and stuff (which admittedly would be tricky to implement into Chrome with the tab switching, which I also really like). Chrome also has MUCH better tap-to-zoom and text entry than the stock ICS Browser.

But is it just me, or does Chrome seem like a bit of a battery hog?
Agreed - stock ICS wins for me at the moment. Using Chrome on my desktop, though. Seems to be very slim on the desktop.

h.motawee
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Yea can't wait for a chrome version on GB .. I have been a chrome user on desktop since its first appearal and have tried it on an ICS rom and its amazingggg

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
If you like this Post .. hit the thanks button

Follow me on twitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Previous:
Phone: Desire Z
HBoot: 0.85.0005
Radio: 12.28b.60.140eP_26.03.02.24_M
Recovery: 4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.4 RC3
Rom: Android Revolution HD 7.0.2
Kernel: RCMix v12.2

Current:
Phone: One X
All Stock

icenight89
Old
Thanks Meter 718

DONATE TO ME
meh, rendering is only so so

bworley50
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I installed Chrome on my Galaxy Nexus, but it has no flash. I understand the pros and cons of flash, but in my opinion until flash is no longer used, there is no reason to leave it out of the browser. Why hasn't Google rid themselves of flash on the PC?

utsmaster18
Old
Thanks Meter 40
The sync to the desktop is really useful though. No need to add bookmarks etc everything is just way that it is on computer.

It's my go to browser over opera and stock
Nexus

BzArEx
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Sync is vital to me. I was shocked when I realised that standard Android browser didn't support Chrome bookmarks sync. Like it was on iPhone OS 3 back then. Now I'm angry because Android Chrome is ICS exlusive.