Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Chrome on Android

21st March 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

136 posts
I'm an idiot...I've been using Chrome since it came out...I just realized when you have multiple tabs, you can quickly go from one to another by swiping on the edge of the screen....I was always clicking on the dots and then changing tabs...grrr

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
21st March 2012, 04:05 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
More
I cannot wait until I get ICS or get Chrome on GB. Desktop-wise, I have been a Chrome user for a while now.
21st March 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag SorÝ
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
chrome to phone
Using chrome to phone addon is a quick way to get links and other stuff to your phone from your computer
21st March 2012, 11:33 AM   |  #4  
Flag Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Meter: 40

274 posts
More
I like Chrome a lot, I just prefer the appearance of the stock ICS browser, with the full-screen and thumb controls and stuff (which admittedly would be tricky to implement into Chrome with the tab switching, which I also really like). Chrome also has MUCH better tap-to-zoom and text entry than the stock ICS Browser.

But is it just me, or does Chrome seem like a bit of a battery hog?
21st March 2012, 02:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag Terre Haute
Thanks Meter: 1,330

1,155 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stadsport

I like Chrome a lot, I just prefer the appearance of the stock ICS browser, with the full-screen and thumb controls and stuff (which admittedly would be tricky to implement into Chrome with the tab switching, which I also really like). Chrome also has MUCH better tap-to-zoom and text entry than the stock ICS Browser.

But is it just me, or does Chrome seem like a bit of a battery hog?

Agreed - stock ICS wins for me at the moment. Using Chrome on my desktop, though. Seems to be very slim on the desktop.
21st March 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #6  
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 37

55 posts
More
Yea can't wait for a chrome version on GB .. I have been a chrome user on desktop since its first appearal and have tried it on an ICS rom and its amazingggg

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
21st March 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 718

2,602 posts
Donate to Me
More
meh, rendering is only so so
23rd March 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #8  
Flag Baton Rouge
Thanks Meter: 8

84 posts
More
I installed Chrome on my Galaxy Nexus, but it has no flash. I understand the pros and cons of flash, but in my opinion until flash is no longer used, there is no reason to leave it out of the browser. Why hasn't Google rid themselves of flash on the PC?
23rd March 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 40

446 posts
More
The sync to the desktop is really useful though. No need to add bookmarks etc everything is just way that it is on computer.

It's my go to browser over opera and stock
23rd March 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #10  
Flag Rzeszow
Thanks Meter: 77

300 posts
More
Sync is vital to me. I was shocked when I realised that standard Android browser didn't support Chrome bookmarks sync. Like it was on iPhone OS 3 back then. Now I'm angry because Android Chrome is ICS exlusive.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread