OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 1,388

802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisw0204

I don't know if this has been mentioned before and if it has my apologies. I've read all 30 pages and if it was mentioned I must have missed it. In any case, my question is regarding Tango and Instagram on MikG. I've noticed that anytime I use these apps the front facing camera is upside down. The FFC is fine when taking regular pics but if you use either of those apps it turns upside down. I've tried Classic( SBC and Non) and Underworld( SBC and Non). Heck I even tried Lionfish all with the same results. I love the battery life of Classic and it plays well with my phone. Anybody on MikG experience this?

Which version if mikg? Which kernel version are you using?
23rd April 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #302  
Thanks Meter: 584

1,266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ne

Which version if mikg? Which kernel version are you using?

Sorry about that Ca1ne. I'm using MikG 3.11 and Classic kernel SBC 1.3. Like I said the regular FFC in the camera app, whch is most important to me, works fine but it's just the Tango and Instagram apps. I tried wiping cache and Dalvik, uninstalling/reinstalling both Tango and Instagram and still the same thing.
23rd April 2012, 03:36 PM   |  #303  
Flag East Coast

802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry about that Ca1ne. I'm using MikG 3.11 and Classic kernel SBC 1.3. Like I said the regular FFC in the camera app, whch is most important to me, works fine but it's just the Tango and Instagram apps. I tried wiping cache and Dalvik, uninstalling/reinstalling both Tango and Instagram and still the same thing.

it works ok with the stock kernel right? I'm wondering if the app makers are seeing the old kernel version number and applying a fix..undue since I don't gave either app.. Did you apply any lib fixes?
23rd April 2012, 04:14 PM   |  #304  

1,266 posts
More
It was fine with the stock kernel and no all I did was flash and use. I didn't do anything to any files. It's cool Ca1ne. I don't use those apps very often anyways. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issues. The kernel still rocks nonetheless.
23rd April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #305  
Flag East Coast

802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

It was fine with the stock kernel and no all I did was flash and use. I didn't do anything to any files. It's cool Ca1ne. I don't use those apps very often anyways. I was just wondering if anyone else had the same issues. The kernel still rocks nonetheless.

I guess it works on some of the apps but not all of them.. For a definitive fix, I still need the updated source... All I did was hack together some changes that fixed it for some of the programs I guess... Is there an option to flip/mirror the camera in those programs?
23rd April 2012, 10:03 PM   |  #306  
Flag Adrian, MI
Thanks Meter: 136

491 posts
More
Quote:

I don't know if this has been mentioned before and if it has my apologies. I've read all 30 pages and if it was mentioned I must have missed it. In any case, my question is regarding Tango and Instagram on MikG. I've noticed that anytime I use these apps the front facing camera is upside down. The FFC is fine when taking regular pics but if you use either of those apps it turns upside down. I've tried Classic( SBC and Non) and Underworld( SBC and Non). Heck I even tried Lionfish all with the same results. I love the battery life of Classic and it plays well with my phone. Anybody on MikG experience this?

Edit: I found out if you aren't on the stock kernel on 4.67 weird things can happen with the FFC. It's all good though. Great work on this kernel Ca1ne.

For me, when I try the FFC in Instagram, the image is sideways and squished.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA
24th April 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #307  

1,266 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1ne

I guess it works on some of the apps but not all of them.. For a definitive fix, I still need the updated source... All I did was hack together some changes that fixed it for some of the programs I guess... Is there an option to flip/mirror the camera in those programs?

No there is no option to flip the camera in Tango. I kinda figured since the source wasn't released yet that some of the FFC issues would still be there. I've since nandroided back to Shooter and am using Classic 1.3. That is based on 4.54 so its all good. Thanks again Ca1ne
2nd May 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #308  
Flag Omaha,Ne
Thanks Meter: 22

99 posts
More
Great work ca1ne
4th May 2012, 02:11 PM   |  #309  
Flag michigan, detroit
Thanks Meter: 450

1,421 posts
More
Having an issue with wifi after a bit it freezes it wont turn off i have to reboot to get it to turn off, thx for the kernel the battery life is pretty amazing.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
6th May 2012, 03:01 PM   |  #310  
Thanks Meter: 45

492 posts
I know this Rom is for GB but what if i install in on the old warm z twopointtwo ? Which is froyo.. I did it last night and so far so good but what kind of issues can I expect ?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kernel sense classic evo 4g
Previous Thread Next Thread