5,593,458 Members 36,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][WIP] MIUI-ish *Lots more to do*

Tip us?

spc_hicks09
Old
(Last edited by spc_hicks09; 21st March 2012 at 09:49 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1378
Default [ROM][WIP] MIUI-ish *Lots more to do*

MIUI-ish

Hey everyone!! Trying my hand at making a ROM again. Keep in mind that I haven't done this for about 2 years haha. Hope you guys like what you see so far. I have only been working on this for the last 3 days. I'm going to be honest, my main reason for making this is because I'm tired of seeing people complain. I actually almost felt guilty and thinking I haven't contributed enough to this community yet so this is what I came up with. Just so everyone knows, this ROM is going to take a while still to complete and it will NEVER be an actual MIUI Build. This ROM will also never get released unless it get's the "go ahead" from mtmichaelson. I will explain why below.

What is MIUI-ish?

MIUI-ish will be a nearly COMPLETE overhaul of Gingervolt v2.0. There will be a lot of themeing done and a lot of apk replacements to try to get this ROM as close to MIUI as possible! Sometime soon, I will also be looking for testers. If you are chosen to test, MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE TESTING! Keep in mind, this is not just simply a theme, this is taking a ROM and completely overhauling it and changing virtually everything except maybe some of the apks, and the kernel. I'm attaching some screenshots of what it SHOULD look like when completed. I look forward to releasing this as soon as possible for you guys. Once Mt gives me the ok, I will start on it again.

Team Rage is Recruiting!! Send me a PM if you are interested!
Current Device: Galaxy S4 (SCH-I545)
VZW Note 2 Developer
Sprint Note 2 Developer
Samsung Galaxy SIII Developer
Samsung Galaxy S4 Developer

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to spc_hicks09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spc_hicks09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1378
reserved for updates
VZW Note 2 Developer
Sprint Note 2 Developer

spc_hicks09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1378
reserved for changelog
VZW Note 2 Developer
Sprint Note 2 Developer

yankneck696
Old
Thanks Meter 5
It would be great if you could add the "CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TCPMSS" in the Check /proc/config.gz part of the kernel for more consistent MSS clamping on WIFI tether as per this forum http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...detail?id=1368

I had to lower the MTU to a final 1410 on my W7 laptop & W7 tower to get consistent connections.

Thank you for all you do for the community,

Ed

Cal8192
Old
Thanks Meter 8
How does one become a test mule?? If you say IRC, I will say dammit. I'm on overnights through July and won't be around when "normal" people are!

indyred99
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Nice looking forward to see what you got!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

kcarden
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankneck696 View Post
It would be great if you could add the "CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TCPMSS" in the Check /proc/config.gz part of the kernel for more consistent MSS clamping on WIFI tether as per this forum http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...detail?id=1368

I had to lower the MTU to a final 1410 on my W7 laptop & W7 tower to get consistent connections.

Ed
And I'm not sure if they got it to compile or not for us, but the Swype remove notification, and have you been able to pull apart the update yet? Some goodies lie within :)

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA

mtmichaelson
Old
Thanks Meter 1119

DONATE TO ME
It is all good brotha! If you need anything just let me know!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mtmichaelson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spc_hicks09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankneck696 View Post

Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarden View Post
And I'm not sure if they got it to compile or not for us, but the Swype remove notification, and have you been able to pull apart the update yet? Some goodies lie within :)

Not making any promises, never messed with a kernel before and really didn't want to take apart mt's hard work. I'll see what I can do though.

Sent from my AXI0M ICS RAZR using tapatalk.
VZW Note 2 Developer
Sprint Note 2 Developer

kcarden
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09 View Post
Not making any promises, never messed with a kernel before and really didn't want to take apart mt's hard work. I'll see what I can do though.

Sent from my AXI0M ICS RAZR using tapatalk.
It'd be nice to have at least the restart and browser fix... Or even just the restart... I think i read somewhere they blamed it on the 4g radio so I'm assuming they updated the baseband