5,596,354 Members 38,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which of the Android upgrades is a more significant milestone?

Tip us?

ROMFlasherAce
Old
(Last edited by ROMFlasherAce; 21st March 2012 at 10:14 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Default Which of the Android upgrades is a more significant milestone?

Which of the Android upgrades is the most significant milestone, in ur opinion??

1.0 to 1.5
1.5 to 1.6
1.6 to 2.1
2.1 to 2.2
2.2 to 2.3
2.3 to 4.0

Personally I think that 2.1 to 2.2 is more significant, huge speed increase and supports for many other things such as Flash, what do u think??

Sent from my GT-S5830 using XDA App

mpkossen
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'd have to say 2.3 to 4.0. Android has really "grown up" during that period and it finally shows an actual red line for the future of Android.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

ROMFlasherAce
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 59
Yes ur right, but i still think that 2.1 to 2.2 is a huge step in the development history, even greater than 2.3 to 4.0 as 2.2 featured something that iPhone cannot match, and it is the first time for that

Livewings
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 341

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROMFlasherAce View Post
Which of the Android upgrades is the most significant milestone, in ur opinion??

1.0 to 1.5
1.5 to 1.6
1.6 to 2.1
2.1 to 2.2
2.2 to 2.3
2.3 to 4.0

Personally I think that 2.1 to 2.2 is more significant, huge speed increase and supports for many other things such as Flash, what do u think??

1.6 to 2.1.
When Android became bearable.

korny647
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I think definitely 2.3- 4.0.
Because 4.0 is going to be the tip of the iceberg to what could be coming in 4.X.X.

Sent from my G2X.
Rocking stock CM 7.2.0-RC1

tyler79durdan
Old
Thanks Meter 378

DONATE TO ME
Major changes in architecture in 4.0. Game changer!
i717 IceCream Sandwich 4.0.4
UCLF6 BASE & FJMod
Not for just anyone

molesarecoming
Old
(Last edited by molesarecoming; 21st March 2012 at 02:59 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27245

DONATE TO ME
pre-4.0 android for me was something that i would use but not care too much about, it carried out its mule-job on my phone and no more. disliked its stitchy-patchy implementation and amateurish design. it sure had all the features that ics has, but it was carelessly stuffed into the phone, disregarding its specifics. then ics came and they've made it with so much love for detail, it was tailor fit to run on my phone, it almost hovered above the amoled screen it was conceived for. the patchyness was gone, whereever i went it felt like one cast, the design was thought-through, minimalistic, elegant and sleek. that's when i started to care about android. as always, the sum is more than it's parts. even bada has features but to bring it all together, hardware, software, modern design, usability - it's an achievement for sure. ---only thing that sucks, it was ignored by the manufacturers. they either skipped it or destroyed it by disfiguration.

ROFLkopter
Old
Thanks Meter 454
My first Android phone ran Eclair. It was not what I expected it to be because I'd heard brilliant things about it. Updated it to Froyo as soon as I could and found it much better. I'm running Gingerbread at minute, but think 2.1 to 2.2 is the biggest milestone so far. My mind will probably change when I have an ICS phone though...

Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA
Paranoid Android 3+
franco.Kernel
Google Nexus 4

Samsung Galaxy Europa Samsung Galaxy Mini > Samsung Galaxy Y > HTC Explorer > Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY > Sony Xperia Miro > Samsung Galaxy SIII Mini > Samsung Galaxy SIII > LG Google Nexus 4

sergeant_bob
Old
Thanks Meter 1
My first android was a 1.5 so, then the step to 2.1 was big. but the change to 4.0 now with updates is even bigger. And i like it even more, its just great !

asb123
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewings View Post
1.6 to 2.1.
When Android became bearable.
Totally this.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), most people on here did not have to deal with 1.6

2.1 (or 2.0) was when android started to look somewhat presentable.
Current Devices:
Sony ZL<---->Nexus 5<---->Sony SP<---->32GB HP Touchpad<---->32GB Nexus 10<---->Galaxy Nexus<---->iPad mini

Retired Granddaddy:
HTC Dream (G1)