cayniarb, Rapmv78, rmcc, shaky156 & texasice/drewis and more.
Also to the CyanogenMod team whose source this ROM is based on.
Any donations should go to the people on this list.
Also thanks to
Meaple and xxsashixx for hosting download mirrors
BigWhoop for lending me time on a much faster compile server
If your phone boots fine the first time after flashing the ROM, but get stuck on boot after the first reboot. Remove battery or press "Vol-down+trackpad+power" and hard-reboot the phone. After this it should work just fine.
Stable Video Recorder (The correct hack works, but needs a bit of work)
The CM9 source is still under development. Some things will be missing, and others might at times be unstable. Do not post questions about missing CM stuff or empty settings placeholders. And remember that this ROM, like the source it's based on, is not a final release.
This is how you do a proper report on a problem. Do not go to the thread and write "My phone does not work". It is useless information that can be used for absolutely nothing other than for us to respond "To bad".
Instead you should provide proper information about what your issue is about, how/when it happened and possibly provide a logcat and/or partition/mount information when this seams needed.
We do not have access to your device, we cannot see what you see, so without proper information we have no way of knowing or finding out what caused your problem. Only you have the possibility of accessing the necessary information.
Device seams ded. It does not wake when pressing the buttons?
Go to Settings->Performance->Processor and change Governor to SmartassV2
Certain apps does not show in app drawer?
Go to app settings, locate your missing app, force close, delete data/cache and reboot.
Type "fix_permissions" and reboot.
Some google apps gives permission problems?
Look for a notification about granting permission, grant this and restart the app. Some times 2 or 3 restarts are needed.
Market download problems?
Open app settings. Go to Market, force close, clear data/cache, reboot to recovery, clear dalvik-cache.
Market payment problems?
Delete your credit card information for your google account and re-add them.
This ROM needs at least 180mb on the /system partition. You can use BlackRose to re-partition your internal nand
Do not restore app data from old Gingerbread backups (APK's are OK but not the app related data)
Titanium backup can produce problems when used to restore apps. Make sure that this is not the case before writing bug reports
Do NOT setup your sdcard (Fat32) partition using CWM Recovery. This will produce a lot of different problems along the way do to a bug in the recovery. Use 4EXT Recovery instead
The sd-ext partition should be no more than max 1.5GB in size. More than this can produce issues
This is a highly costimizeable script that is made to work with any type of device with any type of ROM. It comes with both shell controlls and a GUI Settings menu with the native settings of this ROM
You can use the commad "m2sd <command> <value>" to alter configurations from the shell. Use "m2sd help" to get all available options.
The GUI Settings menu can be located at Settings->Performance->Mounts2SD
If you flash another kernel, do not flash an entire boot.img but only zImage. Otherwise you will break Wifi among other things as this ROM is build with custom modifications to the dhcpcd control which is build-in to the ramdisk.
KSM Memory Management
Do to heavy memory load with OpenGL support, it is recommended to activate KSM to reduce the memory usage and avoid problems like random reboots.
This is done by going to "Settings"->"Performance"->"Memory Management" and check "Kernel samepage merging"
You can also activate zRam if you still encounter low RAM issues
You will also need to flash the old ril libs after flashing the ROM. Otherwise you might get mobile connection problems. After downloading the ril patch above, click the button to get access to the ROM download.
* Removed some apps added by a mistake (Double notifications among others)
* Rebuild Search Key recent apps function (Reports that the search action was still being activated)
* Added Screen Off CPU settings in Performance->Processor
* Added fresh old RIL's from the old BCM Legacy vendor repo (The once we have always used)
* Fixed Aroma so that it no longer cleans out the (data/sd-ext)/app directory during install
* Fixed mic issue on third party applications
* Fixed Aroma so that the right kernels are now installed
* Fixed market reboot issue (Permission fix)
* Updated CM9
* Updated Media Profiles
* Updated GSM APN's
* Updated BCM Kernel (Upstream/Evervolv)
* Updated WPA Supplicant (Upstream/Evervolv)
* Updated QCom Media Hardware files (Upstream/Evervolv)
* Updated Mounts2SD (Note that logs and properties is now stored in /data/m2sd/)
* Updated Browsers, Launchers, Gapps etc
* Added fix to the BCM Kernel for Class 10 MicroSD Cards having problems initiating during boot
* Added permission fix for market download/install issues (Needs testing)
* Added CM Dummy Function to BCM Kernel which should fix issues with newer RIL Libraries
* Added PDroid ICS Patch v1.32 to the source
* Added PDroid App (To be sure to have a version compatible with the patch)
* Added EAP-AKA and EAP-SIM Support (Needs testing)
* Enabled WiFi Channel 14
* Reverted RIL Libs back to the working old once
* Changed powersave governor to Interactive in the screenstate scalling script. Should provide better screen off performance while providing better deep sleep power save and still keep the phone from dieing
* Fixed Cam Recorder while using the fix from Rapmv78
* Optimized build.prop to fix issues with some cariers when switching between WiFi and Data
* Cleanedup /system/etc/init.d/05hostname
* Removed old search app
* Other small updates and fixes
* Added default governor control to startup (No more USERSPACE on first boot)
* Added gps library from CM7
* Added newer HTC RIL libraries
* Fixed CDMA GPS issue
* Fixed broken AGPS Patch
* Fixed MMS (Thanks to @kszaq for finding the build.prop issue)
* Removed Setup Wizard from the Aroma options (To many problems)
* Added most of the init.d scripts to the selections in Aroma
* Added DSPManager as option in Aroma
* Added SetupWizard/Initializer to Aroma (Not everone likes this)
* Added fix to make sure that busybox is NOT replaced by non-working market versions
* Added BCM Boot Annimation (By @EverSonny)
* Removed the log disabling part from the Tweaks init.d script and placed it in a seperate script
* Updated Mounts2SD (Now uses data or sd-ext for cache and tmpfs as fallback)
* Updated AOSP to 4.0.4_r2.1
* Updated CM9
* Updated Drewis's hardware libs (Much better UI responses)
* Updated Chrome Browser from market
* Enabled WiFi Channels 12 and 13
* Fixed Beats Audio
* Fixed DSPManager
* Fixed the cache script to handle market issues when de-selecting M2SD
* Fixed music playback issues with the screenstate scaling script
* Fixed UMS to only mount the Fat32 partition
* Fixed USB Tethering (No hacks)
Note: Both Beats audio and DSPManager needs players that uses their API's in order to have any affect
* Updated CM9
* Updated Mounts2SD (Cache fixes mostly)
* Updated the Enanched init.d system (Added onservice)
* Added Governor Screen State script to force CPU into Powersafe while in sleep mode
* Replaced CM Music Player with Apollo Music Player
* Rebuild Aroma to better integrade and fix 'kernel only' installation
* Fixed ramdisk which provided 'stock in boot' issues
* Fixed M2SD Aroma settings so that it now sets readahead and file system type during install
* Fixed M2SD directory permissions which some times broke the M2SD UI
* Fixed init.d on S-On devices
* Fixed the threshold init.d script to fix market issues
* Updated Mounts2SD (Enhancements and small fixes)
* Added option to only flash a selected kernel in Aroma (Will not affect the update option)
* Rewrote /system/bin/sysinit and it's init.rc parts
* Removed Solid Explorer
* Updated APN Lists
* Updated CM9
* Updated all additional apps and mods
* Updated Gapps
* Updated some gfx libs from @Drewis
* Fixed additional apps not showing in app drawer
* Fixed CM menubar settings so that they work with our option to show/hide the menubar
* Resized the software menubar (A little bigger now)
* Added Solid Explorer to the additional apps (Great file manager by @glodos)
* Added system rw/ro command shortcuts sysrw/sysro
* Added new kernel by @shaky156
* Fixed issue with Mms.apk
* Converted /system/etc/init.d/90threshold into an extended init.d script to avoid the need for a reboot for the script to take affect
* Updated CM9
* Updated Evervolv hardware files
* Updated BCM Kernel by @Drewis
* Added ZipAlign and Tweak init.d scripts
* Added Enhanced Init.d system
* Added US Cellular to framework/eri.xml
* Added CM9 Boot Animation
* Reverted latest changes to Mms.apk
* Fixed market download issue (Maybe)
* Fixed remaining space on /system after install
* Added new updated Adreno libs (Added to the kernel option in Aroma)
* Added new default kernel (Forked from Drewis) to be used with the new Adreno libs
* Fixed M2SD GUI Settings
* Fixed M2SD Wifi issue when enabling r-mount after full wipe
* Fixed Aroma. It now installes additional apps when selecting default install
* Removed drewis kernel since the default is now based on the same source
* Changed values for SmsToMms for the Mms.apk
Processor Settings does of course again as the kernel source was changed
* Updated CM9
* Updated AOSP Revision
* Updated Launchers
* Updated Additional Apps
* Updated Drewis Kernel (GSM devices only)
* Added inline build kernel by worstenbrood
* Added Theme Chooser
* Added full camera support (Aroma option)
* Fixed APN issues with Bravo CDMA (Not tested)
* Fixed a lot of stability bugs in M2SD
* Fixed Automatic light levels
* Other fixes/changes (Can't remember all)
* Updated some device specific System Apps/Framework files
* Some small Aroma changes
* Updated CM9
* Updated Google Play
* Updated Terminal Emulator
* Updated YouTube
* Updated Gmail
* Updated Chrome
* Rebuild the Aroma Script
* Added fix to Updater Script to handle cases where /system is not properly formated
* Added temp solution for wifi not turning on issue
* Added UpdateME which will help keep track of ROM updates
* Enabled Dock Settings
* Enabled Legacy Touch Screen
* Changed the handling of additional apps in Aroma to take into consideration maually installed/updated apps
* Changed the way the installer handles the update option in Aroma
* Fixed Desire CDMA boot.img
* Fixed DNS issue with EAP networks (Thanks to Zephrem for pointing out the issue)
* Fixed the hosts init.d script
* Fixed where additional apps does not show in app drawer
* Fixed some kernel related issues in the installer
This issue mostly affects Passion devices.
If you already have an RC3.2U1 that boots successfully, then this is not needed.
This also fixes Wifi issues with Drewis's kernel
* Fixed Lockscreen Rotation Toggle (Checkbox always checked)
* Added toggle for Search Key accesses Recent Apps List ('Settings'->'System')
* Added Drewis Kernel to Aroma (Bravo GSM and Passion only)
* ADB is now started before init.d and boot.d during boot
* Added HeadsetIcon app when selecting BeatsAudio
* Changed the hight of the software navigation bar to make room for keyboard on small screens
* Updated Apps/Launchers
* Updated CM9 Parts
* Updated Mounts2SD (Lot's of fixes)
* Updated Camera Hal (Barcode Scanner might work now)
* Added Recent Apps List to Search button
* Added BeatsAudio to Aroma
* Fixed Desire (CDMA) revert GSM settings on reboot issue?
* Added Mounts2SD controlls in Performance settings (Settings->Performance)
* Removed warning message from Performance settings
* Updated Mounts2SD
* Updated to latest CM9
* Updated Drewis's QCom libs (Rotation 270° now works)
* Enabled Tourch in Notification power settings
* Fixed default check values for Trackball wake and Lockscreen rotation toggles
* Changed lowest auto brightness value from 35 to 45
* Added toggle in settings for Trackball wake (Settings->Display)
* Added toggle in settings for Lockscreen rotation (Settings->Display->Rotation)
* Added toggle in settings for Software buttons (Settings->Display)
* Upgraded AOSP 4.0.4
* Updated CM9
* Updated Launchers
* Updated Gapps
* Updated Browsers
* Updated Mounts2SD
* Fixed light values on hardware buttons
* Added Camera fix by Drewis
* Added Multitouch fix by Thoemy
* Changed dalvik settings to fix boot stuck issue (Heap debug errors)
* Updated Mounts2SD to fix boot stuch issue not caused by dalvik
* Changed default.prop values to remove red border issue
* Added FOTAkill app to fix battery drain issue
* Fixed applications not shown in app drawer issue
* KSM is now enabled by default on boot (Will change it to CM defaults later)
* Fixed mic issue on Passion devices
* Fixed hosts control script so that it does not reset /etc/hosts on reboot
* Fixed problem with small hboot running out of space during install
* Updated M2SD with cache fix and additional cache options
* Added fix for the market issue 'Not enough space'
Over the last couple of days I have received a lot of credits for this ROM, which is great and makes the time and effort worth it. However it would be very wrong to except these alone as I am not doing this all by my self. Credits should also go to every developer modding and fixing stock source. The CM team for their great work in making the Android Framework what Google should have done a long time ago. Kernel developers trying to back-port drivers that vendors refuse to deliver. Devs porting hacks for camera, UMS and more. But also people contributing in any other way that they can, like providing mirrors for the ROM's, spending time flashing unstable products to provide helpful bug reporting and a lot more. To put it simple, any type of contribution. Without this type of community, custom ROM's would not be worth the time it takes to download. No single person can do all of this by them self.
Since there has been no changes on status of an up-to-date CM9 ROM for Nexus One for quite some time, I thought I would bring BCM over here. I think that's the leas the Bravo community can do for the N1 community since most of the Bravo driver/kernel work is done by the good dev's here
I don't have an N1 my self, so I can't test it. But the ROM works great on bravo, and the N1 parts if taken from the Evervolv repo, so I see no reason why it whould not work here to.
this rom seems to be untouched from bravo, it isn't ported to the nexus...trackball, lights are just a few things i think that wont be working properly as is...
Have you tested it?
I build both, did md5sum checks and diff checks on every file. Then I added the files that differs in separate folders which is included depended on the device it's being installed from. So no, there is a difference in some of the libs, modules, idc, keylayouts, /etc files, kernel, ramdisk etc.
It is a 3-in-one installer. Bravo GSM, Bravo CDMA and Nexus One in one zip.
Originally Posted by drive2droad
Please provide some info regarding the following :
1.Whether this ROM requires extended partition via Blackrose or not ?
2.What works & what doesn't ?
Thats pretty much it & a huge thanks for bringing this ROM for our nexus one .
Have no idea about hboot's for N1. You need at least 180mb on your /system partition as mentioned in the main thread.
Originally Posted by fuske
Installs fine! Great installer btw, i'd never seen this one before!
Just yesterday, we talked about how the Google Chromecast just got a … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?