Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,971 Members 44,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How's your battery life with new firmware?
Better 29 34.12%
About the same 28 32.94%
Worse 28 32.94%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

[Q] Poll on battery life with new RUU...

Tip us?

graymonkey44
Old
(Last edited by graymonkey44; 29th March 2012 at 06:10 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360

DONATE TO ME
Default [Q] Poll on battery life with new RUU...

I'm just curious to see how everyone's doing with battery life on the new software leak. Lately I've been getting HORRIBLE battery life. For the past 2 days, I've only gotten 4-5 hours with moderate to heavy usage. This was worse than what I was getting with ICS ROMS before the leak. The reason I update to the new firmware is because I heard people were getting exceptional battery life off just the stock battery.

I think the reason may be I haven't completely charged it because it was stuck at 99% for like an hour before I took it off the charger. I finally just let it charge all night and I will see how it goes today. I'm curious to see how everyone else is doing with battery life.

Also, if you could, state which ROM you're using and possibly what things you turn on/off to help/hinder battery life.

I'm running BAMF v1.1.1, my screen's on auto-brightness, I only sync my gmail account and weather, 90% of the time I use Wi-Fi, no GPS or BT on at all. I also have Juice defender on as well.

Edit: Well actually I just checked my phone and after about an hour and 50 minutes, my phone was down to 91%. about an hour and a half of that was streaming pandora on wi-fi. Maybe I just never had it charged completely. Screen on time was only about 20 minutes, though. I think that's pretty solid battery life. I guess I'll see how today rolls out.

Oh and also if you could state which battery you're using. I have the 3.7 V.

Edit: Since making this thread, my battery life has gotten considerably better. It idles just fine, now. I think there might have been something wrong with the screen off profile which was causing my battery life to be so horrible.

I would suggest using Scott's CleanWipe 5x when switch ROM's. I don't know why and it may seems a little unnecessary, but I'm getting a lot better battery life after using that and upgrading to BAMF v1.2 from CleanROM 4.1. Also, I turned off automatic brightness to 30% which I think has made a pretty good difference. The screen is a huge battery killer. I played Temple Run for like 20 minutes and the battery went down from 98%-77%. But I can get a 9% battery drop from sleeping for 9 hours with the phone completely idol.

It looks like 1/3 of the people are getting worse battery while 2/3 are getting the same or better. If I could revote I would and say my battery life is better now. So anyone hesitating to flash the new RUU. I'd say go for it. The odds are still with you: 66.666667% vs. 33.333333% that you will still get equal or better battery life.

brewner
Old
Thanks Meter 22
mine is about the same.

Robert235
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm honestly felt like the battery improved last night i was streaming videos on youtube for an hour then was reading 4 chapters on a manga while using poweramp the battery when down from 63 to 55 percent.im using 3000mah, usually it would of been lower.
Im usind rezrom 3.1.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

joebrady119
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Mine is slightly better. Even on 4g all day at work.

Sent from my highly modified ICS Rezound.

OLDsJUNKIE
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Only installed the firmware last night. Will probably take a little bit to settle in but I've seen noticably better life today. I use my phone about the same every day so it's fairly easy to tell. About 4 hours of streaming with google music, on 4G the whole time. About 10 to 15 texts. Got gmail and weather synced. Played some words. Check facebook a couple times. Screen brightness between 30 and 40%. All haptic turned off. Five hours into the day and 65% battery left. On Nils business sense 3.1. 3.7V battery.

Eris - Sold
Incredible - Sold
Rezound - Unlocked, Rooted and sporting Amon Ra Recovery 3.15, Currently on Countershrike V2.3
Big fat S-OFF!!

Gtablet on FlashBack 10.3

aostl
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I'm on the new radio but on gingerbread and battery life is very significantly improved

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

jbh00jh
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Mine is about 30% better. My phone is completely stock with the leaked RUU.

Sent from my HTC 4G LTE Rezound
HTC ONE
HTC DNA
Galaxy Tab 10.1
Kindle Fire HD

andybones
Old
Thanks Meter 8868

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aostl View Post
I'm on the new radio but on gingerbread and battery life is very significantly improved

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium
Really??
this is cool news!
Team Ecliptic - Member/Co-Lead Developer

Motorola Droid > HTC Eris > HTC Incredible > HTC Incredible 2 > Galaxy Nexus > HTC Rezound > HTC Incredible 4G > Samsung Galaxy S3 > Samsung Galaxy S4 > HTC One M7 > HTC One M8

Buy me a beer.

emarietta
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert235 View Post
I'm honestly felt like the battery improved last night i was streaming videos on youtube for an hour then was reading 4 chapters on a manga while using poweramp the battery when down from 63 to 55 percent.im using 3000mah, usually it would of been lower.
Im usind rezrom 3.1.
Where did you fine a 3000 mah ?

Fiosonlinegaming
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Mine is about 30% better. My phone is completely stock with the leaked RUU.

Sent from my HTC 4G LTE Rezound
I noticed mine is about 25-30% better. Phone is rooted.