Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more
Thread Closed

Is it possible to run iPad apps for tablet enabled android phone

21st March 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
SealsNavie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
450 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
I have my Galaxy Note in tablet mode, I can use Android tablet apps, I was wondering if someone knows how I can somehow install Ipad tablet apps, thanks.
21st March 2012, 05:21 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 299
 
1,794 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by SealsNavie

I have my Galaxy Note in tablet mode, I can use Android tablet apps, I was wondering if someone knows how I can somehow install Ipad tablet apps, thanks.

It is not possible to run any IOS app in Android, the app will have to be ported or re-written for Android...
21st March 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #3  
icenight89's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 718
 
2,602 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveid

It is not possible to run any IOS app in Android, the app will have to be ported or re-written for Android...

so basically.... no
21st March 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Now way to do it.
Sorry. Android apps will run Android and iOS apps run on iOS. The developer has to add support for the application for it to be cross platform. Try contacting the developer of that app and asking him to port it- might just help
21st March 2012, 05:36 PM   |  #5  
SealsNavie's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
450 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by maurituna

Sorry. Android apps will run Android and iOS apps run on iOS. The developer has to add support for the application for it to be cross platform. Try contacting the developer of that app and asking him to port it- might just help

I only want to play Football Manager on my phone because only iphone and Ipad can play it, I doubt a big developer will listen to individuals.
21st March 2012, 05:37 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Flag Watertown, NY
Thanks Meter: 333
 
1,306 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
iOS is too closed of a platform to allow this, and even if somebody managed a hack that got iOS apps running on Android, Apple would not let it happen.
21st March 2012, 06:11 PM   |  #7  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,165
 
14,592 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Question answered thread closed

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android General by ThreadRank