Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,628 Members 41,544 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Unofficial][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for the Droid Incredible [6/04/12]

Tip us?

Shano56
Old
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprow507 View Post
Great news and thanks for putting this together! I flashed the preview release over the last release with no issues. Do you think I can do the same for this release or is a full wipe needed?
as usual, a flash over should work. Only wipe if you run into problems

Drk.hd, can this be considered "alpha 10" ? or was your previous "experimental" post not included, making this alpha 9? Also, what is the difference between this and that previous experimental build?
LG Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to Shano56 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drk.hd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprow507 View Post
Great news and thanks for putting this together! I flashed the preview release over the last release with no issues. Do you think I can do the same for this release or is a full wipe needed?
Unless I say otherwise, a full wipe is not needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shano56 View Post
as usual, a flash over should work. Only wipe if you run into problems

Drk.hd, can this be considered "alpha 10" ? or was your previous "experimental" post not included, making this alpha 9? Also, what is the difference between this and that previous experimental build?
I consider this build alpha 9, but I've actually gotten rid of any sort of numbering in the builds themselves, so consider it what you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to drk.hd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shano56
Old
Thanks Meter 548
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk.hd View Post
Unless I say otherwise, a full wipe is not needed.

I consider this build alpha 9, but I've actually gotten rid of any sort of numbering in the builds themselves, so consider it what you want.
sounds good

Quote:
consider it what you want.
hehe
LG Nexus 5

dbrits
Old
(Last edited by dbrits; 4th June 2012 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
New build is up! Get it while it's hot!
Like the preview release, only kernels built for the new drivers work. This limits you to Incredikernel HWA Beta 2 and mamarley's beta kernel, along with the stock kernel, of course.

Get it here!
And now I know what I'll be doing with my lunch hour. Thank you. :)

EDIT: I couldn't wait for my lunch hour. So far so good, but you can't base a judgement on five minuets of use. (Although my prior experience with this rom leads me to believe that I'll have no problems apart from the usual bugs.) Also, I named this one "alpha 9" and the previous release "a9 experimental." I needed a means to keep them organized on my laptop and SD card.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE

rick311
Old
Thanks Meter 9
this is strange, but i installed the new update and it brought my phone down to a crawl! i made sure i flashed the right kernel too. i'm going to have to figure this one out at home.

anyone else having issues?

dbrits
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick311 View Post
this is strange, but i installed the new update and it brought my phone down to a crawl! i made sure i flashed the right kernel too. i'm going to have to figure this one out at home.

anyone else having issues?
What's your min processor frequency? I was using the smartassv2 governor and I had the min frequency set to 128. When I installed the experimental release I experienced some issues with the phone lagging, but bumping the min speed to 256 helped.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA
HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE

rick311
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have it at 128 min on lagfree. maybe i will reflash tonight and use those settings to see what's up.

michelbites
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Wow this is strange but my phone seems to be really super fast with this version of the ROM what are the improvements that were made since RC0a?
Yea I'm a n00b...
Kernel: 3.4.84-cyanogenmod-g5447e5e
CWR: 6.0.4.7 Touch
Rooted With: ODIN

mamarley
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelbites View Post
Wow this is strange but my phone seems to be really super fast with this version of the ROM what are the improvements that were made since RC0a?
The GPU driver was upgraded. That makes the most difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to mamarley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rick311
Old
Thanks Meter 9
what is it going to take to get some netflix playback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelbites View Post
did you change your cpu speeds? wipe with fresh install, or just flash over?

Tags
cm9, ics, incredible, kang, rom