Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,951 Members 52,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Best Case for HD2

Tip us?

RedRobster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Best Case for HD2

Can anyone tell me what the best case would be for my HD2, besides an otterbox?

I have the US version of the phone which is longer than the European..
And I have searched everywhere, and I am pretty sure that I read that they stopped making otterboxes for these because everywhere is sold out (I can't even find any on Ebay or Amazon!).

I had my phone for a week and it fell out of my pocket onto my driveway and the screen cracked like a spider web.. So now I have to spend about $150 to get the screen replaced, and I am not willing to do so unless I can get a secure case for it..

Any suggestions?

Nigeldg
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRobster View Post
Can anyone tell me what the best case would be for my HD2, besides an otterbox?

I have the US version of the phone which is longer than the European..
And I have searched everywhere, and I am pretty sure that I read that they stopped making otterboxes for these because everywhere is sold out (I can't even find any on Ebay or Amazon!).

I had my phone for a week and it fell out of my pocket onto my driveway and the screen cracked like a spider web.. So now I have to spend about $150 to get the screen replaced, and I am not willing to do so unless I can get a secure case for it..

Any suggestions?
This should probably be in the 'HD2 Accessories' section, you'll get more info there I guess. I personally use the leather HTC pouch which came free with my phone, and it works extremely well! I've had the phone for a year and not a single scratch on it even though it's constantly in contact with my keys and stuff.
Primary device: Nexus 4 running Paranoidandroid
Ultimate Nexus 4 Root guide

Secondary device: HTC HD2 running NexusHD2 JB
How to be a new user, and not a noob - Some people REALLY need to read this!
How to flash an HD2 with NAND Android
A guide to all of the terms for the HD2
Android 4.2 keyboard and Camera!
The Following User Says Thank You to Nigeldg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jolas
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Piel Frama (http://www.pielframa.com/htc-touch-h...-tan-cases.htm)

I think it's the best!
The Following User Says Thank You to jolas For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RedRobster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Sorry, I didn't realize that there was a forum for HD2 accessories...

But those leather cases are more like pouches, right? As in, you still have to pull the phone out to use it, and its more of just a carrying case?

I am looking for something like an OtterBox, with maximum protection and is always on the phone

Nigeldg
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRobster View Post
Sorry, I didn't realize that there was a forum for HD2 accessories...

But those leather cases are more like pouches, right? As in, you still have to pull the phone out to use it, and its more of just a carrying case?

I am looking for something like an OtterBox, with maximum protection and is always on the phone
Oh right, yeah they are but I personally don't find it much trouble. I think there may be one which is more like the otterbox one as well (by HTC) so try it, the leather gives a nice high quality feeling

The Following User Says Thank You to Nigeldg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jedi Magnum
Old
Thanks Meter 1
The Otterbox Defender is a good case, as long as you don't need to get the phone in and out of the case.

It is two pieces, a silicone rubber case, then a hard plastic shell. If you need to change the battery or reboot the phone by pulling the battery, there is a good chance the plastic shell will split or break.

I've been through two of those cases. The first one Otterbox customer service (very nice FWIW) sent me a new one under warranty. After the second one cracked I just didn't bother. Even cracked it protects the phone pretty well.

There just aren't that many cases for the HD2 since every other day HTC comes out with a new phone.

Nigeldg
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigeldg View Post
Oh right, yeah they are but I personally don't find it much trouble. I think there may be one which is more like the otterbox one as well (by HTC) so try it, the leather gives a nice high quality feeling
Found the one I meant, it's here and it seems alright, although I've never used it before.

RedRobster
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
What about one of these?

http: // smart phone pedia. com/pdair-aluminum-metal-case-open-screen-design-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11.html

You think they would be effective?

P.S. - I am a new user, so I can't post URL's, so remove spaces

poyensa
Old
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2538
moved
The Following User Says Thank You to poyensa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aleemz
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I prefer to take the phone out for use. I've had the HD2 since release and always go back to the original case as supplied with the HD2:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GENUINE-HTC-..._ob_ce_title_2