FP1 - All packages up to date

Tip us?

buhohitr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpt2569 View Post
I'm about to do the same. Have you noticed a difference (good or bad) with the new radio?
I don't have cracks and pops with my radio, so can't speak for that. However, I found that the FP1 kernel is bit smoother and faster compared to old stock, and wifi increased 1 bar on my phone (this varies depend on your router manufacture), 4g + wifi locking super fast when turn on. I would think the new radio is better for sure. I would recommend to install the new radio at least then running anything else you want on top of that. Currently I'm checking the battery life with this FP1 rom. Will post update.

elucid
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
I'm about to do the same. Have you noticed a difference (good or bad) with the new radio?
It is too early to tell. I'm hoping it will help with random data dropouts and occasional voice quality issues. Haven't had any issues, but it will take more time to really know.

So far so good...

Cilraaz
Old
Thanks Meter 204

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Anecdotally, and with an egregiously small sample size, I seem to be getting (very) slightly better signal at my workplace, which has notoriously bad signal in the building. I'm looking at -98 to -95 dBm now, versus -100 dBm or worse before, however the difference could be small enough to be statistically irrelevant.

This is on 3G, as I work in a non-4G area.

motcher41
Old
Thanks Meter 1258

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the credit but I didnt make that radio flashing patch.
Check out the friendliest community on Google+
Droid Friends Community
Everyone and virtually everything welcome here!
Visit http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ for a very friendly android community.

lpt2569
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks everyone for the replies. Flashed the radio on top of eclipse and pbj. Time will tell for sure.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

jco23
Old
Thanks Meter 467
this is great stuff, thanks... question though:

last night, I flashed back to stock, then flashed in a debloated deodexed EP4D, then slapped on Eclipse v1.4 (http://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthr...-v1-4-(2-28-12))

I downloaded to my SDCARD this file: http://eclipserom.com/vforum/showthr...ipse-AOSP-apps

can I CWM this in, and then perform operation #1 (Issue with FP1 rom using custom kernel)

I do have the OTA update file stored on my SDCard... but haven't done anything with it...

thanks!

motcher41
Old
Thanks Meter 1258

DONATE TO ME
Credit for posting the stock OTA update to flash in stock recovery for FP1 should go to themortalwombat as he posted it initially I just fiked the link to make it clickable lol
Check out the friendliest community on Google+
Droid Friends Community
Everyone and virtually everything welcome here!
Visit http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ for a very friendly android community.

dredge999
Old
(Last edited by dredge999; 23rd March 2012 at 07:42 PM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 0
Default Boot loop

Went back to Ep4D, copied the update to update.zip on SDCARD.

Updated with stock recovery.

Booted up to make sure that it was the new update (it was).

Shutdown and went into odin and flashed CWM.

Pulled battery and booted into CWM and flashed Charge-FP1-Eclipse01.zip.

Now I am in a boot loop. I have reflashed and then reflashed again then factory wiped and I am still boot looping.

Any ideas?

Rick

----

Update - Flashed the Charge-FP1-DeoDebloatedRooted.zip file (debloated,rooted) and it didn't boot loop. Perhaps something is amiss with the eclipse package that doesn't like the new kernel.

buhohitr
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1459
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge999 View Post
Went back to Ep4D, copied the update to update.zip on SDCARD.

Updated with stock recovery.

Booted up to make sure that it was the new update (it was).

Shutdown and went into odin and flashed CWM.

Pulled battery and booted into CWM and flashed Charge-FP1-Eclipse01.zip.

Now I am in a boot loop. I have reflashed and then reflashed again then factory wiped and I am still boot looping.

Any ideas?

Rick

----

Update - Flashed the Charge-FP1-DeoDebloatedRooted.zip file (debloated,rooted) and it didn't boot loop. Perhaps something is amiss with the eclipse package that doesn't like the new kernel.
Yes, you have a wrong kernel for Nitro Eclipse. Instruction #2 said if you have a custom rom and want to update to Nitro's Eclipse. But since you flashed stock FP1, you now have FP1 kernel and this won't work with Eclispe.

dredge999
Old
(Last edited by dredge999; 23rd March 2012 at 07:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the info. I guess I am just stuck with the horrid color scheme until someone updates a custom ROM to FP1/kernel with a better theme.

I was also wondering if some of the devs might be able to get rid of the Verizon customer service app. I don't trust them (Verizon) and I am sure it also involves a ton more logging, i.e. tethering logging, etc.

Rick