Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 47,141 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ADB] Trying to backup - Birck? Hope not

Tip us?

mrvlhs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [ADB] Trying to backup - Birck? Hope not

Hi! I was trying to backup my Orange Monte Carlo following a Portuguese tutorial but I'm stuck in the middle and I've got no help! Hope you can provide some! These are the steps I followed (translated)

1 - Install ADB Made Easy;
2 - Open cmd;
3 - Activate cellphone debug mode;
4 - Connect via usb (without mass storage) and install drivers if request [it was requested and i installed];
5 - Run adb devices, it should show your device [it did];
6 - Run adb reboot bootloader, your cellphone will boot in Fastboot, wich is an Android image without menus [correct until here];
7 - Run fastboot devices, your device yor a question mark(?) should show up (advance to next step), else you miss drivers [step not completed];

cmd says 'fastboot' is not recognized as a command. Now my phone is stuck connected to the computer with an adriod pick and I have no clue on what to do next!

shanman-2
Old
(Last edited by shanman-2; 23rd March 2012 at 12:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 147
Don't know where you were going with this but to reboot your phone just pull the battery ..

Not bricked
Device:Samsung Galaxy s3 mini GT-I8190
Rom: Stock Android 4.1.2- Rooted
Recovery: TWRP v2.7.1.0

It;s nice to be nice
The Following User Says Thank You to shanman-2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrvlhs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanman-2 View Post
Don't know where you were going with this but to reboot your phone just pull the battery ..

Not bricked
Thank you! Do you have any idea why the last command doesn't work? I believe it has something to do with file location... I'm trying to backup my Monte Carlo. Next steps were to "fastboot boot recovery.img" and then backup.

shanman-2
Old
(Last edited by shanman-2; 23rd March 2012 at 01:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 147
It should be in the platform-tools directory of the android-sdk. Verify that it's there...if so cd to that directory and it should work

It;s nice to be nice
The Following User Says Thank You to shanman-2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrvlhs
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
I already fixed it for myself, thanks! Now I can't seem to be able to install clockwork!

Doing <<fastboot boot "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img">> reboots the device but doesn't enter recovery.

Doing <<fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img">> , <<fastboot reboot>> and <<adb wait-for-device reboot recovery>> results the phone entering android's default recovery (no acess to backup feature).

Any way to help? Thank you!

shanman-2
Old
Thanks Meter 147
The first command <<fastboot flash recovery "C:\Users\R&J\Downloads\recovery.img">> is trying to write the recovery.img you downloaded to a recovery partition on your device. It may not be overwriting the original recovery.
try changing permissions by doing
adb shell
su
chmod 777 /recovery

then try to flash again

It;s nice to be nice

mrvlhs
Old
(Last edited by mrvlhs; 23rd March 2012 at 02:37 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Lol it seems like I have been luck enough to solve my own problems, I have sucessfully installed ClockworkMod Recovery 4.0.1.4 unofficial MoDaCo Edition using a bat file . Now I can't seem to find a way to flash recovery back to stock. I though this was an option inside the modded recovery. Any tips? Thanks again!

EDIT: I have the stock recovery file . God... this tutorials I'm folowing aren't that noob friendly...