Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,605 Members 43,465 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] is xperia play 2 really coming..

Tip us?

Inferno986return
Old
(Last edited by Inferno986return; 5th April 2012 at 11:40 AM.) Reason: Image was too big for post!
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiax10.awesome View Post
Hi guys,
I just want another phone, I have got PS VITA but I cud not carry it everywhere daily, I was thinking abt buying xperia play, but read somewhere that xperia play 2 might b released soon..
What u guys suggest?

EDIT: I purchased XPERIA PLAY !!

Will see if PLAY2 will come or not !!!
I like something like this one..

I don't that mockup mainly because the layout doesn't seem comfortable for to use. Still thanks for sharing! :)

This is the mockup I like:

Xperia PLAY 2 Jsus Mockup

In fact, if it didn't have that annoying watermark I would have probably printed it out on a canvas and stuck it on my wall! XD

MegaBUD
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cant wait for an xperia play 2... maybe with psp joystick instead of those weird touch joystick...

fast enough for psp emulation?

Xperia4life
Old
Thanks Meter 42
This is just concept believing this is fooly and stupid,
Rumours are always Created because someone just wants attention for nothing.

If sony where to release another Gamepad Xperia They would call it Something else.

Haviing a name "Xperia Play 2" Would really Suck and be a let down to the device.

What do you think if there gonna make another one?
Yes because looking at sony once they make a hit they laucnch Multiple "Devices/Games/Consoles/tv" But This year we may see a Glimpse of the Smartphone Future for 2012/2013 (I think we should Hope for Better RAM on the Xperia play otherwise it'l be to weak and Poor performance!

Like my work please donate!
USD (US dollar)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...=GXZXW5THXS7AY

MrHaPpY66
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Sometimes I think. Imagine when ps3 emulation will be available for.smartphones. that will be many years from now though. I'll be sittin in a retirement home by that timetime

Sent from my R800x using XDA
"Knowledge like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it." -Alan Moore,V for Vendetta
Current Phone
Samsung Galaxy Note III SM-N900A
  • Jet Black
  • Dynamic Kat 4.1 (ThunderKat Edition) with S5 2.1 Theme
  • 36GB Storage

Inferno986return
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaBUD View Post
Cant wait for an xperia play 2... maybe with psp joystick instead of those weird touch joystick...

fast enough for psp emulation?
The general rule of thumb is that a device has to be at least 9 times faster/better than the original in order for emulation to be possible with a decent framerate. Although there are plenty of other complications, of course.

So I assume that by PSP emulation you mean the original PSP-1000 which had these specs as shown on the link below:

PSP-1000 Specifications

CPU: 1~333 MHz MIPS R4000 (MIPS appears to be similar, but not the same as ARM)

RAM: 32MB (or 0.032GB)

Okay so let's give it the 9 times treatment!

CPU:

0.333*9=2.997GHz

The Xperia Play has a dual-core 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon and I think the PSP-1000 has a single core processer rather than double, but I think it looks like that emulation would not work from a CPU point of view, especially when the phone would not only run the emulator, but also the ROM and the Android OS and all those applications that you are running.

If Sony change their mind and insert a quad-core chip it would certainly be more feasible, I am hoping for the Tegra 3 but knowing them it would probably be the next quad-core Snapdragon.

RAM:

0.032*9=0.288 (0.288GB or 288MB) the current Xperia PLAY has 512MB of RAM.

I believe that next Xperia Play may have 1GB (or maybe even 2GB) so I think that the RAM would be sufficient for emulation. Currently on the standard Play it could work well providing you keep multitasking down to a minimum.

Conclusion:

I am no expert at emulation or emulators and many people on XDA (and other forums) would be 100 times better at understanding these sorts of things. But I still think I have given a good approximation which is a good place to start from.

I believe that the Xperia Play probably wouldn't be able to emulate the PSP-1000 that well but if there is next one it might. Having said that there are a lot of other factors aside from the specifications and only time and expertise will really tell if this would work or not.

That's got to be the longest and most detailed post I have ever done on any forum. Be sure to hit "Thanks" if I helped!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inferno986return For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]