Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,675 Members 46,692 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Amaze Bricked

Tip us?

Mafioso
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
ok went to the TMO store on my way back...but guys at there refused to test it out saying they don't have any tester battery's...moreover I'm not a TMO customer so they said they can't me help much either

Anyway, I called up HTC customer service, it seems they do honor warranty on tmobile sets, however I just asked them to ship me a replacement battery for now, if that doesn't work, I'll send the phone over to HTC for repair...

BTW customer support guy said the notification light blinks in case the battery is extremely dead. I hope it does work with new battery...I don't know how will they take it when they find unlocked bootloader and custom ROM installed on it...

dullhunk
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Dont worry, they wont even get to know about it ..
Because they are not that knowledge about it ...

harisj16
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ya sensation battery will work. I have tried it

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
ok went to the TMO store on my way back...but guys at there refused to test it out saying they don't have any tester battery's...moreover I'm not a TMO customer so they said they can't me help much either

Anyway, I called up HTC customer service, it seems they do honor warranty on tmobile sets, however I just asked them to ship me a replacement battery for now, if that doesn't work, I'll send the phone over to HTC for repair...

BTW customer support guy said the notification light blinks in case the battery is extremely dead. I hope it does work with new battery...I don't know how will they take it when they find unlocked bootloader and custom ROM installed on it...
Good stuff... It will work

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter
Just talked to my buddy. EXACT same thing just happened to him the other day. Getting a replacement battery

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

xxquicksh0txx
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:

With your phone being s-on, you can't technically brick your phone. So as long as it's a hardware failure, and you don't have s-off and haven't been holding out on us you should be fine.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to xxquicksh0txx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mafioso
Old
(Last edited by Mafioso; 24th March 2012 at 03:50 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy View Post
Just talked to my buddy. EXACT same thing just happened to him the other day. Getting a replacement battery

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
Seems this problem is common enough then...we already have 3 people including me which have this since I started this thread

Wondering, if an after market independent battery charger can revive the battery, I'll get one if everything works fine with replacement battery..

Quote:
Originally Posted by harisj16 View Post
Ya sensation battery will work. I have tried it

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium
I thought about it, but don't want to go ahead...I will just wait for replacement battery...

wadill
Old
Thanks Meter 21
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522351

If you have a qsb_load brick caused in any way, plz try to identify your phones emmc like they did here in the link for the sensation in a Linux environment. You can only access this mode on a bricked phone.

I think we may be able to s-off using a version of this method. Ultimately intentionally bricking a phone and achieve installing a cracked boot loader and s-off.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Mafioso
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadill View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1522351

If you have a qsb_load brick caused in any way, plz try to identify your phones emmc like they did here in the link for the sensation in a Linux environment. You can only access this mode on a bricked phone.

I think we may be able to s-off using a version of this method. Ultimately intentionally bricking a phone and achieve installing a cracked boot loader and s-off.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
Ok, I went through the thread to make out, what they are trying to do, however, without much success...

I couldn't find the pin they use on sensation to ground it to SD card frame, to put it in download mode. See the image attached, its kind of different from sensation. Also I can't find it any instructions for Linux environment, its mostly windows based (drivers and software). Can you point out the post or do a write up ? I have a mac with me, I'm guessing it would be same for os X also..

Anyway I don't know, if I should be doing all this...since I plan to RMA the phone to HTC incase it doesn't work with new battery.
However, if its indeed battery related and it does work with new battery, what I can do is ship you the battery which causes the brick. You can try the things on your Amaze, if you want to...since you seem better technically sound than me
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page_htc_amaze_4g-img_1247.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	964815  

RootaToota
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Seems this problem is common enough then...we already have 3 people including me which have this since I started this thread

Wondering, if an after market independent battery charger can revive the battery, I'll get one if everything works fine with replacement battery..

I thought about it, but don't want to go ahead...I will just wait for replacement battery...

HTC Sensation Battery DOES work in the Amaze.
Independent battery charger DOES work as well.

I use Anker battery 1900 mAh from Amazon.
I use an external charger also found on Amazon (white- about $10).