READ FAQ! Read that FAQ BEFORE you try app!
Premium version is now ON SALE! -50% off of the price! Enjoy!
Some Android users suffer from poor performance after some days/weeks of heavy usage. This is due to a well-known TRIM bug affecting these devices (there are reports that some Galaxy Nexus devices also have affected memory chips). Users with -discard mount option are NOT affected!
The source of the problem is that internal storage is not properly TRIMmed when needed. You can find lots of information on XDA - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1971852 and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1929021 for example. It is also well-known fact that running fstrim Linux tool from time to time fixes the issue until internal memory runs out of free blocks. Other solutions like mounting with -discard or disabling fsync may be slow or dangerous.
LagFix is a user-friendly implementation of fstrim utility. It allows you to select which partitions to trim (you should leave defaults unless you know what you are doing) and run the process easily.
Please note that fstrim output depends on kernel and device. It works fine unless you see errors. You might see big amounts of bytes, zero amount or repeating amount. All are fine! Read fstrim manual to understand why all these outputs are valid.
It is also advised to reboot your device after the TRIM process so that kernel could reinitialize block data.
There are two versions of LagFix:
- Premium version (v1.5.1) - no ads + ability to auto-run trimming on specified schedule. The best choise!
- Free version (v1.5.1) - trims your memory with one click, has ads, no schedule.
Warning! Premium version comes from different publisher! This is because Google does not allow to publish paid apps from my country. Send your rage to Google (: Both versions are legit, don't worry.
+ Added CWM SuperUser support;
+ Added android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission;
* Fixed disabling scheduler;
+ New notification icons.
Full rewrite, dropped RootTools lib, made my own. No more problems!
+ Device compatability detection is now completely reworked
* Fixed a crash
+ New UI
+ Added Info screen
+ Added device compatability detection (looks like it should be improved further)
+ Renamed Donate version to Premium
* Fixed scheduling dissappear after reboot (Premium version)
* Some other bug fixes
* Added auto-trim functionality which runs on specified schedule. Click Schedule button and you'll see the options. Setup the way you want and click Install. The button will change to Uninstall to remove auto-trim if needed.
* Added detection if your device supports TRIM - run it once and you will know.
* Fixed some bugs.
* Fixed chmod not working on some custom Sense ROMs.
* Added Android 2.2+ support.
* Fixed crashes.
* App is now multi-threaded.
* Updated UI a bit.
* New icon.
* App is renamed.
P.S. If your ROM mounts /data with -discard then this app is NOT needed!
P.P.S. Free version is now attached for those, who do not have market for some reasons.