Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 44,878 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FPSE FF7 Settings?

Tip us?

D3VICE
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default FPSE FF7 Settings?

Does anyone know what the best settings for the One X would be?

I've been messing around with the video settings for a few days now but I can't figure out what the best configuration is, anyone have any experience with this?

AndyLeJizm
Old
(Last edited by AndyLeJizm; 25th October 2012 at 01:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
I advice you to use epsxe emulator, it has less options then fpse but the sound is 100% identical(fpse really has bad sound...) and visual wise it's good too! Also 60 fps constant. As for options for fpse just use frame limiter and software emulation or opengl and frame limiter, but still ff7 has most epic soundtrack ever and fpse fails to emulate most of the sounds and music!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
Share happiness & make the world a better place!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AndyLeJizm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D3VICE
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyLeJizm View Post
I advice you to use epsxe emulator, it has less options then fpse but the sound is 100% identical(fpse really has bad sound...) and visual wise it's good too! Also 60 fps constant. As for options for fpse just use frame limiter and software emulation or opengl and frame limiter, but still ff7 has most epic soundtrack ever and fpse fails to emulate most of the sounds and music!

Thanks, now if you can continue being so nice and guide me through how to continue playing my save game that I've saved on FPSE on the EPSXE I'll gladly switch!
I've put some work into the game already, and just starting from scratch doesn't seem an enjoyable option for me since I've beating this game many times in my child-hood and I'm just replaying it for the memories.

And I do agree with you, sound is pretty ****ty on FPSE and that takes the experience right away from emulating FF7 on it!

AndyLeJizm
Old
(Last edited by AndyLeJizm; 25th October 2012 at 02:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
I don't have fpse anymore but I'm pretty sure there's an mcr file you have to copy and paste from your fpse folder to epsxe. Or you can copy your in game save states to epsxe. (memcard is better though) Let me look it up for you, as I bought fpse a while ago.

Also check this out. http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2248

http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2552

Basically your question but answered, but for PC (should work for Android though, need root access though)

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyLeJizm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D3VICE
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
I don't have fpse anymore but I'm pretty sure there's an mcr file you have to copy and paste from your fpse folder to epsxe. Or you can copy your in game save states to epsxe. (memcard is better though) Let me look it up for you, as I bought fpse a while ago.

Also check this out. http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2248

http://www.fpsece.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2552

Basically your question but answered, but for PC (should work for Android though, need root access though)

Thanks, friend!

I'll do this tomorrow, first I need some sleep!

AndyLeJizm
Old
(Last edited by AndyLeJizm; 25th October 2012 at 02:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Ok I can confirm it works with transferring your memory card from fpse to epsxe. (save state doesn't work! Has a different framework)
The memory card is located at /sdcard/.FPSE./memcard (its a hidden folder so make sure your file explorer has show hidden folders enabled.)
Copy slot1.mcd to epsxe memcard folder (located at sdcard) and rename the file to epsxe000.mcr launch epsxe and enjoy no more missing sounds! I bought them both and the two euros I spent for epsxe were worth my money Let me know if you need help if it doesn't work but it worked out for me, happy ff7ing man!

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyLeJizm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D3VICE
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Ok I can confirm it works with transferring your memory card from fpse to epsxe. (save state doesn't work! Has a different framework)
The memory card is located at /sdcard/.FPSE./memcard (its a hidden folder so make sure your file explorer has show hidden folders enabled.)
Copy slot1.mcd to epsxe memcard folder and rename the file to epsxe000.mcr launch epsxe and enjoy no more missing sounds! I bought them both and the two euros I spent for epsxe were worth my money Let me know if you need help if it doesn't work but it worked out for me, happy ff7ing man!

Sweet, that's even easier.

Thanks a lot man, you're a great dude, taking time to even test it yourself and such!
The Following User Says Thank You to D3VICE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndyLeJizm
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Np man just wanting to give you that oldskool rpg feeling back, but ofcourse with 100% smooth emulation

lumpy76
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Thanks a lot, I had the same problem and didn't want re-start the game
Phone1: Samsung Note3 X-NOTE build 13.0 (N9005 NC2)
Phone2: HTC ONE InsertCoin 8.0-1
Tablet : HP TouchPad Evervolv | 3.3.0p1 [AOSP 4.3.1]

The-Last-Hylian
Old
Thanks Meter 476
Default Ouu this sounds fun :)

All I need now is to find a decent FF7 iso I guess...

Going to install EPSXE now!
Device: HTC One - ARHD 71.1 | Android 4.4.2 KitKat | HTC Sense 6.0 | TWRP v2.6.3.3

Feel free to Thank me anytime

Gaijintensity
HTC One (M8) - Mega Tech Discussion Thread >>
My Guide: The Ultimate Stock to Custom ROM awesomeness Thread - Noob Friendly