Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,536 Members 53,306 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SCRIPTS] [Updater-Scripts] EFS-backup, Clean_Wipes, Wifi Fix

Tip us?

qkster
Old
(Last edited by qkster; 20th January 2013 at 05:26 AM.)
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4521
Default [SCRIPTS] [Updater-Scripts] EFS-backup, Clean_Wipes, Wifi Fix

Hey Guys. (THESE HAVE ONLY BEEN TESTED BY ME ON GB 2.3.6)

I have put together a collection of updater scripts for my own use. I think they will be helpful.

They are a work in progress...I may need some more testers or feedback.

I wasn't sure if these belonged in the Themes/apps or Q/A. I guess mod can move if appropriate.

If more needs come up, I can try to fix or do something else.

1. The EFS_Backup will back up your EFS into a tar file that can be restore via Odin, Heimdall or extract/copy/paste in the even you lose your EFS on a bad flash. It will be handy to have. I know it works because I tried it several times. You only need 1 or 2. It will make a file on your /SDCARD/EFS_BACKUP/

2. Clean_Wipe: This contains multiple layers of delete of old systems files, data files, cache files, dalvik files and any other left overs from a previous ROM. Hopefully flashing this before you flash a ROM will wipe all traces of previous ROM to give you a clean slate. This will not erase your SDcard or microSD card.
DO NOT FLASH THIS unless you are ready to flash a ROM or have a ROM on your SDcard. If you tried to reboot without flashing a ROM, all you will see is a pretty bright white Samsung logo.
Ideally this will eliminate the need to jumping around in CWM trying to manually erase everything.

3. Bluetooth_fix. Ideally this would restore the infuse BT function bases on UCLB3 files. Flash it. Fix permission and reboot. It seems to work for some but not others...I don't know why yet. This is tested on INFUSE NATIVE ROM only..I DONT BELIEVE THIS WILL WORK ON MIUI or CM7. I have no idea what that will do. If I get more understanding, I will make revisions if needed.

4. Wifi_Fix: After flashing some ROMs, some people have wifi issues. Dropping etc. I have suspected that it is due to left over from previous ROMs or problems with multiple writes during cache build. I'm not sure. I have not had this happened to me over some many attempts to borked it. I wrote this up as an attempt to delete the broken configuration and force a new file generation.
I tried it on mine and it does just that. However, not being broken before, I can't tell if if will fix your borked wifi connection. The current best fix is reseting your router or changing the DHCP time - which in essense, forces your phone to produce a new configuration. This may save you a walk to your router log in and changing the DHCP.
edit: (3/28/2012) This may not fix more long standing wifi issues some users are having. It may fix the log on/drop off scenario.

Again...my disclaimer is that this is for development purposes. I have tried them all...I can make no warranties on them or their safety on your phone.

I hope you can find them useful.

Feedback is welcome...good or bad...so I can learn some more.
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM-EFS_BACKUP.zip - [Click for QR Code] (102.9 KB, 11472 views)
File Type: zip CWM-Clean Wipe before ROM Flash.zip - [Click for QR Code] (102.8 KB, 5940 views)
File Type: zip CWM-Wifi_Fix.zip - [Click for QR Code] (102.5 KB, 4266 views)
File Type: zip CWM-BlueTooth Restore2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (528.2 KB, 3527 views)
The Following 118 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ppalbicke
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3022

DONATE TO ME
I like the practicality this has.

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange
My AOKP Infuse tastes like JellyBeans
New Theme Chooser themes and Jelly Bean Stuff HERE Try them, tastes like chicken!
Theme Chooser Themes made Specifically for the Note and Paranoid Android: Go Here and Get Them
Emancipation Themes in the OTA: Deep Blue, Evergreen, Aztec, Eternus Veris, Blood Orange, Purps, Communion, Tame Blue, SuperNova, Pink something or other
Get your Dropbox Here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ppalbicke For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qkster
Old
Thanks Meter 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppalbicke View Post
I like the practicality this has.

Sent from an Emancipated Infuse bleeding Orange
thanks, ppal.

Can you theme these for me?

deathblade
Old
(Last edited by deathblade; 23rd March 2012 at 08:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster View Post
thanks, ppal.

Can you theme these for me?
I'm really looking at regularly using the wipe, sound every handy and just what alot of people need to make away issues, nice job
just used it, works like a charm thank you for your excellent work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Rom:Sinless/Vanir (via Multirom)

Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-I747
Rom: Vanir 4.4.2

Samsung SGH-i977 Infuse 4G

LINKS:
MY SLIDING MESSAGING THEMES ARE LOCATED HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to deathblade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qkster
Old
Thanks Meter 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
I'm really looking at regularly using the wipe, sound every handy and just what alot of people need to make away issues, nice job
just used it, works like a charm thank you for your excellent work

Thanks..one more confirmed working.
The idea I had in the wipe script is that sometimes a complete wipe is not needed. One may want to save some data. In vagabond, I had put in complete wipes to ensure first time installation success... that got tedious after frequent set ups when I was testing. If I set up another build, no wipe will be in the ROM. The end user can decide. I thought this would be useful for others as well switching between ROMs without the hassle of navigating in cwm.

jason4962
Old
Thanks Meter 136
thanks qkster
the Clean Wipe is it just a faster way to wipe data/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? is it better then going odin or Heimdall?

qkster
Old
Thanks Meter 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4962 View Post
thanks qkster
the Clean Wipe is it just a faster way to wipe data/wipe cache/wipe dalvik? is it better then going odin or Heimdall?
It's faster than trying to jump around in cwm wiping everything. It will ensure a 99% clean..I'm leaving the last 1% for the idk moment. For most instances, it will suffice.

I use Heimdall or Odin only when I need to fix a boot loop, system file error, partition corruption or if I thought the problem came from using a froyo base with a gb rom.

Bronk93
Old
Thanks Meter 52
I really like this idea. The wipe file is genius.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bronk93 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teknhard
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Man you are always coming up with the most helpful posts. Thanks bro

qkster
Old
Thanks Meter 4521
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknhard View Post
Man you are always coming up with the most helpful posts. Thanks bro

mp guys...I figured if I used 'em enough, someone else has to.

if you found a prob, lmk

enjoy...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]