edwinpang

Nov 11, 2010
Anyone have any idea?

Anyone working in Samsung?

Let's discuss

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

Raptor1956

Nov 14, 2011
I'm expecting ICS on my 7.7 LTE by mid May and hopefully earlier, but there's no way of knowing short of an explicit announcement from Samsung/Verizon. The last word from Verizon was "... sometime this year ..."

Brian

Reactions: edwinpang

edwinpang

Nov 11, 2010
I'm expecting ICS on my 7.7 LTE by mid May and hopefully earlier, but there's no way of knowing short of an explicit announcement from Samsung/Verizon. The last word from Verizon was "... sometime this year ..."

Brian

That's like saying your mum is a woman haha

Sometime this year -_-

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011
Yo mamma's so fat she ate all our Ice Cream Sandwiches and now we're just sitting around with no update.

ascariss

May 6, 2011
Gdansk
s2 already got ics,
now note will receive ics..
later tab 7.7,8.9 and 10.1 will receive ics:)
well exact time that samung knows :p
i hope it comes soon....

The S2 came out a while ago and it sold a lot of units so it was always in first place to receive ICS. The Note should be next.

Supposedly the galaxy tab 2 (7 and 10) should be out in the UK by the end of march but I am not sure if they are on sale yet. They are already running 4.0 so I am not sure how hard it is to port that over to the old tabs.

rhester72

Mar 30, 2011
Just curious...why the hurry for ICS? What would it realistically offer beyond the ability to run Chrome (whose feature set is already nearly entirely included in the stock browser)?

I know a lot of people seem to be expecting some sort of outrageous performance increase, but having seen the Gingerbread-to-ICS transition on the Nook Color, I have personally seen no evidence to suggest that ICS will be materially faster than Honeycomb (with the possible exception of slightly less lag in the stock launcher).

Has anyone had a different experience? We can't really compare against the S2 because it never ran HC.

ascariss

May 6, 2011
Gdansk
Just curious...why the hurry for ICS? What would it realistically offer beyond the ability to run Chrome (whose feature set is already nearly entirely included in the stock browser)?

I know a lot of people seem to be expecting some sort of outrageous performance increase, but having seen the Gingerbread-to-ICS transition on the Nook Color, I have personally seen no evidence to suggest that ICS will be materially faster than Honeycomb (with the possible exception of slightly less lag in the stock launcher).

Has anyone had a different experience? We can't really compare against the S2 because it never ran HC.

Upgrading from GB to ICS on my S2 made the android experience much better. On GB, touchwiz kept crashing at times and it was annoying and while overall once on 2.3.5 it was more or less stable. But after a slight hiccup with the upgrade (battery drain, some touchwiz crashing), I reset the entire device and from then on ICS has been running quite nicely. The browser is faster, touchwiz is faster and battery life is a lot better than before.

videos of the 7.7 on HC suggest a slightly sluggish UI and sometimes the browser is sluggish according to some sites. I've used a 10.1 and a sony tablet s, and the sony's UI is much smoother.

In videos of the new galaxy tab 2 (both 7 and 10.1) running ICS, things seem a lot smoother, especially the UI. I am hoping that the ICS upgrade on the 7.7 will make it smoother with no jerkiness.

chan005

Jan 1, 2011

Because HC on the 7.7 sucks. I haven't been so disappointed since going from 2.1 to 2.2 on the old Milestone. ICS is our only hope...unless you don't mind non stock ROM.

I am not looking for any fancy feature. Just the basic with speed.

rhester72

Mar 30, 2011
I don't know what has come to make anyone believe ICS will be faster than HC on the same hardware.

Rodney

Maverick777

May 16, 2008
I don't know what has come to make anyone believe ICS will be faster than HC on the same hardware.

Rodney

I think it comes from the fact that pretty much every post and hands-on experience with ICS on the same hardware has had very noticeable improvements.

Xoom ICS upgrade. I see a lot of posts about the dramatic improvement in responsiveness. A friend of mine says it's night and day.

Same with the Galaxy S II.

I've seen a noticeable improvement on the Asus Transformer as well.

All this points to improvements on the Tab 7.7 with an ICS upgrade. :)

burhanistan

Apr 14, 2011

Rodney

Installing an ICS (AOKP) ROM on my 10.1 sped up the interface very noticeably. Aside from the brief blanking during screen rotation, it runs as smooth as an iPad. There are also lots of nice little touches like being able to flick an app closed (like in WebOS) from the open apps pane.

Now, all the clamoring for ICS is kind of silly, and Apple device users look at that as a reason not to bother with Android, but if done right it will be a worthwhile improvement over 3.x.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just did my monthly questioning of Samsung Australia (I always ask them because they always answer, even though they're hardly the authority on Android releases). Usual type of reply, but it's at least a confirmation that it's, uh... Coming.

"Thank you for your patience, ICS is in testing stages for Tab 7.7 and we hope to see it released soon in Australia. Stay tuned!"
    I have to say, I am not particularly impressed by Samsung on this one - notwithstanding the fact I was wanting to wait for thr 64GB 3G version of the 7.7, which is yet to materialise...

It is getting tiring to buy "premium" devices, only to see support for these abandoned right away. Especially when these devices are far from being perfect to start with.

This said, I still love the 7.7, but when you see the gain in performance of my Transformer prime from HC to ICS, and the difficulties the 7.7 has in dealing with TW with HC, you'd thing Samsung would have the decency to spend some resources on updating its flagship tablet...
    Online Petition

That was the way HTC was convinced to reunlock their bootloaders.

I now have started a petition to collect users demanding an ICS-update for Galaxy Tabs 10.1, Tab 8.9, Tab 7.7, Tab 7.0 Plus including source code now.

The link is as followed:
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ics-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for/
    In my opinion it makes a difference if only I will contact Samsung on my own or for e.g. CNET,heise or chip.de.if you know computer or tablet magazines you may contact them too so that they contact Samsung too.I have neither Facebook nor twitter account, but if anyone will contact Samsung via twitter our Facebook I think this is no bad idea

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I am trying to show Samsung that more people are disappointed by the Samsung support.

Maybe they will recognize that good product support is as important as good specs of new hardware....

Doing nothing means to accept all and to change nothing I think.
    I hope that we all together will make Samsung to think about better support.
    The more people who express their disappointment maybe the more Samsung will realize this.

This is my opinion and I hope we will have an update soon.