Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 33.1 | High Quality & Performance | Sense 5 | 4.18.401.3

OP mike1986.

19th April 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #3121  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 311

756 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslan93

Quick question: how do we flash stock recovery ? Where can we get it from and which command to use in fastboot ?thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

nobnut already posted few post above you, get from the 2nd one from the link below

http://android.modaco.com/topic/3530...tock-download/

the command is the same as how you flash custom recovery

fastboot flash recovery *name of recovery*.img
19th April 2012, 10:18 AM   |  #3122  
Flag Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 14

379 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyAdams

I will post one in an hour, just on my way to my desk

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut

Paul O'Brien posted one. It is the second link on this page.

Cheers guys. Not sure if it will help me actually.

I started from an O2 ROM, and unlocked on HTCDEV and flashed the custom recovery, loaded up the 1.2.x ROM.

Yesterday I was given a RUU ROM by O2 and asked to load it up. I relocked the phone without going back to stock and attempted to load it. The installer told me that it was the wrong installer for the phone. I had presumed that this was because the recovery was the wrong version, but I'm now wondering it is it a CID issue?

If it is how can that be worked around? That is achieving stock recovery, locking and putting back an O2 CID?
19th April 2012, 10:20 AM   |  #3123  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 52

263 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamyi

nobnut already posted few post above you, get from the 2nd one from the link below

http://android.modaco.com/topic/3530...tock-download/

the command is the same as how you flash custom recovery

fastboot flash recovery *name of recovery*.img

Thanks but it turns out i didnt need that! I was on ARHD 2.1.0 and had a nandroid of my stock 1.26 all i did was restore and as soon as i rebooted i got a notification for an update! sweet

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA
19th April 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #3124  
Thanks Meter: 18

795 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotha;

Make nandroid just to be on the safe side
Optional: Use Romcleaner Backup-Script to save all account data (wifi, bt,google)
Copy complete SD-Card to PC. The following steps will erase your SD-Card most probably
relock phone with "fastboot oem lock"
Download and install RUU 1.26 for your area (see RUU Thread of user football)
Start phone and wait for OTA
After OTA, unlock again as you did before with HTCDev unlock.bin
Flash Recovery
Copy contents of SD-Card back to Phone
Flash ARHD 3.0.0
Optional: Use Romcleaner to remove bloatware and Romcleaner Restore to restore all accounts

I try doing all the above, but after re-locking the phone, the htc does not load. I am stuck in the bootloader screen with fastboot, reboot, reboot bootloader, etc

I am trying to run RUU but it gives my a USB error.
What can i do?
19th April 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #3125  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 473

2,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.m.moran

Could I ask please what is an RUU and how is it different to a ROM say.....pretty please

Cheers,
M

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

EXACT same here.....the pain of setting it all up again!!

What's up with titanium backup? You should be able to backup and restore all user apps and also the desktop.....just Check the new update dies not use a different desktop version and only Eddie the desktop data to restore your home screen apps and widgets.....

Sent witH desire from OneX
19th April 2012, 10:25 AM   |  #3126  
OP Senior Member
XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 71,507

37,284 posts
Donate to Me
More
Morning guys! Updating links now
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mike1986. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 10:26 AM   |  #3127  
Flag FlorÝ
Thanks Meter: 351

1,912 posts
More
When we talk about the sun
19th April 2012, 10:27 AM   |  #3128  
Flag Beijing
Thanks Meter: 473

2,694 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusc

Hi mike,
Will you be also using the new HBOOT groom the OTA? Are there any naughty things included from HTC that you have come across yet? Also why do you think they still did not fix the power issue that you found with the missing .apk?

Hi Mike ,
Any funny stuff found in th the OTA?

19th April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #3129  
Flag Valencia
Thanks Meter: 189

1,135 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotha

Some general Information about Version 3.0 and OTA 1.28:

The rom does of course NOT include new hboot and radio. How could it? If you want the full equivalent to OTA 1.28, you have to do the following:

• Make nandroid just to be on the safe side
  • Optional: Use Romcleaner Backup-Script to save all account data (wifi, bt,google)
  • Copy complete SD-Card to PC. The following steps will erase your SD-Card most probably
  • relock phone with "fastboot oem lock"
  • Download and install RUU 1.26 for your area (see RUU Thread of user football)
  • Start phone and wait for OTA
  • After OTA, unlock again as you did before with HTCDev unlock.bin
  • Flash Recovery
  • Copy contents of SD-Card back to Phone
  • Flash ARHD 3.0.0
  • Optional: Use Romcleaner to remove bloatware and Romcleaner Restore to restore all accounts
Another possibility (not tried by me, but reported working):
If you have a nandroid of original rom before flashing any custom rom: restore it, flash stock recovery and relock phone. From there follow the above guide from OTA. In this case, no RUU is necessary and data of sd-card are reported to be intact afterwards. But don't blame me if they are not .

Please remember to have the phone charged to a high level (at least 60%) when starting the process.

Users with provider-locked/branded phones or non European users can only flash ROM, there isn't an OTA for them atm.

You can of course only update rom, without flashing OTA, but the some of the fixes and benefits of the OTA are not implemented on your phone. In this case only proceed as in former updates:
  • Flash boot.img in fastboot
  • Optional: Use Romcleaner Backup-Script to save all account data (wifi, bt,google)
  • Superwipe (strongly recommended this time)
  • Flash rom in rom in recovery.
  • Optional: Use Romcleaner to remove bloatware and Romcleaner Restore to restore all accounts
The mods for 1.26 are NOT compatible with base 1.28, so don't even try to reinstall them. Wait for new versions, some aren't even needed anymore like supercharger.

If you don't want to wait for links of 3.0.0 you can start now with the process of updating OTA. That will take about 60-90 minutes, depending on the data on the sd-card. After that you can still restore your nandroid until 3.0.0 is up, because 2.1.0 works on the OTA. Just superwipe then before flashing 3.0.0

Have fun .

If questions on this topic that are answered here, please link the askers to this guide instead of answering all over again. That could keep the thread smaller.

Many thank you very much, I have updated my version to 1.28, well, now I can only wait for the 3.0.0 rom, thank you very much again, I followed to the letter his instructions and not a single problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lo_RaT_PeNaT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #3130  
Flag kuala lumpur
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
More
i'm having problem on nandroid backup in recovery mode. I'm using UPDATED 13/4 Official Clockworkmod Touch Recovery 5.8.2.7 , ARHD 1.2.3 HTC ONE X, boot.img 1.2.3. Everytime i trying to do a nandroid backup it just reboot on halfway backuping and when i check in the sdcard/clockworkmod/backup theres a folder include boot.img, a recovery.img and a system.ext4.tar, do anyone know how to fix it? Thank You very much if anyone would kindly help me ** flashing rom and mods are no problem in the recovery
Last edited by newbienoobs; 19th April 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.0.4, android revolution hd, arhd, best custom rom, epic custom rom, fastest sense rom, htc one x, htc sense 4.5 / 4+, ice cream sandwich, latest rom
Previous Thread Next Thread