Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,300 Members 53,350 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 33.1 | High Quality & Performance | Sense 5 | 4.18.401.3

Tip us?

[vertigo]
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 6462
Ok... I'm just going on what we have to do on the Sensation XL, because we don't have S-OFF on that either so you have to relock bootloader on that in order to flash RUU.

But you do have S-OFF on the sensation so that could be why you can flash it with unlocked bootloader...
Current: LG G2 [d802] Running: BeerGang New 0.7 Beta [4.4.4]
Current: LG G Flex [D955] Running: Rooted Stock.... and using Xposed with G2 module

shingers5
Old
(Last edited by shingers5; 7th April 2012 at 01:48 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3082
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986. View Post
Sure i will update the thread once i am back home.

Wysłane z mojego Galaxy Nexus za pomocą Tapatalk
thanks mate

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotha View Post
I do not believe you are right (I'm even rather sure you are not ). On Sensation I installed RUU with unlocked bootloader and locked bootloader afterwards when I sold it(which we cannot do atm of course). Same on my Nexus. I don't see why it would be different here.
Otherwise it would never be possible to install a RUU again after unlocking with HTCDev.
mate you are wrong as sensation has s-off and super cid so relocking bootloader doesnt affect ruu flash. read and understand mate as sensation has been hacked to the point where it doesnt need bootloader relocked! on one x with no s-off and no super cid you NEED to definitely relock bootloader to flash stock ruu. see others you have already tried and failed with error 155 and signature check. you are wrong mate........... not an opinion its a fact!
try it and you'll see!
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb
SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 - N7100
All Custom Roms I use are built by Vertigo and Ben. Trust those guys completely

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

angusc
Old
Thanks Meter 471
To change the topic just slightly......how does super cid or "gold card" work on a device with a virtual sdcard? Is it likely to be available within say 1 month from now (as your best guess of course).

Sent with Desire.
Device: HTC ONE 64GB Dev Edition
ROM: Stock 4.2 + Sense 5.5
HBOOT: 0.1.55
MID PN0710000
CID HTC__001
S-Off

I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I have no religion, I'm just humane.....what are you?

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3082
Quote:
Originally Posted by angusc View Post
To change the topic just slightly......how does super cid or "gold card" work on a device with a virtual sdcard? Is it likely to be available within say 1 month from now (as your best guess of course).

Sent with Desire.
well i cannot speculate on this as obviously alpha-rev/revolutionary team deal with these these things but on XL we do not have it so i am hoping it isnt proved to be too difficult. it seems to be an issue right now but with so much major devs looking to get this device i am hoping that its not too long. also think that any solution for the one x will also benefit XL as same virtual sdcard
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb

After owning so many at once I have decided to try something new by using one....It may not last but for now thats it

jotha
Old
(Last edited by jotha; 7th April 2012 at 02:00 PM.)
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7725
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
on one x with no s-off and no super cid you NEED to definitely relock bootloader to flash stock ruu. see others you have already tried and failed with error 155 and signature check. you are wrong mate........... not an opinion its a fact!
Rechecked and you seem to be right for the time being .
And as revolutionary seem to face some severe obstacles with the new HTC Bootloader it will probably stay that way for some time.
The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude towards the problem! - Captain Jack Sparrow

Some things I made:
CirclesMod All-in-One Mod-Pack for One
APM for One X
- APM for One V - EQS for One X
Battery% Mods for One X - CirclesMod for One X
Themes for 4ext Recovery Touch -

NO support questions via PM, I will NOT answer.
PM is personal, support is for all to know.

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3082
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotha View Post
Rechecked and you seem to be right for the time being .
cheers mate but i know i am right hence why i posted. i dont speculate at all! if i dont know i refrain from posting! whats your opinion of the virtual sdcard question asked previously?
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb

jotha
Old
(Last edited by jotha; 7th April 2012 at 02:12 PM.)
Recognized Themer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7725
Quote:
Originally Posted by shingers5 View Post
cheers mate but i know i am right hence why i posted. i dont speculate at all! if i dont know i refrain from posting! whats your opinion of the virtual sdcard question asked previously?
Well I only can also speculate here. But I don't think there will be a "Gold-Card"-solution. I think it will be some regular s-off like they did with Galaxy Nexus (also no real sd-card) also.
But as I said, it's a speculation, have no insider knowledge here .
But from what I hear, it will some serious piece of work to find a way to achieve that.
The problem is not the problem, the problem is your attitude towards the problem! - Captain Jack Sparrow

Some things I made:
CirclesMod All-in-One Mod-Pack for One
APM for One X
- APM for One V - EQS for One X
Battery% Mods for One X - CirclesMod for One X
Themes for 4ext Recovery Touch -

NO support questions via PM, I will NOT answer.
PM is personal, support is for all to know.

angusc
Old
Thanks Meter 471
So we can't expect to have a choice of HBOOT tables for this type of devices? I did read that you have to re lock the boot loader before flashing the ruu So does this mean we can expect a few casualties of flashing wrong firmwares and bricked devices? Like the early desire bring flashed with old firmware that killed the screen drivers etc.....

Sent with Desire.
Device: HTC ONE 64GB Dev Edition
ROM: Stock 4.2 + Sense 5.5
HBOOT: 0.1.55
MID PN0710000
CID HTC__001
S-Off

I'm not Muslim, I'm not Christian, I have no religion, I'm just humane.....what are you?

shingers5
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3082
Quote:
So we can't expect to have a choice of HBOOT tables for this type of devices? I did read that you have to re lock the boot loader before flashing the ruu So does this mean we can expect a few casualties of flashing wrong firmwares and bricked devices? Like the early desire bring flashed with old firmware that killed the screen drivers etc.....

Sent with Desire.
Good thing is ruu flash fails if cid check fails so no harm done. Problem is if you need to revert back to stock for any reason and don't have device specific ruu you could be in **** street. I am sure one of the dogs devs can zip these ruu files to flash via cwm

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium
LG G3 - WHITE 16gb

gerardroid
Old
(Last edited by gerardroid; 7th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5052
Quote:

Sent with Desire.
ok too many questions better to wait to have things cleared out(updated and clearly written op) before flashing and ending up bricking our expensive phone,well at least for me..for now il just keep using the stock rom with the irritating ads and bloatware and unwanted stock apps..
running samsung s4/note 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------
+++ULTIMATE ADBLOCK/REMOVE COLLECTION CLICK HERE-->ADBLOCK
+++LG KEYBOARD-RIP,5TH# ROW, MANY THEMES,EMOIJ ALL WORKING CLICK HERE-->LGKEYBOARD
----------------------------------------------------------------------

and most important respect other members

Tags
4.0.4, android revolution hd, arhd, best custom rom, epic custom rom, fastest sense rom, htc one x, htc sense 4.5 / 4+, ice cream sandwich, latest rom