Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,482 Members 53,837 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

|i'm dead| |please close| |discontinued|

Tip us?

BiteBlaze
Old
(Last edited by BiteBlaze; 27th March 2012 at 12:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
OK everyone calm down. I know I kind of spazzed out but I was getting an insane amount of emails about SODs and it turns out that all of them only wiped catch and dalvik, NOT DATA which could've been avoided. As to people still having issues: all I can say is that if you installed this right it should work. I have no further suggestions besides a problem with your kindle (TWRP not working right, stuck in a boot mode, etc.) So I would be happy to help but you should email my bug report address with EXACTLY what you did and your problem. That is a better way that I can help you. Again sorry for spazzing out but I just needed to say this.

~ BiteBlaze via SGH-T989

Add me on Google Plus and Follow me on Twitter for ROM releases, beta versions, news, and other fun stuff!

If you like my work or I have helped you, hit THANKS and DONATE

COLDBLOODED ROMS IS DOWN UNTIL I CAN BUY A NEW COMPUTER

psp300xxx
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Very well

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Twilla
Old
(Last edited by Twilla; 28th March 2012 at 02:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Removing issue report. Apparently OP doesn't want issues reported here. Thanks for responses, though. It's probably an issue with my storage. I'll look into it. Sorry.

isaiahhhhh
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Ok, this might be a little off topic but i'm just posting this as a request/heads up. I know it's redundant because by writing this i'm doing the exact thing i'm asking people not to, but when we get all emotional and request personal things in threads (like to not get butt hurt) it just detracts from the important thing which is developing a rom. If someone makes a stupid comment, let it be stupid and ignore it, if they get out of hand the mods will slap them on the wrist and everything will be ok.

Current Devices:
LG Optimus L9 P769 V20F
-Stock, Rooted, Locked
Logitech Revue
-Stock v3.1
Kindle Fire
-Cyanogenmod 10.1

soupmagnet
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2355
Quote:
Originally Posted by minieod View Post
Actually....bench marking means nothing at all

Also when almost everyone says this rom is super stable and better than all others.....and a few people , yourself included,say otherwise.....maybe YOU should take THAT into consideration

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA
Hence my original post where I said something to the effect of "this is what I've done, this is the problem I'm having and is anyone else having the same problem?" It's called communication.

Making remarks like "bench marking means nothing at all" with no further explanation, accomplishes nothing more than to inflate one's personal ego, IMO.

I'm trying to help by giving feedback and hopefully get some in return, not argue with people (although I'm probably well past that point).

I've followed the OP's instructions...verbatim. So what makes my situation unique? Is it because I used CWM instead of TWRP? Hardware version, perhaps? (I know that's a stretch but something has to be off) I'm still (after 3rd install) getting more than random freezes doing nothing more than simple tasks, like posting on XDA.

Also, thanks to Isaiah for his original attempt at addressing the problem. Much appreciated.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

jwilliamf
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupmagnet View Post

Making remarks like "bench marking means nothing at all" with no further explanation, accomplishes nothing more than to inflate one's personal ego, IMO.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
what futher explanation are you looking for? He is right by saying that it means nothing. I has been discussed all over xda and all over the web. Search it!!!

Not one devices has been made perfectly the same. that is why all bench marking are all differents.
From the Deaths!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jwilliamf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pbailey212
Old
Thanks Meter 263
When cm7 first came to my optimus v it benchmarked higher than the nexus s. That's how unrealistic it is. It was originally a marketing tool for graphic cards to say how much better their processors are. But doing things like disabling stagefright will up you quadrant score by 300 points while having no real life effects.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

chrisliphart
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Yeah, I've been using Android devices since the Motorola CLIQ, and I can tell you from experience that benchmarks, while fun to run and compare, aren't very accurate. There are way too many variables, including different runs of the hardware manufacturing process. I has been discussed ad nauseum just about everywhere in the Android community. I've personally found that messing with CPU settings just to get higher scores can easily bork an install of a ROM, so I stopped a while back. Again, I go by usability and real-world speed over any benchmark score. And no one was trying to inflate egos or act superior. It's just kinda taken at fact these days.

Quote:
I've followed the OP's instructions...verbatim. So what makes my situation unique? Is it because I used CWM instead of TWRP? Hardware version, perhaps? (I know that's a stretch but something has to be off) I'm still (after 3rd install) getting more than random freezes doing nothing more than simple tasks, like posting on XDA.
My install was through CWM, so it's not that. Just be sure that the factory reset was done and the cache wiped. I didn't do anything more or less than that prior to the install. You're not restoring a Titanium Backup after install, are you?
Samsung Galaxy S5 (T-Mobile): Stock Rooted

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the Thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisliphart For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

isaiahhhhh
Old
Thanks Meter 103

DONATE TO ME
Guys can we please keep the discussion rom specific? It becomes a pain to sift through threads when they are clogged with side conversations.

Current Devices:
LG Optimus L9 P769 V20F
-Stock, Rooted, Locked
Logitech Revue
-Stock v3.1
Kindle Fire
-Cyanogenmod 10.1
The Following User Says Thank You to isaiahhhhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Quiketaz
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopaez View Post
It sounds to me that you have the wrong boot status, try using the Kindle Fire Utility (First thread on this forum) and change the Boot Status to 4000 if it is set to anything else.
I did it, and works
Code:
Select Code
adb shell idme bootmode 4000
adb reboot
~quiketaz

Carrier - Movistar MEX
Phone - Infuse 4G (16gb)
ROM - CM7

Tags
cm9 reloaded, cool ics rom, ics kindle fire, kindle fire cm9, reloadedrom™
THREAD CLOSED