Quote:
Originally Posted by djkeller3 View Post
So is it themed?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA Premium

ROM: Energy CM9 Kang Build 3/19/2012
Kernel: 0xD34D
Overclock: 1.3 GHz Max, 800 MHz min. On Demand
Launcher: ADW EX
No. Stock Cm9 appearance. Mods and themes can be made and I will make some myself

~ BiteBlaze via Kindle Fire

Add me on Google Plus and Follow me on Twitter for ROM releases, beta versions, news, and other fun stuff!

If you like my work or I have helped you, hit THANKS and DONATE

COLDBLOODED ROMS IS DOWN UNTIL I CAN BUY A NEW COMPUTER
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiteBlaze For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hanji1
Old
(Last edited by hanji1; 28th March 2012 at 04:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys how do I get this Rom up and running? It keeps freezing on startup.

Here's what I did..

I had CM7 flashed on it before and just followed the instructions exactly except the " backup the rom" part because I had already made a backup of it when I flashed the Cm7 on it.

Now after the installation on the this rom I rebooted my KF and it froze after I saw the ICS animation. Had to hard reboot it again and this time it said Android is updating 78 files and it just froze at the language screen. After another reboot it froze at the animation again. Rebooted again and it froze after "Android updating 4 files".What can I do? Is the installation corrupted or something? Should I restore my stock rom with TWRP?

[SOLVED] Nevermind I had to restart it like 5-6 times and it finally finished updating everything. Don't mind the noob in me. Thanks.

wildsoyabean
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanji1 View Post
Hey guys how do I get this Rom up and running? It keeps freezing on startup.

Here's what I did..

I had CM7 flashed on it before and just followed the instructions exactly except the " backup the rom" part because I had already made a backup of it when I flashed the Cm7 on it.

Now after the installation on the this rom I rebooted my KF and it froze after I saw the ICS animation. Had to hard reboot it again and this time it said Android is updating 78 files and it just froze at the language screen. After another reboot it froze at the animation again. Rebooted again and it froze after "Android updating 4 files".What can I do? Is the installation corrupted or something? Should I restore my stock rom with TWRP?
1) Did you wipe everything before flashing
2) Did you flash Gapps after flashing the rom?
3) Did you check the md5sums are correct for your downloaded files.?

Best solution: redownload all the files, wipe everything, flash the rom, flash the gapps. It should work

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

So far so good on this rom. On first install it hangs while I was playing angry bird.

Tweak the settings a bit, set rom cpu to 300 min, 1000 max, conservative. Been running 2 full days now with no freeze and no SOD. Im pretty happy. I really think the CPU speed could be one of the root cause of the freeze
The Following User Says Thank You to wildsoyabean For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aaron1006
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I was planning on putting this on my KF yesterday, but I think I can hold off till the update! Can't wait!

minieod
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron1006 View Post
I was planning on putting this on my KF yesterday, but I think I can hold off till the update! Can't wait!
No reason not to flash now then the 1.1 later

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

HTC M8

BiteBlaze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by minieod View Post
No reason not to flash now then the 1.1 later

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Yes. It confuses me when people say they're going to wait for 1.1.... why not just flash 1.0.1 now

~ BiteBlaze via SGH-T989

Add me on Google Plus and Follow me on Twitter for ROM releases, beta versions, news, and other fun stuff!

CodenameDeadpool
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
1) Did you wipe everything before flashing
2) Did you flash Gapps after flashing the rom?
3) Did you check the md5sums are correct for your downloaded files.?

Best solution: redownload all the files, wipe everything, flash the rom, flash the gapps. It should work

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 AM ----------

So far so good on this rom. On first install it hangs while I was playing angry bird.

Tweak the settings a bit, set rom cpu to 300 min, 1000 max, conservative. Been running 2 full days now with no freeze and no SOD. Im pretty happy. I really think the CPU speed could be one of the root cause of the freeze
I could never get my CPU to stay what I set it at and it kept freezing up. Had to go back to Jp/Hc/Nind/JDom's ROM.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

BiteBlaze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodenameDeadpool View Post
I could never get my CPU to stay what I set it at and it kept freezing up. Had to go back to Jp/Hc/Nind/JDom's ROM.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium
It's cool. This rom doesnt work well for some and works great for others.

BiteBlaze
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 967

DONATE TO ME
Just a heads up, but rom is up to about 3000 downloads.

~ BiteBlaze via SGH-T989

hanji1
Old
(Last edited by hanji1; 29th March 2012 at 12:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I was really looking forward to your rom but after re downloading and re-flashing your rom last night again I am still having the same problem. This time I restored back to my Stock rom first and then I flashed ur rom. Unlike before when I flashed ur rom after Cm7. I am going to upload a video of part of the installation so you can see what's going on. It takes 5-6 hard reboots to get it properly installed. Even then it freezes. Oh and the KF won't mount as a SD card on a pc after installing ur rom. So the only solution I have is to revert back to stock since I can't transfer any files from the pc.

Rom Flashing Problems

No USB mounting

Tags
cm9 reloaded, cool ics rom, ics kindle fire, kindle fire cm9, reloadedrom™
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe