Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,656 Members 52,391 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF.

Tip us?

vinc3stylez
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by notsointeresting View Post
It's an iso, I would believe you burn it to a CD/Flash Drive and boot into it.
I dont have access to a blank CD right now so I mounted it with daemon and its supposed to be the same as having the cd. Its just opening folders for me to see whats inside. Has anyone burned this yet?

closeone
Old
(Last edited by closeone; 25th March 2012 at 06:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2 View Post
Any chance of adding MD5's to verify the downloads against?
Absolutely! I'll get them up as soon as possible.
EDIT: They're up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinc3stylez View Post
Ok so I just downloaded the test and stable. I mounted the test and it opened a folder. How do I run it?
You are going to have to boot into the OS. Burn the ISO to a CD (using software that lets you burn ISO images). There is one built into Windows 7. Just right-click on the ISO -> Open With -> Windows Disk Image Burner. Or mpgrimm2 mentioned in another post using a USB flash drive to boot it. A piece of software like Universal USB Installer would work. Make sure to use the option for openSUSE 12.1 i686 KDE, as this is what the CD is based off of.

~co~

I am happy to help whenever I can.
If I make a mistake, I do sincerely apologize.

If I have helped you, let me know! It means a lot, and I love to hear it.

EVO 3D: HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit // Ultimate Recovery Tool[BOX] Live CD (Available in Post #3)
EVO 4G LTE: UR/EVO 4G LTE - A light Sense ROM with some small, unique twists.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to closeone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinc3stylez
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone View Post
Absolutely! I'll get them up as soon as possible.

You are going to have to boot into the OS. Burn the ISO to a CD (using software that lets you burn ISO images). There is one built into Windows 7. Just right-click on the ISO -> Open With -> Windows Disk Image Burner. Or mpgrimm2 mentioned in another post using a USB flash drive to boot it. A piece of software like Universal USB Installer would work. Make sure to use the option for openSUSE 12.1 i686 KDE, as this is what the CD is based off of.

~co~
Thanks, looks like i gotta dig for a flash drive haha

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

universal USB installer isn't finding the file. Do i have to rename it?

closeone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, looks like i gotta dig for a flash drive haha

---------- Post added at 06:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 AM ----------

universal USB installer isn't finding the file. Do i have to rename it?
Forgot. There seems to be a small bug in their installer that causes ISO files not to show up when you browse for them. The way around that is to navigate to where the ISO is, and in the area below, where the selected file shows up, start typing the name of the file. It should start to autocomplete. Just click the autocompleted entry and click open.

EVO 3D: HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit // Ultimate Recovery Tool[BOX] Live CD (Available in Post #3)
The Following User Says Thank You to closeone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinc3stylez
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Thanks, its installing now. Might not get the time to try it until tomorrow morning though

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Scratch that it did the exact thing as when i mounted it. I can browse the contents of the ISO but how do I execute it?

closeone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks, its installing now. Might not get the time to try it until tomorrow morning though

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 AM ----------

Scratch that it did the exact thing as when i mounted it. I can browse the contents of the ISO but how do I execute it?
I'm sorry. This is a live Linux distro. It's specially created to help automate certain steps (Step 1, Step 3) in Unknownforce's post. You'll reboot your computer with that flash drive in, and it should boot into the live environment. Use the README file on the desktop for more information.

Hope this helps.
~co~

The Following User Says Thank You to closeone For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vinc3stylez
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone View Post
I'm sorry. This is a live Linux distro. It's specially created to help automate certain steps (Step 1, Step 3) in Unknownforce's post. You'll reboot your computer with that flash drive in, and it should boot into the live environment. Use the README file on the desktop for more information.

Hope this helps.
~co~
It didnt boot into it. Ill burn it sometime tomorrow. thanks for your help

MagPez77
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I burned it to a cd but it won't boot into it. I have the same problem with ubuntu.

closeone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoricuaMaton View Post
I burned it to a cd but it won't boot into it. I have the same problem with ubuntu.
Is it just booting into your main operating system? If that's the case, it could be one of two things.

Your BIOS isn't set to check for bootable CDs before going straight to your main operating system. In that case, you will either have to find the key for the boot menu when your computer is booting, and have it boot from the CD, or go into your BIOS and make sure that your CD-ROM drive is set to boot before your hard drive.

Also. Did you burn the ISO to the disc using a dedicated program for burning ISO image files, or did you just burn the ISO file to the disc? If you just burned the ISO file to the CD, that won't work. You will need to use the image burn feature of your CD burning software to burn the image. If you are running Windows 7, there is one built in. Right-click on the ISO file -> Open With -> Windows Disc Image Burner.

~co~

MagPez77
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I checked the Boot options and CD-Rom is first and I used the Right click open with windows Burn image but still goes to windows 7 instead of booting from the CD. I know there's something wrong with my PC not your method.

Tags
downgrade, live cd