Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 37,725 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TOOL] HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit Live CD (or USB) - Free Your Phone. S-OFF.

Tip us?

closeone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBERG117 View Post
Ok i think it never bricked or it did and now its by some way come back to life... now it made it past the boot screen to a operating phone .....so i assume it never bricked right? odd because it was dead for a while, really i did nothing to alter it.... So now im back in bootloader and the zip file has done its thing again ....so my next move is to repeat the brick faze till it bricks right? Sorry for all this but i was really stuck a little while ago..all the help is appreciated....
Before you do anything, what HBOOT version number shows at the top? 1.40 or 1.50?

If it's 1.40, then you've downgraded, if it's 1.50, you may.

In fact, what does the the bootloader say at the top exactly?

~co~

I am happy to help whenever I can.
If I make a mistake, I do sincerely apologize.

If I have helped you, let me know! It means a lot, and I love to hear it.

EVO 3D: HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit // Ultimate Recovery Tool[BOX] Live CD (Available in Post #3)
EVO 4G LTE: UR/EVO 4G LTE - A light Sense ROM with some small, unique twists.

closeone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Elite_The_King. View Post
Well its how I did it on mines doing the uninstaller wasn't really working so deleted them then the ran the uninstaller and rebooted and installed all over again and work. But I guess you could do it that way, if doesn't then... I have winXP I really don't like but ehhhh.
That's fair. I recommend uninstalling any program normally if you can. If you can't, then you can take more interesting measures.

~co~

EVO 3D: HBOOT Downgrade Toolkit // Ultimate Recovery Tool[BOX] Live CD (Available in Post #3)

SBERG117
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone View Post
Before you do anything, what HBOOT version number shows at the top? 1.40 or 1.50?

If it's 1.40, then you've downgraded, if it's 1.50, you may.

In fact, what does the the bootloader say at the top exactly?

~co~
I edited my above post but yea it says hboot 1.40.000 ship s-on...

dannyboyex
Old
Thanks Meter 46
*sigh* I guess ill just hit up craigslist and see if I can get a half decent phone until my contract is up. Thanks for the help guys

FreEvo 2.3d
Sony Brava Engine d-_-b

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Yup you need to run that RUU so I reckon you uninstall the HTC drivers and then reboot the computer with out any usb connected to it and run the the HTC exe then connected if ask you that it needs the the software CD just give its path should be C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files\

closeone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You've been downgraded (that's good)! No more bricking required. Now, go ahead and run the 1.13 RUU all the way through.

~co~

.Elite_The_King.
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboyex View Post
*sigh* I guess ill just hit up craigslist and see if I can get a half decent phone until my contract is up. Thanks for the help guys

FreEvo 2.3d
Sony Brava Engine d-_-b
Can you give us a complete breakdown of whats going on of whats working and what you've try'd so far.

closeone
Old
(Last edited by closeone; 22nd April 2012 at 05:38 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboyex View Post

FreEvo 2.3d
Sony Brava Engine d-_-b
I really wish I knew what had happened. I am really sorry that it had happened too.

How would you feel about shipping the phone away to me (or Unknownforce if he wants to take a look at it) to take a look at it? It may be a lost cause, but there's a chance I might be able to revive it (depending on how it was bricked). I would also get in touch with Unknownforce (he knows the phone hardware way better than I do) and see if it is even worth shipping or if it's completely dead.

~co~

SBERG117
Old
(Last edited by SBERG117; 22nd April 2012 at 05:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by closeone View Post
You've been downgraded (that's good)! No more bricking required. Now, go ahead and run the 1.13 RUU all the way through.

~co~
No dice ....i assume it has to be the exe i have...it just wont read the phone...I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and nothing...error code 170... I went to device manager and phone is listed under android usb devices...I mean i know its connected and being read by my pc...If you have a alternate link for the file id appreciate it ...Itried the one in post 3 i believe towards the bottom and it gave a me a download time of 2 hours...something shorter would be nice..lol...thnx

Ad how do i disable standy and hibernation mode? Honestly didnt think that mattered but im willing to try anything at this point...

closeone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No dice ....i assume it has to be the exe i have...it just wont read the phone...I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and nothing...error code 170... I went to device manager and phone is listed under android usb devices...I mean i know its connected and being read by my pc...If you have a alternate link for the file id appreciate it ...Itried the one in post 3 i believe towards the bottom and it gave a me a download time of 2 hours...something shorter would be nice..lol...thnx
I posted this in another thread, so I'll just recycle some text.

Go ahead and run the RUU like this. Go ahead and start the installer. When it's all loaded up, press your Windows key + R together. That will bring up the run dialog. Type in this exactly: %temp%

This will open up your temporary directory. Find the folder that contains the file: rom.zip

Rename rom.zip to PG86IMG.zip and copy it to your SD card.

Make sure that your phone is plugged into wall power. Power on your phone (into the bootloader) and let it search the PG86IMG.zip file. Press volume up (+) to flash it.

~co~

Tags
downgrade, live cd