[KERNEL/RECOVERY][ICS] Rogue *Stock FC22* (New 3/24/12)

26th March 2012, 11:10 PM   |  #41  
dallas, tx
Thanks Meter: 239

1,310 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc

Just some experiences to share:

Was on stock rooted EL29 GB. Flashed to Agat's latest themed FC22 with only doing a cache and dalvik wipe. Actually worked pretty well after I did some cleanup. However, there were a few glitches so I wanted to go back to my nand of EL29. I was too lazy to Odin back to a EL26/29 rom so I just took the plunge and restored my EL29 nandroid using this recovery. There was no problem.

Long story short is I belive that flashing back and forth between GB and ICS rooms is fine as long as both are TW based. Once you throw anything AOSP in there things have a potential for brickage. Mind you, this is only my experience.

PPL don't follow proper steps it Cleary said on op that to flash this ROM up have to go back to proper clockwork mod or flash cm7 or miui which has the right clockwork mod to flash Cm9 or other aosp rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
27th March 2012, 12:34 AM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 20

125 posts
is it okay to use this kernel with the CM9 Alpha 1 that darchstar posted up this past weekend? Obviously, I know I can't use this to flash CM9, but I'm referring to using it after the fact.
27th March 2012, 12:45 AM   |  #43  
Flag Maryland, USA
Thanks Meter: 359

4,909 posts
More
Does this recovery break anything in the CNA ROM? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24079028
27th March 2012, 09:55 PM   |  #44  
Flag Queens NYC
Thanks Meter: 64

288 posts
More
Thanks Steady. Just Odin Flashed this...I got the yellow triangle back, but no biggie...would rather have CWM and the yellow triangle than no CWM.

THANKS AGAIN.
27th March 2012, 10:47 PM   |  #45  
Flag near Cincinnati, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,842

2,544 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruxoli

Thanks Steady. Just Odin Flashed this...I got the yellow triangle back, but no biggie...would rather have CWM and the yellow triangle than no CWM.

THANKS AGAIN.

If you prefer using Odin over flashing in CWM, try using mobile Odin to flash a kernel, you will not get the yellow triangle. I don't think it will get rid of it if you currently have it, but once you get rid of it, you can keep it away by using mobile Odin. It also doesn't make your Odin count go up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to blackcanopy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th March 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #46  
Thanks Meter: 312

966 posts
In case anybody's wondering.. this thing rocks on cm9. 4000+ quads(not that that matters or anything) just buttery goodness!

28th March 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #47  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,838

4,757 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruxoli

THANKS AGAIN.

If you Auto Root Option D to install fc22+cwm-rogue you won't get the yellow triangle. Mobile Odin works too. Both assume you are already rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to sfhub For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #48  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 169

1,057 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfhub

If you Auto Root Option D to install fc22+cwm-rogue you won't get the yellow triangle. Mobile Odin works too. Both assume you are already rooted.

Hey man, can I use your method on top of CM9?...when adding FC22+CWM-Rogue
28th March 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #49  
Thanks Meter: 13

118 posts
More
This kernel seems to drain my battery much faster than the fc22 packed in the 325 cm9. It appears the governor is keeping the processor running too high when the screen is on. I flashed back to the cm9 325 kernel and it goes down to 200 correctly just like it did before flashing.

I do use a lwp. Possibly this kernel is not handling it correctly? Looking at CPU spy it is going down when the screen is off correctly. My battery dropped 20% in an hour with the screen barely on. Yesterday on the previous kernel I made it 16 hours with use.
28th March 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #50  
Flag greenwich ct
Thanks Meter: 125

990 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oiad

This kernel seems to drain my battery much faster than the fc22 packed in the 325 cm9. It appears the governor is keeping the processor running too high when the screen is on. I flashed back to the cm9 325 kernel and it goes down to 200 correctly just like it did before flashing.

I do use a lwp. Possibly this kernel is not handling it correctly? Looking at CPU spy it is going down when the screen is off correctly. My battery dropped 20% in an hour with the screen barely on. Yesterday on the previous kernel I made it 16 hours with use.

Have you tried going to fc18 I set clock to 800 Max min 200 and and its at 800 on avg 43% of the time and the rest of the time lower . I'm using codename and I did see what you are saying sitting at 1200 ..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread