[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Tip us?

Aairman23
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1416056
Edit: That's the EL26 + CWM thread. Some reason the XDA app didn't do the reply like I asked.

Sent from the ether.
thanks, for some reason the one touch odin method keeps making the sprint 4g boot animation to loop endlessly....even after I re-flashed.... I'll try the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in regular odin. Ihope that works cause I'm out of options at this point and my phone will not boot

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aairman23 View Post
thanks, for some reason the one touch odin method keeps making the sprint 4g boot animation to loop endlessly....even after I re-flashed.... I'll try the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in regular odin. Ihope that works cause I'm out of options at this point and my phone will not boot
ok so the 4g sprint screen keeps looping, even after using regular odin and the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in the PDA slot. Everything passes fine (no errors), but both methods cause and endless sprint 4g boot loop. What are my options at this point?

patach
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Just from other people's experiences, would having 4G all the time for this ROM get around the same kind of battery life as say... an unmodded version of the E4GT? If so, I'm jumping on board this week!

es0tericcha0s
Old
(Last edited by es0tericcha0s; 4th April 2012 at 03:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

ok so the 4g sprint screen keeps looping, even after using regular odin and the stockCWM-el26.tar.md5 file in the PDA slot. Everything passes fine (no errors), but both methods cause and endless sprint 4g boot loop. What are my options at this point?
Only thing I can think of would be to do a complete Odin - rom/kernel/ etc. I'm pretty new to the SG2 world though. Rooted a couple and just picked mine up the other day since my beloved Evo 3D was stolen. :/ I believe your 2 main choices would be:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1433101

or

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1416477

Then you could Odin the CMW EL 26 kernel for CM9 and reflash the rom.
Need some help, advice, something fixed? Hit me up on Hangouts @ es0tericcha0s
Now offering unlocking services - including many Sprint phone unlocks! PM for details!

HTC Droid Eris / Motorola Droid / Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate / Motorola Droid X / LG G2x / HTC Evo 3D (x2) / Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Sprint S2) / HTC Amaze / Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) / Samsung Galaxy Note 2 / Nexus 4 / HTC One / Samsung Galaxy S4 / Sony Xperia ZL / Nexus 5 / OnePlus One (64 GB)

bavarianblessed
Old
(Last edited by bavarianblessed; 4th April 2012 at 03:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:

It sounds to me that you are flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel and trying to boot afterwards. If that's the case then that is your problem. Sorry if I'm reading it wrong but you absolutely cannot boot into any ICS ROM running a GB kernel.

You may want to try this method instead, it's worked for me every time I flash CM9 or CM7.
  • Make sure to have Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script on the SD along with the ROM and gapps package.
  • After flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel boot into recovery.
  • Flash Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script.
  • Flash the ROM.
  • Flash the gapps package.
  • Reboot.

Again I apologize if this is all common knowledge for you. It works perfectly for me every time though so I thought I would share.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bavarianblessed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aairman23
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianblessed View Post
It sounds to me that you are flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel and trying to boot afterwards. If that's the case then that is your problem. Sorry if I'm reading it wrong but you absolutely cannot boot into any ICS ROM running a GB kernel.

You may want to try this method instead, it's worked for me every time I flash CM9 or CM7.
  • Make sure to have Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script on the SD along with the ROM and gapps package.
  • After flashing the stock EL26CWM kernel boot into recovery.
  • Flash Calk's_FORMAT_ALL script.
  • Flash the ROM.
  • Flash the gapps package.
  • Reboot.

Again I apologize if this is all common knowledge for you. It works perfectly for me every time though so I thought I would share.
finally got back to CM9w/GPS lock!!!!!

After numerous boot loops from auto root, one touch odin, and regular odin, I finally went back into recovery, factory wipe, then installed gunslinger, then install unammed ROM, then got a lock in google maps, power off, then followed the CM9 flash instructions again. Now I'm all good, but wasted 3 hours that I could have been working (which is my loss since I'm self-employed) However, now I have GPS on CM9, so I'm content. Thanks to everyone who helped I really appreciate it.

SantinoInc
Old
Thanks Meter 717
Has anyone experienced a problem with the Amazon app (regular amazon not appstore) When I run the app for more than a minute or two the screen freezes and the phone becomes totally unresponsive. Only option is to rip the battery. Anyone experience this? Any fix?
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2

kiekan
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
EL26 is a Gingerbread kernel. It won't boot CM9. Thats why your bootlooping. You're only flashing it for the custom recovery. Soon as you flash it, instead up booting up like normal, press and hold volume up and power and hold it until you see CWM.

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
Do we have the problem we had in gingerbread where 1x would disguise itself as 3g?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

brooksyx
Old
Thanks Meter 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinaldistic View Post
Do we have the problem we had in gingerbread where 1x would disguise itself as 3g?

No, aosp ice scream sandwich correctly displays 1x vs 3g. You can often notice it drop to 1x right after you send an SMS or end a phone call.

Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..

djkraemer
Old
Thanks Meter 14
This is a fantastic ROM and I'm experiencing no major issues with it.

It's fast, responsive, and has decent battery life on my device (similar to Caulk's ROM'S).

I had an issue with the market not syncing my purchases after a full wipe Install, but a reboot fixed it.

With that said, DO NOT FLASH A KERNEL OR MODEM FROM ONE OF CAULK'S ROM'S TO THIS ROM. YOU WILL BRICK YOUR DEVICE.

If you want the newest kernel, use the one posted by the OP a few posts back.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=978

Thank you for all of the hard work. This is my new daily driver. I can't wait to get a proper cm9 kernel.
Phone: AT&T Motorola Moto X (Black)
Unrooted and Locked.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe