Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Tip us?

ffolkes
Old
Thanks Meter 1,418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0tes View Post
That would make sense because I noticed the bug didn't occur until after I lowered my screen density.

However, I just tried changing back to the default 240, but still the same results...
Sometimes it can take a while for the change to take effect. I'm not sure why, but a while ago I reverted to 240, cleared the cache/app data, rebooted, even repeated a few times, and it didn't help. I gave up, but when I checked half an hour later, all the apps were back again.

For those changing their DPI, I recommend using this version of the Play Store: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1580827
The Following User Says Thank You to ffolkes For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slick4mitch
Old
Thanks Meter 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by riassan View Post
If FD24 CM9 Kernel is needed
I'll post it give me a sec
Here is CM9 FS24 tar. Flash as normal in odin

http://min.us/mIV36UNd4

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Its not working, the link.

reinaldistic
Old
Thanks Meter 177

DONATE TO ME
we need to get with the xda team, the wiki still redirects the thread link of cm9 to darchstar's unofficial pre-alpha rom thread

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

riassan
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick4mitch View Post
Its not working, the link.
Posted another link, for some reason minus uploads are only downloading with minus app???

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to riassan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrlswltrs
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1231 View Post
Ya I know that. It changes when the screen goes to sleep. It stays its in that mode just the color does not look as vibrant. So I go into the modes and change it to a different mode and then put it back into dynamic and the color starts to pop again till I turn my screen off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA
This is the second issue I have seen where settings don't work after the screen is turned off and back on.

1. Color mode
2. Notification volume

Only things that bug me about this rom.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD
Nexus4, PA 3.0 ROM

Cr-48 Laptop
Windows 7 netbook
iPad 2

onimike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I recently upgraded from Alpha 1 to Alpha 3 and everything seems to working just fine.

What modem are you guys having success with? I was on EL29 forever and getting crap speeds, and I flashed to FD19 modem and have even worse speeds.

mattykinsx
Old
Thanks Meter 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by onimike View Post
I recently upgraded from Alpha 1 to Alpha 3 and everything seems to working just fine.

What modem are you guys having success with? I was on EL29 forever and getting crap speeds, and I flashed to FD19 modem and have even worse speeds.
Honestly man, although people report 'great' speeds with FD19... the differences in most are minute.

Just because a modem is leaked doesn't even mean there's any changes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
R.I.P. Dad 05/04/56 - 04/21/11

krazyflipj
Old
Thanks Meter 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by onimike View Post

I suggest testing out all of them and use the one that's works best for you

AT&T HTC ONE

SantinoInc
Old
Thanks Meter 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattykinsx View Post
Honestly man, although people report 'great' speeds with FD19... the differences in most are minute.

Just because a modem is leaked doesn't even mean there's any changes.

I suspect this to be true just based on the file sizes alone (which are pretty much identical) not to mention performance, which for me, hasn't varied a whole lot from modem to modem.

Unrelated: I just flashed the new rooted "leaked build" which some are saying may be the new OTA and I'm just not impressed. I was expecting EVERYTHING to be working and one of the first things I tried was CHROME. It was more buggy and just plain froze on me every time I attempted to use it. It is way more functional on here. Not too mention all the stupid stock apps and widgets your greeted with and the DPI that looks childish when compared to stock CM9. Long story short I flashed back to this (note: I find that if you want to restore a nandroid of CM9 obviously you have to go into EL26 recovery and RESTORE the backup but less obviously in order for ME to get it work I had to reflash the whole rom in order to boot up otherwise my restored CM9 nandroid wouldn't boot)
Free 15GB storage plus an additional 5GB for using my referral link. You can also get an additional 5GB for every person you get to join! Of course it has a Android app with features such as automatically syncing any photos/videos you have recently taken when you are on WiFi. Give it a shot!
https://copy.com?r=yxvvP2
The Following User Says Thank You to SantinoInc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neuteboomt
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantinoInc View Post
I suspect this to be true just based on the file sizes alone (which are pretty much identical) not to mention performance, which for me, hasn't varied a whole lot from modem to modem.

Unrelated: I just flashed the new rooted "leaked build" which some are saying may be the new OTA and I'm just not impressed. I was expecting EVERYTHING to be working and one of the first things I tried was CHROME. It was more buggy and just plain froze on me every time I attempted to use it. It is way more functional on here. Not too mention all the stupid stock apps and widgets your greeted with and the DPI that looks childish when compared to stock CM9. Long story short I flashed back to this (note: I find that if you want to restore a nandroid of CM9 obviously you have to go into EL26 recovery and RESTORE the backup but less obviously in order for ME to get it work I had to reflash the whole rom in order to boot up otherwise my restored CM9 nandroid wouldn't boot)
Could you have just flashed a Alpha 3 kernel to get it to boot? This worked for me when flashing the tablet mode zip. I went to EL26 | cleared cache, dev | then rebooted in download mode and flashed the latest kernel for this rom.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe