Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,619 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Tip us?

boliviano3
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjwaggsrx8 View Post
Yeah I appreciate the response but that is not what I'm saying. I have all the settings correct(by default on cm9 they are correct) I'm saying there is a serious sleep issue on wifi. If I fully charge the phone (unplug)turn on wifi then go to bed I wake to 40% battery. However if I do the same on 3g I wake up to 90%. See what I'm saying mane. Wifi sleep issues!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
I had the same issue so I ended up starting all over again and reflashing and I'm no longer having wifi sleep issues. I know it's a pain in the ass to start from scratch but it's worth a shot.

brooksyx
Old
Thanks Meter 470
Looks like work is starting to begin on a proper kernel:

https://github.com/teamhacksung/andr...msung_smdk4210

Nice!
Boost & Virgin Mobile Epic 4g Touch CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post28439426
Virgin Mobile Epic 4g CM7 & CM9 MMS Fix: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post22403917
Coug Companion App: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...aC55a3lhY3ciXQ..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brooksyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

info[]box1
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksyx View Post
Looks like work is starting to begin on a proper kernel:

https://github.com/teamhacksung/andr...msung_smdk4210

Nice!
Right on...

-Sent from my @lmighty Epic 4G Touch powered by CM9 Alpha 1 using xda premium

Google LG D820 Nexus 5 powered by the XDA's Finest Android OS & Linaro ROM Developments

Backup 1: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Custom WM 6.5.x OS)
Backup 2: BlackBerry Bold (Custom Hybrid OS)

Tablet: Asus Transformer Pad TF300T (stock 4.2.1)

Signup for a Dropbox Account -=-=-=> Here

Dudebowski
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Flashed fine, everything works as advertised. thanks, devs. hopefully sprint sorts out this phantom vm crap soon. The kernels could use some help too... *glares menacingly at Samsung*

Fwiw, noticed partial wake lock with the media server, though could be cause righteously by streaming radio in various device states.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

pwning CM on N5
PRL:56019 (800SMR & VZW roam) (thread)
gapps:Minimal Gapps
Launcher: Nova betas (site)
Thx, devs.

timo2387
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Okay im stuck at the Welcome to SPH-D710 screen and its asking me to touch the android, but when I do I get and error message saying "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped."

I followed directions perfectly. What should I do? It wont let me progress from there??

sk63
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by timo2387 View Post
Okay im stuck at the Welcome to SPH-D710 screen and its asking me to touch the android, but when I do I get and error message saying "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped."

I followed directions perfectly. What should I do? It wont let me progress from there??
You may have a corrupt download, either CM9 or Gapps 03172012. I would verify the md5. If your download isn't corrupt I would try odin'ing back to EL26, wipe /data and /system and try flashing CM9/Gapps again. Only flash those two zips, custom kernel repacks or other tweaks should be applied later.

info[]box1
Old
Thanks Meter 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by timo2387 View Post

definitely reflash. Odin'd back to el26 and use calkulin format all zip and then manually wipe data,system,cache(s). Now reflash cm9, gapps and wipe data and cache(s). Reboot

Google LG D820 Nexus 5 powered by the XDA's Finest Android OS & Linaro ROM Developments

Megatr0n.
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'm installing this ROM as soon as the audio out works through the usb connection for the car dock. Until then, I can only remain jealous while I use the touchwiz based ROM.

Honestly, though, you guys have made incredible progress in such a short amount of time.

dschachm
Old
Thanks Meter 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatr0n. View Post
I'm installing this ROM as soon as the audio out works through the usb connection for the car dock. Until then, I can only remain jealous while I use the touchwiz based ROM.

Honestly, though, you guys have made incredible progress in such a short amount of time.
Not sure if that will ever happen. Flash the rom and put the headphone jack into the top of the phone.

info[]box1
Old
Thanks Meter 494
yeah the audio jack works just fine in all my cars.

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe