XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Motorola Wireless Keyboard with G9

Tip us?

uberNoobZA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
Default [Q] Motorola Wireless Keyboard with G9

I`ve got myself one of the Motorola Wireless Keyboards (bluetooth) and got it connected to my Archos 80 G9. (If you struggle to get it connected, follow the steps in the user guide on Connecting to a PC). It works really well, except that some of the keys do not seem to function (or to be more accurate, they function incorrrectly or the G9 does not recognize them).

In Particular -

- if I want to get a `backslash`, I am supposed to press the Fn + ` but it does not seem to do anything.
- When I press the Apps Drawer key, the G9 interprets this as the Menu key
- The G9 does not seem to know what to do when I press the menu key, so it does nothing
- Strangely enough, this keyboard is made for the Xoom and it has no Task Manager key

My question is - does anyone know how I can change the settings G9 so that can `tell it what to do` when I press certain keys ? Something like a keymapping file I can edit ?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium
Don't be shy to hit that 'Thanks' button
Current -

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Stock 4.4.2
Samsung ATIV Tablet GT-P8510 - Windows RT 8.1

Retired / Sold -
Nexus 5 | Nexus 4 | Nokia Lumia 925 | Samsung Galaxy S3 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire HD | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) | Nexus 7 (2013) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Tab | Archos 80 G9 | Asus Transformer | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000

TjaXanK
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberNoobZA View Post
I`ve got myself one of the Motorola Wireless Keyboards (bluetooth) and got it connected to my Archos 80 G9. (If you struggle to get it connected, follow the steps in the user guide on Connecting to a PC). It works really well, except that some of the keys do not seem to function (or to be more accurate, they function incorrrectly or the G9 does not recognize them).

In Particular -

- if I want to get a `backslash`, I am supposed to press the Fn + ` but it does not seem to do anything.
- When I press the Apps Drawer key, the G9 interprets this as the Menu key
- The G9 does not seem to know what to do when I press the menu key, so it does nothing
- Strangely enough, this keyboard is made for the Xoom and it has no Task Manager key

My question is - does anyone know how I can change the settings G9 so that can `tell it what to do` when I press certain keys ? Something like a keymapping file I can edit ?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695936
[You need Root to do this]

Hope this helps,
Tom
HTC Desire C
> CM 10 with some presonal Tweaks
Archos 80G9 Turbo 16GB
> CM 10.1 Android 4.2.2
The Following User Says Thank You to TjaXanK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

uberNoobZA
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 256
I'll have a look. Thanks

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using XDA Premium HD app
Don't be shy to hit that 'Thanks' button
Current -

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Stock 4.4.2
Samsung ATIV Tablet GT-P8510 - Windows RT 8.1

Retired / Sold -
Nexus 5 | Nexus 4 | Nokia Lumia 925 | Samsung Galaxy S3 | HTC Desire | HTC Desire HD | Samsung Galaxy S2 | Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) | Nexus 7 (2013) | Nexus 7 (2012) | Samsung Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Tab | Archos 80 G9 | Asus Transformer | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8000