[Q] Motorola Wireless Keyboard with G9

OP uberNoobZA

25th March 2012, 01:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 321

510 posts
More
I`ve got myself one of the Motorola Wireless Keyboards (bluetooth) and got it connected to my Archos 80 G9. (If you struggle to get it connected, follow the steps in the user guide on Connecting to a PC). It works really well, except that some of the keys do not seem to function (or to be more accurate, they function incorrrectly or the G9 does not recognize them).

In Particular -

- if I want to get a `backslash`, I am supposed to press the Fn + ` but it does not seem to do anything.
- When I press the Apps Drawer key, the G9 interprets this as the Menu key
- The G9 does not seem to know what to do when I press the menu key, so it does nothing
- Strangely enough, this keyboard is made for the Xoom and it has no Task Manager key

My question is - does anyone know how I can change the settings G9 so that can `tell it what to do` when I press certain keys ? Something like a keymapping file I can edit ?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium
25th March 2012, 02:51 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberNoobZA

I`ve got myself one of the Motorola Wireless Keyboards (bluetooth) and got it connected to my Archos 80 G9. (If you struggle to get it connected, follow the steps in the user guide on Connecting to a PC). It works really well, except that some of the keys do not seem to function (or to be more accurate, they function incorrrectly or the G9 does not recognize them).

In Particular -

- if I want to get a `backslash`, I am supposed to press the Fn + ` but it does not seem to do anything.
- When I press the Apps Drawer key, the G9 interprets this as the Menu key
- The G9 does not seem to know what to do when I press the menu key, so it does nothing
- Strangely enough, this keyboard is made for the Xoom and it has no Task Manager key

My question is - does anyone know how I can change the settings G9 so that can `tell it what to do` when I press certain keys ? Something like a keymapping file I can edit ?

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using xda premium

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695936
[You need Root to do this]

Hope this helps,
Tom
The Following User Says Thank You to TjaXanK For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th March 2012, 06:03 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oxford
Thanks Meter: 321

510 posts
More