Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Anker 2050mAh extended battery (same back cover)

OP xFrozen

25th March 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41

160 posts
Alright so recently I purchased the [url=http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078WL4YO] Anker 2050mAh battery. It's compatible with the T989 (Hercules) and I727 (Skyrocket). It fits in the standard battery cover.

Like my previous Anker batteries, this one arrived with 66%. I used Juice Offender to drain it to 0%, and then fully charged it.
I later used it moderately throughout the day and it lasted about 16 hours. 4 hours on 4G and 12 on Wifi. I DON'T have screenshots though. By moderate use I mean quite a lot of texts, IMs on Facebook, checking Facebook every half hour, about 30 pictures taken in 8MP resolution (without flash), a few quick calls with Google Voice, a bit of web browsing, about 30-45 minutes of gaming, and a few YouTube videos streaming on 4G in high quality.

The next day, I used it on a full charge. The screenshots are attached. I used it moderately/heavily this time. About 3 hours on 4G and 10 on Wifi. More texts, IMs, pictures, 6-7 minutes of HD video recording, streamed more YouTube videos in high quality on 4G, an hour of gaming, some web browsing and dictionary use, and 2 very short calls. As you can see in the screenshots, my phone was awake quite a lot.

NOTE ABOUT THE SCREENSHOTS: The battery isn't at 81%. It really died, and when I put my stock battery in, the battery stats continued (which is really strange) so that's when I took the screenshots. If you look at the chart you can see it went all the way down and then a sudden rise up to 81% at the very end.

Note 2: When Wifi was on, I was using Wifi calling, so the phone signal was turned off.

Note 3: This is on rooted stock ROM + stock kernel, with almost all bloatware removed.

Here you can save money by buying two batteries + the universal Anker battery charger. The charger can charge almost any smartphone battery by lining up the metal contacts properly. It can take power by plugging it in a wall outlet or by a USB cable connected to a PC or wall outlet. It can also charge a phone by connecting a micro USB cable from it to the phone. So you can charge two batteries at once.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120324-194624.jpg
Views:	2299
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	964859   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120324-194629.jpg
Views:	2099
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	964860   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20120324-194632.jpg
Views:	1891
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	964861  
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to xFrozen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2012, 04:58 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Awesome,thanks for the review!
28th March 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #3  
Flag Houston, TX

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
This is great.

I used Anker 1900mAh for my sensation and it significantly increased battery life compared to HTC battery. Hope this battery does the same to my T989!

Update: I just bought one. Will try it for few days and update here on how it works!
Last edited by bix73; 28th March 2012 at 06:12 AM.
28th March 2012, 07:54 AM   |  #4  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix73

This is great.

I used Anker 1900mAh for my sensation and it significantly increased battery life compared to HTC battery. Hope this battery does the same to my T989!

Update: I just bought one. Will try it for few days and update here on how it works!

I'll be watching this thread. I've been wanting to get this, but this is the only review I've found so far.

One thing that caught my eye is that Ankor says "Keep the battery power between 5%-95%", but i like to plug in my phone/battery and just let it charge while i sleep or whatever. I wonder if my habits of just letting it charge until i unplug it will negatively effect the life of the battery.
28th March 2012, 08:25 AM   |  #5  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix73

This is great.

That's Great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by okbye

I'll be watching this thread. I've been wanting to get this, but this is the only review I've found so far.

One thing that caught my eye is that Ankor says "Keep the battery power between 5%-95%", but i like to plug in my phone/battery and just let it charge while i sleep or whatever. I wonder if my habits of just letting it charge until i unplug it will negatively effect the life of the battery.

Things become abnormal when too overly do. I suppose this is the common rule.
Some batteries may not have the "overcharge protection", and if it is not protected, battery life will be shortened. And for me, even if the battery is protected, I will still use it with care.
28th March 2012, 03:47 PM   |  #6  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 618

2,533 posts
More
whoever tests this out, can you guys also use DISPLAY ON TIME and VOICE TIME if you use that. (2 main factors)
28th March 2012, 05:09 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 48

136 posts
What type of usage did you get with the stock battery? At that price I may pick one up.
I'm running an aftermarket rom and tend to get that already, but I'm not too sure what stock debloated is capable of with the normal battery. it's Amazon prime too, so i might order it tonight and see how it does this weekend.
EDIT: Damn, or for $10 more a second and a charger. 2 of my immediate family use this phone.... hm....
Further edit:
would this one fit?
http://www.amazon.com/Extended-Batte...xp_grid_pt_1_0
Last edited by asting; 28th March 2012 at 05:24 PM.
29th March 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #8  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
Thanks for posting this, just ordered a pair.

Looks promising.
30th March 2012, 02:20 PM   |  #9  
Flag nj
Thanks Meter: 180

1,139 posts
More
I got about 23hours on one charge off these batteries

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
30th March 2012, 07:15 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 30

123 posts
Is it worth it for the extra 200 mAh?

And in the description for the batteries, Anker says:

Quote:

Using Tips:
- Keep the battery power between 5%-95%.
- Avoid overcharge and over discharge. Please stop charging when the battery is 100% charged.

Should we maintain batteries like this because I heard otherwise?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2050mah, anker, extended
Previous Thread Next Thread