Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,760 Members 48,413 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Problem connecting tethered network

Tip us?

Xylian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Problem connecting tethered network

I'm tethering a connection with my Xperia X10 using 'Wifi Tether for root users' app. I'm sure it work's fine cause I'm able to connect to this network via laptop or another android phone. What I'm not able to do is connect to this network from my Transformer. I click on the network and it just changes the state to Remembered but it won't connect to it no matter how many times I cick the thing.

Have any of you managed to solve this already?

I'm running an official ICS, no root or stuff. Completly clean.

baseballfanz
Old
Thanks Meter 1,711
What type of hotspot is it putting out? Ad hoc?

Xylian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I think so

MikeGyver
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I don't know if it can help, but the issue you describe is exactly the one I had when I used my HTC Sensation (with any ICS custom ROM) as a Wifi AP : I could browse the web from any peripheral connected to the "HTC Portable Hotspot"... except from my TF101 !

I thought the problem came from the TF101 itself (and I'm still thinking it...), but curiously I solved it by flashing my HTC Sensation back to stock ROM (Android 2.3.4) !

Now my TF101 can browse the web through my Sensation like any other device...

Xylian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I'm still thinking it's Transformer. I was flashing several softs before I started posting. It was always only the bloody transformer that couldn't connect... funny thing is that exactly week ago on the exactly same ICS I've managed to connect. Then it started to fail.

jerrykur
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I thin your router needs to support Infrastructure and not adhoc networks to work wth the transformer.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Xylian
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Dude - it's a phone, not a router. It supports ad-hoc only. And as I said - it worked ocassionally. Myabe it's a reason to call a guarantee services?

FabMaurice
Old
Thanks Meter 1
if your TF is already rooted, then try the free app wifiadhocenabler from the market. i used this for my galaxy s2 because samsung disabled adhoc connections.

AyDee
Old
Thanks Meter 880

DONATE TO ME
I can connect to my x10 just fine using the native tethering (via settings). I am still on HC though...

Sent from my X10a using The Force

Radiofodder
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I'm just a user, but I had the same problem when I was running Gingerbread on my HTC Legend. Now, there aren't really any proper drivers for that on Gingerbread, so it was done ad-hoc. When I updated to ICS on the TF101 it lost the ability to connect to ad-hoc hotspots. Installing a ROM that uses Froyo fixed it.

I think Prime users faced the same issue, but managed to enable ad-hoc support. Root on the tablet was of course needed.