Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[APP] Comx Reader v1.2

OP dieguz

25th March 2012, 10:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 3

6 posts
More
Comx Reader version 1.2 has been released.

Comx Reader is your best choice if you like reading comics. Create your comics collection on your phone and read them in mobility. Comx Reader handles comics in CBR, CBZ and Zip format. Put the comics files on your SkyDrive space and download them directly in your collection. Then organize the file inside folders, put your preferred ones in a dedicated space.

Comx Reader is available in 3 language: English, Italian, Spanish (translated by humans, not by automatic translators!), it doesn't have limitations on number of comics you can keep in collection, it supports natively SkyDrive. It comes in two versions: a free version with ads, or if you prefer to not see ads, a paid version for just 0.99$ (or 0,99). The paid version has a trial version also, that doesn't expire but shows ads (it's like the free version).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dieguz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
My friend has a WP7 phone and loves manga, I'll share this with him now. Good stuff!
5th April 2012, 12:59 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
I would like, if possible, to help in translation to other languages. I can translate from English to Brazilian Portuguese so you could be able to share it in brazilian market place.
5th April 2012, 01:41 PM   |  #4  
Flag InMyHead
Thanks Meter: 7,651

5,843 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'd offer to do the German translations if you're interested. Contact me on PM if U like. Cool App! Thanks.
Regards,
Sneaky

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
5th April 2012, 03:28 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Eskilstuna
Thanks Meter: 83

619 posts
Donate to Me
More
I could help in translating to Swedish
6th April 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
Ok, bought the application and it's pretty decent but some essential function are missing and it has many design problems. Here some suggestions for the author:

Missing function
Go to page - Last and first page are useful but most time you need to go to other pages
Scale factor (number & fit to page options) - it's stupid that the app resize every single page to the default value, in a comics reader a customization of this parameter is essential
Gesture - tap to show info, slide to change page, in a similar way to comix app.
Download in background - or at least under the lockscreen. Because it's very frustrating when the screen locks and you have to restart the download, even more if you are in 3g.
Log the errors - this app is overall stable (much more than comix), but i had 2 or 3 crashes. You need to print the error message so we can tell you the reason of the error.

Design issue
Title too big - if someone download your app from the store we can suppose he knows it's name. So why in the main menu the title of the app take 1/3 of the screen?! Make it smaller and use the Space better(see below).
SkyDrive menu inusable - it's a mess, font to big, label to short. In vertical orientation you can see 1, max 2 items. With the orrizzontal neither 1. Use the Space better.
progress bar during decompresion - when the download from SkyDrive ends the Phone freeze for 4-5 seconds. I suppose you are moving\decompressing the file. For a user is bad to see an app freezzed, so do that operation in background and put a progress bar

I don't give a feedback for this app, if have to do now it will be 2/5, but this app has great potential. So i want to wait to see if you can fix it.
Last edited by dejawho; 6th April 2012 at 07:45 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread