MIUI Revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kmk2k6

Apr 3, 2011
Melbourne, FL
where did livewings MIUI Revolution thread go in the dev forum? does anybody know? i know that he got banned for slapping noobs, but i just read the thread earlier and now its gone.:(

Reactions: Leon_84

Lance Uppercut

Mar 5, 2012
Please bring the thread back. Please. And Livewings too.

And since we don't have the thread I have to ask this here; Does anyone remember the recommended app for video recording? I need it badly.

Ueihtam

Jan 26, 2012
OnePlus 8T
It's not the thread the OP is talking about. But the last Livewings thread, the one in which he started insulting people, has been deleted.

Just my opinion, i've never seen so much drama on a dev forum. With lot's of dev whinning at each other with competion.

I thought android dev community and Galaxy Note users was a sort of big family. Seems i was wrong.

anilisanil

Mar 1, 2012
Pune
No this is the MIUI Livewings edition.

This was closed and MIUI revolutions was started, which eventually has been deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:

kaos_king

Sep 22, 2008
And since we don't have the thread I have to ask this here; Does anyone remember the recommended app for video recording? I need it badly.
Videocam illusion.

Why wasn't the thread just locked as it contains loads of info for the many, many people that flashed the rom!? This is ridiculous.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

anilisanil

Mar 1, 2012
Pune
Videocam illusion.

Why wasn't the thread just locked as it contains loads of info for the many, many people that flashed the rom!? This is ridiculous.

Agree completely. This is breach of trust, what happens to all those who flashed their ROM trusting XDA that the info would be there? Deleting is too big a decision, if found violating rules, the that particular post could have been deleted and thread be locked, but deleting the entire thread?:eek::(:confused:

Reactions: kaos_king

prodigiez

Nov 8, 2008
sabotage case maybe..

+1 bring back the thread... im stuck with this rom..need the guide and fix in the thread..

anshoo

Aug 31, 2011
+1

Please bring that thread back. Deleting a thread that can affect so many uaers is just plain wrong. Lets not kill the existing development on our device.

Edit

Besides this rom is lovely

007shaolin

Sep 25, 2008
What did he wrote that insult people? If he insult people from beeing noob then I understand moderator, there are loots of noobs here, some of them might become a dev someday. If you start to insult people from beeing noob, then the interest for xda will collaps.

lukemo

Feb 17, 2008
Milan
Hi guys, I'm Livewings here.

Here is my official response.

To all my users, I appreciate your support.
Please tell the mods to wake up their idea and remind themselves
why are we here at XDA to pursue development of one's phone.

I apologise for slapping noobs but this has way gone too far.

Peace out.

wuala [dot] com/Livewings/MIUI%20Revolution/
Mods you made a great mistake banning LW and above all deleting his thread. Absurd. Please LW keep on with your fantastic job and tell us Please how to follow you in these days. I would like to go on with your roms but we need support thanks

anshoo

Aug 31, 2011
Agreeed that the mods had to take some action. But deleting the thread and banning the user is no solutiom to a problem at hand. All posts can be deleted instead that exhibit such behavior.

Just saying that there are better steps to take when things go south.

Reactions: returnzer0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    insulting noobs :D

I think the persons who runs this board just see only one side of XDA.
    Sure XDA is a place where people develop ROMs. But XDA is also a place where people are learning. So there has to be teachers and scholars.

To me it seems, that Livewings is very young. At this point you(the mods) have a clear educational responsibility concerning the subject ethics. If you like or not, its your job to give him the skills for handling users, because also you(and the other devs here) helped him to earn the skills to build ROMs. Just simple.

(Especially when he is such a good scholar in the technical subjects :D)

Hell, give him a headnut and finish that, so we can continue business as usual.

Regards
    Ralph
    Thread Closed

Unfortunately i am unable to go into details about individual bans, but i will say nobody gets banned for a small infraction. There is always a very good reason for a user to get banned.

I feel many of the remarks here are very short sighted, as members you do not have access to the reasons behind this decision. We have all of the evidence, it was closely scrutinised, and the moderation team felt this decision was justified. We cant allow the rules to be broken just because one feels they are above the rules whoever they may be.

As Mods we work hard to keep this site running smoothly, working closely with developers to help them do there work. All mods know that its the developers that make XDA. Insulting us is not going to do anybody any favours.

There is a appeal process, if a member feels the decision was to harsh.​
    where did livewings MIUI Revolution thread go in the dev forum? does anybody know? i know that he got banned for slapping noobs, but i just read the thread earlier and now its gone.:(
    Videocam illusion.

Agree completely. This is breach of trust, what happens to all those who flashed their ROM trusting XDA that the info would be there? Deleting is too big a decision, if found violating rules, the that particular post could have been deleted and thread be locked, but deleting the entire thread?:eek::(:confused: