Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Kernel] ICS (3.1 and 2.6.39 versions) (V25.5 and V1.1)

OP guevor

23rd April 2012, 10:35 AM   |  #771  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suur13

To me also with 16 signal strength was lower (altough the speed might have been faster because of VENO).


yes, but iam just beside the wlan router
23rd April 2012, 12:56 PM   |  #772  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
244 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
My tab shut down in deepsleep. I think voltage for loxs frequencies is to undervolt. Before i have +50MV at 216-312-456-608...

CAn you make a v16b with best voltage for low frequencies?
23rd April 2012, 01:43 PM   |  #773  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
917 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakal

My tab shut down in deepsleep. I think voltage for loxs frequencies is to undervolt. Before i have +50MV at 216-312-456-608...

CAn you make a v16b with best voltage for low frequencies?

+1 i think you have a point, they are too low

i made an init.d script

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo "0 0 0 0 0 0 0 -50 -50 -100 -100 -100 -100" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table
which gives following higher voltages (negative in UV_mV_table means higher voltage !)

Code:
1704000 1475 1475
1640000 1450 1450
1600000 1425 1425
1504000 1350 1350
1400000 1275 1275
1200000 1100 1100
1000000 1000 1000
912000 950 1000
760000 875 925
608000 850 950
456000 800 900
312000 775 875
216000 750 850

and the SOD when inserted sd card in dock is gone.

edit: well - the fun was not long - now it lasts a little longer till SOD, after a while still SOD

still think its too low

edit2: did set the voltages higher again

Code:
echo "0 0 0 0 0 0 -50 -100 -100 -125 -150 -175 -200" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/UV_mV_table
no SOD after 20 minutes, will try longer
Last edited by woti23; 23rd April 2012 at 02:30 PM.
23rd April 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #774  
chatch15117's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 101
 
654 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
if i take the damn SD card out i dont get sleep problems. wtf man

and i mean the dock sd card, not the microsd. also the tablet doesnt have problems if i undock it
23rd April 2012, 04:18 PM   |  #775  
Nick502's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 149
 
227 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
yea, mine wakes up in sleep every 2mins or so.

Is this kernel stable enough for daily use ?
23rd April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #776  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
917 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117

if i take the damn SD card out i dont get sleep problems. wtf man

and i mean the dock sd card, not the microsd. also the tablet doesnt have problems if i undock it

with the higher voltages for the lower frequencies at works now for me with sd card in dock.

woke up after 2 hours in deep sleep without any problem
23rd April 2012, 09:54 PM   |  #777  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2008
More
Talking
Have been trying out test15 for a week now..

I can say I really love it!
Doing 7 days on a single battery load, without a single SOD and WiFi on. Have had a SD card in briefly, and I haven't got a dock.
Must say I don't really use the tablet that much (although it's a good alarm in the morning). Just love the stability.

In any way muchos better than the stock kernel.

test15 + ARHD 3.2.0
Last edited by BLAST3RR; 23rd April 2012 at 10:00 PM.
23rd April 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #778  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
58 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Using test16 kernel on ARHD 3.2.1, no problems so far, super smooth . I've noticed the default clock is 1200Mhz now. I haven't been a fan of overclocking so my question is, is it safe for daily use? Will it have any long term negative effects? I know i can return it to stock frequency but it seems overall smoother and i want to leave it like this.
23rd April 2012, 10:53 PM   |  #779  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by suur13

PM sent.

Tried test13. Same - SOD in 10 minutes.

I can really say that something is in this new suspend code with TF101G and/or dock. My tab sleeps fine with your test 11b and TestyMeh 0.8 kernel (both released before this code change). Test 13 and > or Testymeh 1.0 both produce SOD even with WAKE LOCK.

But the issue is that with your kernel I do not have CIFS and with 0.8 no 3g data.
23rd April 2012, 11:29 PM   |  #780  
db3's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag philly
Thanks Meter: 16
 
205 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saav

Using test16 kernel on ARHD 3.2.1, no problems so far, super smooth . I've noticed the default clock is 1200Mhz now. I haven't been a fan of overclocking so my question is, is it safe for daily use? Will it have any long term negative effects? I know i can return it to stock frequency but it seems overall smoother and i want to leave it like this.

I think that's been default for the last 2 versions at least. i actually increase it to 1400 and haven't had any issues at all (YMMY). It's incredibly stable. I also set the governer to conserative -- battery life has been very nice too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suur13

I can really say that something is in this new suspend code with TF101G and/or dock. My tab sleeps fine with your test 11b and TestyMeh 0.8 kernel (both released before this code change). Test 13 and > or Testymeh 1.0 both produce SOD even with WAKE LOCK.

But the issue is that with your kernel I do not have CIFS and with 0.8 no 3g data.

Try a later version. I'm on Test v15 and AOKP-33 and have not had any issues at all. it's wonderful!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes