Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Q: Can I flash UCLA3 MODEM onto ICS Kernel?

OP yahooserious

26th March 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag ARIZONA
Thanks Meter: 6

188 posts
Donate to Me
More
Title says it all. Long story short I need the ICS Modem in CWM zipable or quick instruct how to flash with odin..OR know if I can flash a ginger modem in my creamsandwich..
THanks
27th March 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag Carmichael
Thanks Meter: 232

920 posts
Donate to Me
More
I don't believe so.
Why would you want UCLA3?
27th March 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #3  
Flag Fremont, CA
Thanks Meter: 1

15 posts
More
The new ICS rom comes with a newer version of the modem called UCALC4. I don't think there's any reason why you would go back to LA3.
27th March 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 129

138 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzd

The new ICS rom comes with a newer version of the modem called UCALC4. I don't think there's any reason why you would go back to LA3.

UCALC4 increases my network speeds. You shouldn't flash the old radio it is pointless

---------- Post added at 03:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahooserious

Title says it all. Long story short I need the ICS Modem in CWM zipable or quick instruct how to flash with odin..OR know if I can flash a ginger modem in my creamsandwich..
THanks

What did you do to mess up your modem??? If you want to easily fix your phone the best thing to do is go into download mode and re-install ICS with odin. That will reflash the stock ICS radio
27th March 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #5  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 230

2,251 posts
More
I am also looking for the ICS modem files

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3#post24099193

Apologies if this counts as thread-jacking
28th March 2012, 07:29 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag ARIZONA
Thanks Meter: 6

188 posts
Donate to Me
More
I flashed UCLA3 Kernel with hopes to OC ICS to the hilt..Idiocracy I know.. Well the 3Kernel Bootlooped me so I got help in the form of the ICS Kernel in CWM flashable and fixed my loopboot but then noticed that my baseband was blank or said unknown and there were no 4g lte or bars on top so I wanted to flash a modem.
I eventually reflashed the whole package and put 5 hours+ setting up ICS to waste...Exactlly what i wanted to avoid.
I noticed the Modem has been posted a few places now btw
30th March 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 815

2,064 posts
I think this is something that should be looked into.

Obviously, just like every other aspect of this phone, some people will report better performance with the new ICS modem. If that's you...good for you! But there will be some of us that do not get better performance. I work in an area that has way better performance and connectivity with the UCLA3 modem. For me, the ICS modem is a throwback to the pre-UCLA3 modems. I've read that others have similar bad results with both towers and Wifi. And, with poor connectivity comes poor battery life!

So, I am now wondering:

A. Is (has) anyone been able to use the UCLA3 modem with the new ICS leak or ROMs?

B. Would it be possible to modify the UCLA3 modem (if it doesn't already work) so it can be used with ICS?

Thanks. The more options we can come up with to help everyone get the most out of their SkyRocket, the better off we will all be.
30th March 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 230

2,251 posts
More
Try This

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=30

uses
UCLA3

will still show up as UCLA4 under settings. Be sure to thank the poster and mention if you see a boost in performance.
30th March 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #9  
Flag Sin City
Thanks Meter: 75

444 posts
More
I tried it because of the data issues with ics that i had. Lost all data after i flashed and was baseband unknown.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
30th March 2012, 10:51 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 737

2,642 posts
Donate to Me
More
try this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=24227420

ICS Modem Files - WORKING UCAL4 Modem

near the end of the thread LeeC has posted a new UCLA3 modem that's shows up under baseband as ucla4 but is old ucla3 modem, which DOESN'T have data connectivity issues

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread