5,594,438 Members 34,142 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RECOVERY]CWM-Based Recovery 5.0.2.8 For P999(Internal & External SD)

Tip us?

hitman818
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Im getting a nvflash error when trying to install the new clockwork.
It says check apx driver and usb cable. The drivers are already installed so Im thinking its the usb cable, but not sure.

Klathmon
Old
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWBehr View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Seems strange to me that Koush made it for the O2x and not for us.
the recovery's on a different partition, might make it a pain in the ass to access the touch drivers...

or he might just like the o2x more (everyone likes those Europeans more than us anymore)

mustangtim49
Old
(Last edited by mustangtim49; 28th March 2012 at 05:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 537

DONATE TO ME
Angry Touch Recovery

I'm just gonna throw this out there, just because I wanted to try, I flashed the O2x Touch Recovery to my G2x. Everything as far as the application goes worked, touch to select, ect. The only problem is when you ask it to do something, the mounts are wrong, naturally. What I'm getting at is that both devices use cwm 5020, obviously, mounts changed. How hard would it be to decompile both versions of 5020 and apply the differences to the new touch recovery app?

p.s. for those who wonder how I flashed touch to my G2x, I just swapped out the recovery images in the one-click nvflasher, pretty simple. when you're done, put back correct file, nvflash again.

tahahawa
Old
Thanks Meter 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangtim49 View Post
I'm just gonna throw this out there, just because I wanted to try, I flashed the O2x Touch Recovery to my G2x. Everything as far as the application goes worked, touch to select, ect. The only problem is when you ask it to do something, the mounts are wrong, naturally. What I'm getting at is that both devices use cwm 5020, obviously, mounts changed. How hard would it be to decompile both versions of 5020 and apply the differences to the new touch recovery app?

p.s. for those who wonder how I flashed touch to my G2x, I just swapped out the recovery images in the one-click nvflasher, pretty simple. when you're done, put back correct file, nvflash again.
It's all in the ram disk. Just swap out the vold.fstab in the ram disk. Recovery images are simply boot.imgs.
LG P999 (No bleed or issues!)

Want to help me out? Want online storage space FREE? Want 250mb MORE storage on top of that storage? Click HERE for all that. Help me and help yourself with Dropbox!

IF I HELPED, DON'T FORGET TO PRESS THE "THANKS" BUTTON AND USE MY DROPBOX REFERRAL LINK. THANKS

Волк
Old
(Last edited by Волк; 28th March 2012 at 07:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 532

DONATE TO ME
Interesting, because the differences are only 1 partition. And using the O2x CWM to wipe /system (iirc) would just wipe our internal SD. Ours is partition 7 theirs is partition 8, our partition 8 is the internal SD. Since the phones are 99% the same, it should be that simple. and I need to get up early... I do have one untested tool for decompiling a boot.img....

@Kairi: Can you mirror this on Dropbox? Or somewhere not blocked by my work? Wifi at home is down and I am just chewing away at my data with having to tether.
Remember guys: Волк = Volk (Google it for a translation)

Devices: G2x, Nexus 7 32GB Wifi

Help me build my dedicated Linux machine here, estimated remaining cost $50.
I need RAM (DDR2), mouse , Hard drive. (Spare parts welcome).

G2x AIO wipe tool 20 November, made with AROMA and includes AROMA File manager!

G2x AIO

New 29 Sept
AIO wipe tool O2x version

6 October
AIO wipe tool G2/DZ version

Coming soon: Nexus 7 AIO (currently WIP, pm me if you're interested in helping)

missaellpzchvz
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Волк View Post
Interesting, because the differences are only 1 partition. And using the O2x CWM to wipe /system (iirc) would just wipe our internal SD. Ours is partition 7 theirs is partition 8, our partition 8 is the internal SD. Since the phones are 99% the same, it should be that simple. and I need to get up early... I do have one untested tool for decompiling a boot.img....

@Kairi: Can you mirror this on Dropbox? Or somewhere not blocked by my work? Wifi at home is down and I am just chewing away at my data with having to tether.
http://db.tt/rEpbpRfA here you go. Really interested on what you can do with it

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Klathmon
Old
Thanks Meter 230

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Волк View Post

that might work. Id try it out myself if i didn't f up my Linux install...

Nvidia graphics got the best of me there too

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
If i helped you, dont forget to hit THANKS!

secano
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Works as advertised! Thanks!

Midnight_Rider
Old
Thanks Meter 982

DONATE TO ME
works great! thanks!
-Jerry
T-Mobile Note 3
W03 Slim "The Clean AOSP"
Try my custom Anthem Gapps, based on Slim minimal for 4.4.2.
Click here to see what apps I have added (all updated 20140408)

Chrome, Drive, Newsstand, Google+, Maps, Street View, Google Search, Keep, Quickoffice, ES File Explorer, Battery Widget, Titanium Backup, HD Widgets, Equalizer Pro (free), Zedge, and the sansation font.
Download here or here

mustangtim49
Old
(Last edited by mustangtim49; 28th March 2012 at 06:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 537

DONATE TO ME
So, my idea worked? I'm not at home and since I'm a collision tech by trade, my boss don't like me playing with my phone. Volk, if you read this pm me and fill me in if you can. Thanks brother.

artifintel@ACSyndicate.net