[ROM] Working Rogers ICS CWM Flashable ZIP
First and foremost, this is not my work by any means xcrazydx posting this link to another thread about another (non-working) port.
UPDATE: Thanks to xcrazydx I've confirmed the source is cbinvb - MANY, MANY, MANY thanks to cbinvb for putting this together!
NOTE: this will wipe apps you have installed but will not wipe your internal SD card (images, etc, etc). As always, make a backup and typical caveat - I do not take responsibility for your bricked phones; the process below worked for me coming from stock Rogers 2.3.5 and has worked for others.
You can grab the CWM flashable zip file here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/6lRlUQuy/file.html?
These are the steps I took based on initial flashing by Frnicatr
1. Use Darkside Super Wipe (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1477955
2. Install ATT-ICS-Tmo-PORT_2.zip
3. Wipe Data/Factory Reset
4. Wipe Dalvik Cache
5. Fix Permissions
6. Reboot phone. First boot seemed to take awhile.
7. When you get to the AT&T Ready2Go setup screen, hit CANCEL.
8. On the following screen hit NEXT.
9. You'll see an indicator that apps are going to install. Remove your battery, reinsert and re-power up.
10. At this point you should see the "Android is upgrading applications" process running.
Not sure what step you want to do this at, maybe 2a, but there is a flashable I727UCALC4 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=5)
thanks to LeeC
, I flashed it after I was up and running and it works just fine AND shows up under Baseband version. If you don't flash this, everything works but Baseband version shows as "Unknown".
ENJOY! As far as I can tell, everything works as it should. Google Apps, Market, SMS, 4G, Wi-Fi. Can't test LTE because I don't have LTE service here yet. Market WILL update, it updated after second launch for me.
KNOWN ISSUES (some of these are known with AT&T leak as well):
1. Baseband shows up as UNKNOWN. FIX:
Install ICS modem I727UCALC4 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...28&postcount=5
)[/B] (thanks to LeeC
2. APN settings are set to rogers-core-appl1.apn, use the settings below (note APN Backup/Restore did not work - permission error with ICS); can't confirm as I don't have LTE service here but this may fix LTE issues some people are having:
Name - Rogers LTE Internet
APN - ltemobile.apn
Proxy - <not set>
Port - <not set>
Username- <Not set>
Passwors - <not set>
Server < not set>
MMSC - http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS proxy - 10.128.1.69
MMS port - 80
MMS protocol - Wap 2.0
MCC - 302
MNC - 720
Aythentication type - < not set>
APN type - internet + mms
3. Freezes on reboot and shutdown (known issue with the ODIN flash as well?) - FIX:
install Quickboot (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ions.quickboot
4. Time is off - FIX:
disable Automatic Time Zone and it should work.
5. LTE issues? FIX:
Type *#2263# and Select " LTE Band Preference" then " LTE ALL". Once you get an LTE signal, then type *#2263# again and this time Choose " Automatic" and it should work.
6. Deleting message thread from Messaging deletes thread but causes FC. FIX:
GO SMS Pro works fine.
7. Can't set scrolling wallpaper with Gallery app. FIX:
8. Can't connect to Exchange Server or doesn't sync. FIX:
Install Google Apps Device Policy https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rprise.dmagent
9. Portable hotspot doesn't work: FIX:
Install 14 Toggle Quick Panel mod and enable/disable using the Wifi Hotspot toggle. Flashed the zip here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=82
10. Some experience market issues. FIX:
Go to settings>applications>All and clear data for BOTH Google Play Store AND Google Services Framework THEN REBOOT.