OP atinm

6th April 2012, 07:44 PM   |  #991  
Flag Springfield, MO
Thanks Meter: 64

261 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturefreak85

No apps that I know of offered the option to install to external SD. They always installed and stored data on the internal card.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Correct, but quite a few apps give you the option where to store data generated by the app in other locations. If the app is creating a lot of data naturally one would want that stored to the removable media source. I have ran across this in a several different scenarios, the following being the most recent. It could totally be an issue with specific apps not being properly coded and I am sure it is but this may explain my question a bit better.

Auto Call Recorder (works like a dream) gives you the ability to select the location to save your audio files. The lowest level directory being /sdcard as the app has no root permissions making it impossible to reach the emmc folder. If /sdcard/external_sd was linked to /mnt/emmc this would solve the "compatibility" issue.

So I guess my question is has anyone else not had similar issues arise? Would anyone happen to know a work around for this? Have I just under looked and over thought?
6th April 2012, 08:13 PM   |  #992  
Boca Raton
Thanks Meter: 157

918 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude420

Correct, but quite a few apps give you the option where to store data generated by the app in other locations. If the app is creating a lot of data naturally one would want that stored to the removable media source. I have ran across this in a several different scenarios, the following being the most recent. It could totally be an issue with specific apps not being properly coded and I am sure it is but this may explain my question a bit better.

Auto Call Recorder (works like a dream) gives you the ability to select the location to save your audio files. The lowest level directory being /sdcard as the app has no root permissions making it impossible to reach the emmc folder. If /sdcard/external_sd was linked to /mnt/emmc this would solve the "compatibility" issue.

So I guess my question is has anyone else not had similar issues arise? Would anyone happen to know a work around for this? Have I just under looked and over thought?

So you are talking about programs that can save into the SD card. You can try to create a Symbolic Link yourself in the SD card, or you can just email the developer and have them offer /emmc as well. I've done this in the past with developers and had no issues. Specifically with my Atrix that I used to have. It had a unique SD card location too. ext-sd which wouldn't show up but just emailling them that you want them to offer that location as a default option got it added.

Quick Googling shows that apparently it can be done. Go through this link and see if you can do it yourself, that might be your only option

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch...t-1083308.html
Last edited by naturefreak85; 6th April 2012 at 09:09 PM.
6th April 2012, 11:06 PM   |  #993  
Thanks Meter: 117

864 posts
How do u get fb to sync?

Pics and stuff

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
6th April 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #994  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
3g vs 4g
My phone keeps dropping signal from 4g back to 3g. Also, on a speed test its only showing 1.6mbps down. I haven't changed an apn's. Can I get some help please?
6th April 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #995  
Thanks Meter: 75

345 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthesiadoc

My phone keeps dropping signal from 4g back to 3g. Also, on a speed test its only showing 1.6mbps down. I haven't changed an apn's. Can I get some help please?

where do you live. the 4g to 3g "problem" is not a problem. that is what cyanogenmod has done since cm7, i forget the reason. but when data is getting pulled it will show H when data stops it will generally go back to 3g.

the speed can just be a restriction of the place you're living in... it really depends. btw 1.6mb isnt terrible maybe compared to a big city it is but some cant break a mb...
The Following User Says Thank You to tmckenn2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #996  
Thanks Meter: 185

792 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrakifa

How do u get fb to sync?

Pics and stuff

email facebook and tell them to update their crappy app.
Last edited by nbell13; 7th April 2012 at 12:03 AM.
7th April 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #997  
Flag Somewhere between silicone and silicon valley.
Thanks Meter: 126

433 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrakifa

How do u get fb to sync?

Pics and stuff

I just started using Friendcaster this week because of the FB SNS problem. It has worked really well for me so far. It is kind of themeable so it looks sort of like black infinitum and it pushes notification which the official FB app has never done for me. So far it seems to be nice to my battery too and it syncs everything including statues to my Addressbook. Apparently they just released some big upgrade for it, I guess I switched to it at the right time. *shrug*
7th April 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #998  

13 posts
I live in the boonies in the berkshires (MA) for the next week. I will be in boston this weekend, so we'll c if it improves then. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmckenn2

where do you live. the 4g to 3g "problem" is not a problem. that is what cyanogenmod has done since cm7, i forget the reason. but when data is getting pulled it will show H when data stops it will generally go back to 3g.

the speed can just be a restriction of the place you're living in... it really depends. btw 1.6mb isnt terrible maybe compared to a big city it is but some cant break a mb...

7th April 2012, 12:13 AM   |  #999  
Flag Somewhere between silicone and silicon valley.
Thanks Meter: 126

433 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennonk

I just started using Friendcaster this week because of the FB SNS problem. It has worked really well for me so far. It is kind of themeable so it looks sort of like black infinitum and it pushes notification which the official FB app has never done for me. So far it seems to be nice to my battery too and it syncs everything including statues to my Addressbook. Apparently they just released some big upgrade for it, I guess I switched to it at the right time. *shrug*

Speaking of this...it seems odd to me that Facebook SNS seems to work fine in AOKP but not CM9. I have a nandroid of AOKP 0403 and FB SNS on there looks like it is working. Maybe it is just a priority issue. Either way Friendcaster actually seems better to me so far than the native FB app anyway.
7th April 2012, 01:05 AM   |  #1000  
Flag Las Vegas

5 posts
More
mms
I cant send mms messages on the lastest 4-5. I am running uclc2 modem and i have tried all the other modems from the main page and none work. I think it is something with my apn settings but i am not sure what to change. Any suggestion?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung
Previous Thread Next Thread