Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

dgball
Old
(Last edited by dgball; 7th April 2012 at 01:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty37 View Post
I cant send mms messages on the lastest 4-5. I am running uclc2 modem and i have tried all the other modems from the main page and none work. I think it is something with my apn settings but i am not sure what to change. Any suggestion?
Have you tried the apn settings here. There is even a flashable zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1576199

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to dgball For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdamocles
Old
(Last edited by tdamocles; 7th April 2012 at 01:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmckenn2 View Post
i dont think you're going to find someone with the no-asserts build... you can do two things, both mentioned on the thread, but ill give you the BOTD bc they are not easily searchable:

1) do as entropy stated not to long ago and delete the asserts from the Meta-inf folder. to do so, use winrar or like archiving program and delete the certs. note that if you unzip to a folder do the work and rezip i believe you will need to resign the .zip which is not an easy task if you dont have the background.
Or use 7zip and unzip. Find Meta-inf/com/google/android and find the updater-script. Open it up with an app called notepad++. Delete the assert(which should be the first few lines) and then save the file. Go back and rezip the whole directory tree from the top and try the flash again.

frosty37
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgball View Post
Have you tried the apn settings here. There is even a flashable zip.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1576199

The flashable zip gave me abort error 6, so manually entered. Internet speed is crazy fast but still no mms.....

byrddogx
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Loaded 4-5 and would work fine, but seemed to bog down after several minutes of use. Also had connection problems with both cellular and wifi. Using UCLC2.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

jnguyen12
Old
(Last edited by jnguyen12; 7th April 2012 at 02:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Anyone know how to delete the Scrapbook Photos album. Its empty and its kinda annoying. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Found a fix! Go to https://picasaweb.google.com/home and delete the picasa album.

aj9507
Old
Thanks Meter 19
just installed 4 5 today on a fresh phone and i cant get passed the cm9 splash screen anyone else get this??

AintLifeGarand
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The settings in this post worked great for me. Increased speeds and MMS is working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty37 View Post
I cant send mms messages on the lastest 4-5. I am running uclc2 modem and i have tried all the other modems from the main page and none work. I think it is something with my apn settings but i am not sure what to change. Any suggestion?

frosty37
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AintLifeGarand View Post
The settings in this post worked great for me. Increased speeds and MMS is working.
Those are same as the link dgbball posted. I am going do a full wipe re-flash 4-5, something weird must have happened. Thanks anyways

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24232

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmckenn2 View Post
where do you live. the 4g to 3g "problem" is not a problem. that is what cyanogenmod has done since cm7, i forget the reason. but when data is getting pulled it will show H when data stops it will generally go back to 3g.

the speed can just be a restriction of the place you're living in... it really depends. btw 1.6mb isnt terrible maybe compared to a big city it is but some cant break a mb...
It's called "telling the truth" and "not being broken ****". AT&T's framework LIES pure and simple and states that it is "4G" no matter what (unless going all the way back to EDGE/GPRS), even though normal operation is to idle in base UMTS mode and bump up to the faster modes when needed.

You don't want it to be staying in HSPA mode - radio power consumption skyrockets in these modes.

To say it again, in this regard: STOCK BEHAVIOR IS BROKEN.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following User Says Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aj9507
Old
Thanks Meter 19
any help?? still stuck on cyanogenmod 9 splash screen. thanks in advance...

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung