Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,216 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DISCUSSION THREAD

Tip us?

CNLiberal
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by zueda View Post
I'm using the Samsung car dock and can confirm that the audio out works great and it charges too.

Thanks Entropy and SteveUK and anyone else that helped!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
When you say that "it charges too", what are you running when you see the phone charging? I'm trying to narrow down my issues, so if you could help me, that would be very much appreciated. I've tried several different scenarios.

What Hasn't Worked (lose battery %):

1. CM Default Music app playing (up to) 256kbs MP3s. Tasker task to do: WiFi on, Bluetooth on. Then I run Navigation app.

2. CM Default Music App. New Tasker Task to do: WiFi tethering on, Bluetooth on. I run navigation app.

3. CM Default Music App. New Tasker Task: WiFi off, BT on. I run nav app.

What Has Worked (battery successfully charges):

1. CM Default Music App. New Tasker Task: WiFi Off, BT on. No Nav app.

So the obvious difference is GPS. So my question to you is, are you running Nav and having the phone charge? Are your use cases the same as mine? If so, then I need to verify the amperage passing to the car audio cable. I appreciate any input you can give me on this issue. Thanks!
Nexus 5, Rooted, Xposed Framework and Gravity Box

Nexus 7
USBROM FW, Rooted to add USB OTG + Charging for use in my Chevy Tahoe

PAST: Galaxy Nexus Maguro(GSM) CM10.2, Samsung Galaxy S2 (I777) CM9, iPhone 3GS, Motorola v3m wiped to Java FW.
Grandfathered AT&T Unlimited Data

llennium
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Probably just people having more placebo effect... One person claims improvement, everyone else thinks there's improvement.
If its a placebo effect I still say thanks because it still seems faster to me. I use Waze (good for traffic reports) when driving home and it would take 2-3 minutes to lock, not a deal breaker. Today when checking dock audio I decided to check GPS while outside and GPS status locked in 33 seconds. I previously set GPS source to internal and used GPS status to delete aGPS and then downloaded and this had no affect for me.

Again thanks for fixing dock audio and a big thanks for doing nothing to GPS.

rqthrottle
Old
(Last edited by rqthrottle; 12th April 2012 at 10:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by switters1 View Post
Agreed.
GPS takes forever to lock if at all.
EDIT: Time to lock 6 seconds with the latest nightly.

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24,360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndAllThingsWillEnd View Post
Is the dialer supposed to have the delete button on top? I thought it was supposed to be on the bottom. It works, it just looks weird to me...
Changed with Android 4.0.4

As to charging on the dock - without a doubt, it charges at 650 mA (just like on an AC charger), and it did so before the dockaudio patches. However Navigation with full screen brightness can use more than this, causing drain. No way to fix this on I9100/I777.

Reduce screen brightness, and underclock - I gain battery slowly or at least stay even if I limit CPU to 800 MHz when on AC. (Dock is treated as "AC charging")
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Entropy512 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PR-0927
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Any chance we might get an option to scroll downwards through the app drawer like CM7 allowed? Not a fan of the sideways swiping.

Big thanks to you CM9 developers - this is a beautiful ROM.

Sent from my CM9-Equipped SGH-i777

naturefreak85
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Quote:
That's actually irksome because what the heck is supposed to be in that blank space at the bottom now?

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-0927 View Post
Any chance we might get an option to scroll downwards through the app drawer like CM7 allowed? Not a fan of the sideways swiping.

Use a different Launcher I would say.

EnemyOfGlaDOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-0927 View Post

Did you try settings> launcher> drawer> transition effect. There is bunch of other options there. I use nova launcher and the option is there to change it as well. Try to change in launcher settings if not get a different launcher like Nova ..practically identical to trebuchet launcher.. they have differences but very similar!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

..New to XDA-Developers? Read This

my current devices
-OPPO X909- Omni nightlies
-Google Nexus 7 (2013 LTE)- Bone Stock
-Google Nexus 5- bone stock
-OPPO N1- Omni nightlies

GoogleNow/voice search Tricks and Tips
Need Ideas for your NFC enabled device?

thedude420
Old
Thanks Meter 64
No placebo effect here. My gps locks in 6-15 seconds consistently today where I could not even get a lock in the prior two nightlys. Didn't reset or download new data... just ran gps status..

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1334260960699.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	999616

CNLiberal
Old
(Last edited by CNLiberal; 12th April 2012 at 09:44 PM.) Reason: Found Tasker CPU settings
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:

As to charging on the dock - without a doubt, it charges at 650 mA (just like on an AC charger), and it did so before the dockaudio patches. However Navigation with full screen brightness can use more than this, causing drain. No way to fix this on I9100/I777.

Reduce screen brightness, and underclock - I gain battery slowly or at least stay even if I limit CPU to 800 MHz when on AC. (Dock is treated as "AC charging")
So I can do this with SetCPU and Tasker?

Edit: NM, I found the setting in the Task, Edit, ADD, MISC, CPU. I added CPU0 to ONDEMAND (which is apparently what the default is) and MIN to 500000 and max to 800000. I've also changed Screen Brightness to ~75% (190 of 255). We'll see if that makes a difference.
Nexus 5, Rooted, Xposed Framework and Gravity Box

Nexus 7
USBROM FW, Rooted to add USB OTG + Charging for use in my Chevy Tahoe

PAST: Galaxy Nexus Maguro(GSM) CM10.2, Samsung Galaxy S2 (I777) CM9, iPhone 3GS, Motorola v3m wiped to Java FW.
Grandfathered AT&T Unlimited Data

rqthrottle
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude420 View Post
No placebo effect here. My gps locks in 6-15 seconds consistently today where I could not even get a lock in the prior two nightlys. Didn't reset or download new data... just ran gps status..

Attachment 999616
Ok, so I have to agree with you. I just downloaded GPS status, and went to the window (I am in an office building in the city).

Time to lock: 6s.

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung