Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][SGH-I777][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 nightly builds | DEVELOPMENT THREAD

OP atinm

29th March 2012, 09:03 AM   |  #11  
5942marine's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
I had cm7 on it when I ran the extract, I just did it on that phone bricker build as well, only ended up missing one *.so, cant remember which exact file it was, had to step away. Will get back in the am.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Update: Just flashed atinm's nightly of CM9, ran extract_files.sh and no errors at all.
Last edited by 5942marine; 29th March 2012 at 04:50 PM.
29th March 2012, 08:03 PM   |  #12  
halfsoul's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 65
 
386 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5942marine

I tried to run extract-files.sh and got:

Code:
remote object '/system/lib/libGLESv2_dbg.so' does not exist
Which gave me this during compile:
Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/samsung/galaxys2-common/proprietary/libGLESv2_dbg.so', needed by `out/target/product/i777/system/lib/libGLESv2_dbg.so'.  Stop.
I have the latest repo as describe in the op. Anyone else run into this issue? Ran the extract on cm7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5942marine

I had cm7 on it when I ran the extract, I just did it on that phone bricker build as well, only ended up missing one *.so, cant remember which exact file it was, had to step away. Will get back in the am.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Update: Just flashed atinm's nightly of CM9, ran extract_files.sh and no errors at all.

Confirmed, /system/lib/libGLESv2_dbg.so does not exist in CM7 so of course it can't be extracted. Screencap of partial file list from my last nandroid on CM7 before upgrading attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	no libGLESv2_dbg.png
Views:	1280
Size:	1.7 KB
ID:	971858  
Red5
29th March 2012, 08:23 PM   |  #13  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
All non-dev related posts have been moved over to the General CM9 thread.

I guess the giant red bolded DEV tag at the top isnt obvious enough.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #14  
5942marine's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Just an update... I was compiling the latest build, and got the following error:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/samsung/galaxys2-common/proprietary/hwcomposer/lib/libfimc.so', needed by `out/target/product/i777/obj/lib/libfimc.so'.  Stop.
Now, when i ran ./extract-files, I didn't recieve any errors while it was pulling the files.

I can see that the file is in the galaxy2-common directory, under the proprietary folder.

There is not folder under proprietary /hwcomposer/lib
30th March 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 267
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5942marine

Just an update... I was compiling the latest build, and got the following error:

Code:
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/samsung/galaxys2-common/proprietary/hwcomposer/lib/libfimc.so', needed by `out/target/product/i777/obj/lib/libfimc.so'.  Stop.
Now, when i ran ./extract-files, I didn't recieve any errors while it was pulling the files.

I can see that the file is in the galaxy2-common directory, under the proprietary folder.

There is not folder under proprietary /hwcomposer/lib

This is the fix for the same issue that was present in galaxys2:
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,13935
Red5
30th March 2012, 08:21 AM   |  #16  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Posts cleaned out again. Im only going to say this one last time...
THIS THREAD IS FOR DEVELOPMENT ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT HELPING DEVELOP FOR CM9 THEN YOU SHOULD POST IN THE GENERAL THREAD, NOT THIS THREAD. ANY FURTHER NON-DEV RELATED POSTS WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATIC INFRACTION AND THEIR POST WILL BE DELETED.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th March 2012, 08:29 AM   |  #17  
5942marine's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
75 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam3000

This is the fix for the same issue that was present in galaxys2:
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,13935

Thanks, got it working.
30th March 2012, 11:26 AM   |  #18  
atinm's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,728
 
2,184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam3000

This is the fix for the same issue that was present in galaxys2:
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,13935

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,14155 fixes the same thing for i777.
30th March 2012, 11:27 AM   |  #19  
atinm's Avatar
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,728
 
2,184 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5942marine

Thanks, got it working.

Any extract-files.sh fixes you make - please gerrit them, or just send them to me directly via email if you don't know gerrit (learn Gerrit if you intend to develop for CM!).
30th March 2012, 08:48 PM   |  #20  
Senior Member
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 267
 
231 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red5

All non-dev related posts have been moved over to the General CM9 thread.

I guess the giant red bolded DEV tag at the top isnt obvious enough.

Can you clarify - I take it discussion about build issues that are because script fixups are necessary in github sources is also off-limits ? ie where the root issue is in the repo not the person trying to compile. (Previous post removal implies this.)

If someone can't massage whatever comes out of github in order to get it to compile then it's unlikely they would be posting patches even if the build worked. However, on the other hand, I would argue it's also useful to identify, discuss and fix any build related issues for the benefit of all (separate thread perhaps?)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm9, cyanogenmod, ice cream sandwich, ics, teamhacksung
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes