5,593,876 Members 46,961 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [GT-P7100] partition layout problem?

Tip us?

Misledz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8306

DONATE TO ME
Basically you don't have a normalboot.img either your bootsector was written to another partition or you may need to repartition it again.

Have you attempted flashing the pit file and the firmware file together? That should reformat and recreate into one partition only.

Galaxy_Owner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, I tried it already.
The only PIT file what the Odin accept with the ROM file is this: android_fastboot_emmc_full_p4_16G_32G.pit

But the problem remain the same.

I have two question:

1. If an another Tablet user make from his device a NANROID backup and send me
the backup file can I restore my device from this backup?

2. how can I check which partiton contains the bootimage?

Misledz
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 8306

DONATE TO ME
You may be able to do that, you may need a CWM backup image from someone, but I wouldn't suggest it as it also contains the efs and it will overwrite your IMEI too with his. Which is a bad idea as whatever he downloads in the Market, will be downloaded to your's too, or so I've heard. Since CWM backs up the EFS partition too.

I think that should be in the normalboot.img, you can try to open up the firmware with 7zip or WinRar, you'll find it in there. I wouldn't mess around with it too much though, then again, have you tried Kies? what has kies detected about your tablet?

On another note, if you have an efs backup on your device you can always copy that and paste it into that guy's nandroid backup and replace it, so the data that get's replaced is with your IMEI instead. That's one workaround, but efs gets generated on first boot, which you seem to be unable to do right now.

Best bet would be to flash CWM Recovery and do a complete wipe with internal aswell. Something else is conflicting with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misledz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Galaxy_Owner
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Finally I went to Samsung official service. They replaced the motherboard of my Tablet. Easy!

petermov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hi! I can confirm is bootloader problem , exactly same problems to me , but my tab had no root nor openbootloader, it just happened flashing with odin from 3.0.1 to 3.2.1 official smsung firm...

I have no posibility to purchase samsung sat so a bit of help may be thankfull... my tab is dead and useless.

Canīt find a repartition file, all ops found for 7500 model and 7510, can pit file may be fit for p7100???????

thx!!!!!!!!!!

Finalstar46
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I know that this is an old post, but I have exactly the same problem and find no easy solution ..
But I have not even Clockwork.
Has anyone perhaps now figured out how to fix it?

valtersboze
Old
Thanks Meter 8
seems the problem is partitioning with p7500. got a tabled damaged like this as well. there is no pit file for p7100 thus no chance to recover original partitioning.. i guess?
anyway, cannot mount all needed paths, while /dev/block/mmc**** exist, mke2fs outputs "invalid block size". probably because of the 7500 pit.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

maybe it is worth trying installing a rom for non-3g tab? would it skip /efs checking?
Galaxy Note III N9005
http://www.valtersboze.com

valtersboze
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Can someone create a pit file for p7100 (10.1v)? I guess the program is called Pit Magic, that extracts partition table settings..
Please help save a bricked device ?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
Galaxy Note III N9005
http://www.valtersboze.com

Wizard(LV)
Old
Thanks Meter 1
So can someone create pit file for P7100 or not? I got same device as others with damaged partitions (green robot with exclamation)
SGS i9505 16Gb Black Mist / WanamLite XXUBMGA V1.4 + Xposed 2.1.4 + WanamXposed 1.2.0 @ Adam kernel v1.5

ellite
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard(LV) View Post
So can someone create pit file for P7100 or not? I got same device as others with damaged partitions (green robot with exclamation)
Damn, I have the same problem.
Tried to repartion and now it only boots on ODIN3 download mode...
Guess it's just an expensive mirror now?